George Wallace would be proud

"Children of the corn' on a walk about. The Monsanto supporting crew should be proud of themselves **not**!

"Children of the corn' on a walk about. The Monsanto supporting crew should be proud of themselves **not**!
The Children of the Corn will now have a higher rate of cancer,, thanks to the new black law...

Of his democrat party....old boss, same as the new boss

http://campusreform.org/?ID=7977

His quote- segregation forever!

So now minorities want to self segregate......

Funny, just yesterday I had a RWNJ pointing out that David Duke (who's running for Senator right now) has nothing to do with the Republican Party (in the present). And it's true the RP wants nothing to do with him even though he is a Republican, they won't support him or offer resources.

In the same way, when Wallace tried to run for Prez in 1968 he had to contrive a third party to run against both Republicans and Democrats (which in the South still meant, "against Democrats"). And four years earlier he tried to be Barry Goldwater's running mate.

Yet you want to keep his "democrat [sic] party" association intact, while Duke gets a pass. What's good for the Duke isn't good for the Wallace.

Having it both ways --- Priceless.

http://campusreform.org/?ID=7977

Funny, just yesterday I had a RWNJ pointing out that David Duke (who's running for Senator right now) has nothing to do with the Republican Party (in the present). And it's true the RP wants nothing to do with him even though he is a Republican, they won't support him or offer resources.

In the same way, when Wallace tried to run for Prez in 1968 he had to contrive a third party to run against both Republicans and Democrats (which in the South still meant, "against Democrats"). And four years earlier he tried to be Barry Goldwater's running mate.

Yet you want to keep his "democrat [sic] party" association intact, while Duke gets a pass. What's good for the Duke isn't good for the Wallace.

Revisionist history at it's best... pogo this is not Burger King...

Washingtonpost.com: George Wallace Remembered

What political party did George Wallace belong to

George Wallace

Claremont students refuse to live with whites

George Wallace

When he ran for President in 1968, the American Independent Party, which he made up for the occasion because the Democrats weren't going to get behind him. Same as Strom Thurmond did in 1948 for the same reason. Same as John Breckinridge did in 1860 for again, same reason. All of those got electoral votes in the South at the expense of Democrats. Thurmond nearly cost Truman the election. And he was kicked off the ballot next time he ran for Senator by the Democratic Party and had to run as a write-in.

Four years later he ran in Democratic primaries. Didn't get too far. Four years earlier he offered to jump to Republican and run as Goldwater's running mate (Goldwater declined). Then Goldwater had to talk him out of running his own campaign independently, as the South was the only support Goldwater had outside AridZona.

And btw it's its, not it's. It's means "it is". You wouldn't say "at it is best".

George Wallace

When he ran for President in 1968, the American Independent Party, which he made up for the occasion because the Democrats weren't going to get behind him. Same as Strom Thurmond did in 1948 for the same reason. Same as John Breckinridge did in 1860 for again, same reason. All of those got electoral votes in the South at the expense of Democrats. Thurmond nearly cost Truman the election. And he was kicked off the ballot next time he ran for Senator by the Democratic Party and had to run as a write-in.

Four years later he ran in Democratic primaries. Didn't get too far. Four years earlier he offered to jump to Republican and run as Goldwater's running mate (Goldwater declined). Then Goldwater had to talk him out of running his own campaign independently, as the South was the only support Goldwater had outside AridZona.

And btw it's its, not it's. It's means "it is". You wouldn't say "at it is best".

He died a democrat...Strom Thurmond is the only person you have witnessed the switch..Wallace bull condor and their ilk never were republicans...never

Pogo I hope I some how make your day when you can correct my grammar and punctuation. I am sure it feeds you ego to be correct about something. You come across as an elitist snob at times and the more I run into you, you confirm it. Go ahead and correct my failures in the composition of the English Language, as long as it makes you feel superior...

George Wallace

He died a democrat...Strom Thurmond is the only person you have witnessed the switch..Wallace bull condor and their ilk never were republicans...never

"The only person you have witnessed the switch" huh? Speako Englishee?

Wallace died a Democrat, yup. The question was what party he belonged to, and I spelled it out. And before that I drew the comparison to David Duke. Two guys who their major parties wouldn't support and ran against. If you acknowledge one -- you acknowledge the other.

Thurmond, whatever the Esperanto-meets-Algonquin sentence above is supposed to mean, broke a 99-year effective moratorium on associating with "Republican" in the South. When he pulled the switch in 1964 it had been unthinkable for exactly that long (though Wallace with his offer to Goldwater was privately thinking along the same lines). That's because the Republicans were the party of Lincoln, the President who had defeated and humiliated it, and that was still a current event in '64. I remember it being there (and Strom Thurmond was a relative of mine). So it was unprecedendted but broke the ice for others -- such as Trent Lott, who made the famous Thurmond birthday party crack. A very significant move it was.

Pogo I hope I some how make your day when you can correct my grammar and punctuation. I am sure it feeds you ego to be correct about something. You come across as an elitist snob at times and the more I run into you, you confirm it. Go ahead and correct my failures in the composition of the English Language, as long as it makes you feel superior...

I was nice about it. Posting "at it is best" just makes you look like a moron. That what you want?

George Wallace would have nothing to do with today's dem party.

He'd love Trump though.

Wallace incessantly railed against "liberals". As did most of the conservative South.
That historic complexity seems to sail blithely over a lot of binary heads that want to paint everything "red" or "blue". Life is just not that simplistic.

He'd love Trump though.

Maybe not... before his death, he apologized

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1995-03-11/news/1995070104_1_marchers-montgomery-wallace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He'd love Trump though.

Wrong he did ed in 1998...was still a democrat....sorry bro...all those racists....all Lloyd died as democrats...
Sorry bro..
It's all you
Plus you guys have blm and black panthers.....you guys love the racists.

He'd love Trump though.

Wrong he did ed in 1998...was still a democrat....sorry bro...all those racists....all Lloyd died as democrats...
Sorry bro..
It's all you
Plus you guys have blm and black panthers.....you guys love the racists.

And David Duke is still a Republican. Alive.

-------------- so what?

Ah, can't answer that, Kenya?

Forum List

Back