George W. Bush makes history...

So you voted for Bush because you were scared of explosions over head? Or are you saying OTHERS voted for Bush because of that? Because if you're saying other people voted for Bush because they were scared, you're as clueless as Ravir.

So you voted for Bush because you were scared of explosions over head? Or are you saying OTHERS voted for Bush because of that? Because if you're saying other people voted for Bush because they were scared, you're as clueless as Ravir.

Not overhead dipshit. Notice the "(except by not flying)" portion of the post?

I am saying (although you have put it pretty simply) that fear motivated people to vote for Bush. Maybe you... I don't know. Certainly not me.

Not overhead dipshit. Notice the "(except by not flying)" portion of the post?

I am saying (although you have put it pretty simply) that fear motivated people to vote for Bush. Maybe you... I don't know. Certainly not me.

So you're with Ravir. You think the American people (and apparently Bush himself) are cowering simpletons. Gotcha. You two excepted, of course.

So you're with Ravir. You think the American people (and apparently Bush himself) are cowering simpletons. Gotcha. You two excepted, of course.

No, but I think you are a blithering idiot.

Fear is an excellent motivating tool. It can be tapped and used for a variety of purposes, including political purposes. The Bush campaign was very good at capitalizing on fears (rational and irrational) during the lead up to the last election. Nothing necessarily wrong with that provided the fears aren't clearly unfounded.

But you're not saying you're fearful. You're saying the people who don't share your worldview are fearful. And stupid.

You're wrong. You're wrong when you say I'm stupid, and you're wrong when you say Bush was elected because the American people were afraid or stupid.

The fact that you think so proves you to be an elitist.

But you're not saying you're fearful. You're saying the people who don't share your worldview are fearful. And stupid.

You're wrong. You're wrong when you say I'm stupid, and you're wrong when you say Bush was elected because the American people were afraid or stupid.

The fact that you think so proves you to be an elitist.

You are so easily confused. I didn't say the American people were stupid. I said you are stupid.

"Allie is stupid." This is correct!

"The American people are stupid." This is false, although we have our share of rotten apples, one of which is Allie.

Not. It was definitely choosing the lesser of two evils. Bush is definitely no prize, but when you run complete retards against him, it's not hard to choose.

Maybe in your case, if you did vote for him. Most people, especially the second time around, were scared. A lot of them still are...and will probably never crawl out from under their beds.

Maybe in your case, if you did vote for him. Most people, especially the second time around, were scared. A lot of them still are...and will probably never crawl out from under their beds.

Why don't you go back and read the posts from that election time? Might be an awakening, even if you don't wish to follow up on the board.

Why don't you go back and read the posts from that election time? Might be an awakening, even if you don't wish to follow up on the board.

Be my guest and post them. I have no doubt some people voted for what they considered the lesser of two evils. But overall, people were afraid and made to stay that way.

You simpleton. Don't you remember DICK's famous statement, "We will probably be attacked again if a Democrat is elected."

That is playing the fear card. Congratulations, it worked!

bush is the greatest disaster to ever reside in the White House.

You simpleton. Don't you remember DICK's famous statement, "We will probably be attacked again if a Democrat is elected."

Simpleton? Hardly. Why don't you do as I suggested or not?

Fear is a great marketing tool. But the problem with it is that people eventually get tired of being afraid. One reason Obama has done so well is because hope is also a great marketing tool.

Cycles.

Ummm ... wrong? What I really have a hard time getting a handle on, is why it is you libs that always know what Bush and Cheney supposedly said, what they meant when they said it, and what sinister plot they were hatching when they said it.

I voted for Bush because his opponents were morons. Simple as that.

And yet he still has a higher approval rating then Congress. What does that say about them????
The institutional rating is misleading. It's always low. And it was bad under Republicans as well as Democrats. Nothing new there.

If it made sense, you wouldn't have such high reelection rates. When you look at the approval ratings of individual Senators and Representatives, the retention rate makes sense. And the average of those approval rates kicks Bush's ass.

Forum List

Back