George Zimmerman's bloody head

George Zimmerman sorry for Trayvon Martin death as bail set at $150,000 | World news | guardian.co.uk

George Zimmerman, the neighbourhood watch volunteer charged with the murder of Trayvon Martin, unexpectedly took the stand at a bail hearing on Friday and apologised to the teenager's family.

"I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of their son. I did not know how old he was – I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. And I did not know if he was armed or not," Zimmerman said.

So he shot someone when he didn't even know if they were armed?

Depending on where you live and this is a high crime area, it is best to assume everyone is armed. If Trayvon Martin had not assumed Zimmerman was unarmed, he'd be alive today.

I really don't care why. In zimermans opinion he did look suspicious.

But why? He didn't commit a crime, and unless he was being annoying or posed as a threat to the people around him being on drugs is not a crime. Possessing drugs is, being public intoxicated is not unless you pose as a danger to yourself or others around you. Giving the fact Martin alone, if he was on drugs, he was not committing a crime.

You don't have to be committing a crime to look suspicious.

Zimmerman implied that Travon might be in the process of committing a crime when he said these punks always get away. Some people say he said something racist other than punks.

He is really talking a lot and digging himself in deeper. Corey is going to be all over him just with the stuff he's already said. Apologizing to the family at the bail hearing for one.

But why? He didn't commit a crime, and unless he was being annoying or posed as a threat to the people around him being on drugs is not a crime. Possessing drugs is, being public intoxicated is not unless you pose as a danger to yourself or others around you. Giving the fact Martin alone, if he was on drugs, he was not committing a crime.

Zimmerman implied that Travon might be in the process of committing a crime when he said these punks always get away. Some people say he said something racist other than punks.

He is really talking a lot and digging himself in deeper. Corey is going to be all over him just with the stuff he's already said. Apologizing to the family at the bail hearing for one.
We will see, but he should be out in a day or so; many want to help HIM. And he is accepting donations I believe.

George Zimmerman sorry for Trayvon Martin death as bail set at $150,000 | World news | guardian.co.uk

George Zimmerman, the neighbourhood watch volunteer charged with the murder of Trayvon Martin, unexpectedly took the stand at a bail hearing on Friday and apologised to the teenager's family.

"I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of their son. I did not know how old he was – I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. And I did not know if he was armed or not," Zimmerman said.

So he shot someone when he didn't even know if they were armed?

Depending on where you live and this is a high crime area, it is best to assume everyone is armed. If Trayvon Martin had not assumed Zimmerman was unarmed, he'd be alive today.

If Trayvon wasn't a thug and he hadn't attacked GZ then he'd still be alive today.

We will see, but he should be out in a day or so; many want to help HIM. And he is accepting donations I believe.

He gets bail but he has to wear an ankle bracelet. Which is fine, he doesn't seem to be a flight risk but he really should shut the hell up. The things he is saying are stupid and make no sense.

Zimmerman is way too naive. When Trayvon's parents complained that Zimmerman never even apologized for killing our son. At least we deserve an apology. He really believed them. When a victim wants an apology it's only because they can then say the apology was self-serving and insincere. Zimmerman walked right into that one.

Zimmerman is way too naive. When Trayvon's parents complained that Zimmerman never even apologized for killing our son. At least we deserve an apology. He really believed them. When a victim wants an apology it's only because they can then say the apology was self-serving and insincere. Zimmerman walked right into that one.

That is true. But the family cannot say they didn't get an apology, they just may use it against him, however.

No one answered the question I posed on another thread, so I'll try here. It's a basic wquestion that is at the heart of the scenario that is bothering me.

What is the role of the Neighborhood Watch person? Is there a written procedure for this person to follow? My experience with Neighborhood watch persons was that they put a card in the window of their home that shows children they are a "safe house" to come to if they are in trouble or lost.

If they are also to report suspicious people in the neighborhood are they supposed to follow them, especially armed or just report it? Is there a written protocol for their role?

If I was on the jury, that would important to know.

Lead invesigator testified under oath there wasn't evidence to indicate Zman's story didnt happen exactly as he recounted.

Lead invesigator testified under oath there wasn't evidence to indicate Zman's story didnt happen exactly as he recounted.

That's all well and good but now he has opened the door, she can ask him anything she wants regarding his statements. Legal acrobatics? Maybe but what he did isn't some traffic citation. He needs to stop with the lies. Corey is very savvy and she can take him down paths that he won't know how to wiggle out of.

That is true. But the family cannot say they didn't get an apology, they just may use it against him, however.

No one answered the question I posed on another thread, so I'll try here. It's a basic wquestion that is at the heart of the scenario that is bothering me.

What is the role of the Neighborhood Watch person? Is there a written procedure for this person to follow? My experience with Neighborhood watch persons was that they put a card in the window of their home that shows children they are a "safe house" to come to if they are in trouble or lost.

If they are also to report suspicious people in the neighborhood are they supposed to follow them, especially armed or just report it? Is there a written protocol for their role?

It's been addressed. It's against the Neighborhood Watch guidelines to be Armed while Patrolling. It is not against the Law in his community.

What is Neighborhood Watch?

In essence, Neighborhood Watch is a crime prevention program that stresses education and common sense (Stegenga 2000). It teaches citizens how to help themselves by identifying and reporting suspicious activity in their neighborhoods. In addition, it provides citizens with the opportunity to make their neighborhoods safer and improve the quality of life. Neighborhood Watch groups typically focus on observation and awareness as a means of preventing crime and employ strategies that range from simply promoting social interaction and "watching out for each other" to active patrols by groups of citizens (Yin, et al., 1976).

Most neighborhood crime prevention groups are organized around a block or a neighborhood and are started with assistance from a law enforcement agency. Volunteers who donate their time and resources are typically at the center of such programs, since many do not have a formal budget or source of funding. One study (Garofalo and McLeod, 1988) found that most Neighborhood Watches were located in areas that contained high percentages of single-family homes, little or no commercial establishments, and residents who had lived at their current address for more than five years. This study also found that most of the programs used street signs to show the presence of the program to potentially deter any would-be criminals.

All Neighborhood Watches share one foundational idea: that bringing community members together to reestablish control of their neighborhoods promotes an increased quality of life and reduces the crime rate in that area. As Rosenbaum (1988) put it ". . . if social disorganization is the problem and if traditional agents of social control no longer are performing adequately, we need to find alternative ways to strengthen informal social control and to restore a 'sense of neighborhood'". That's precisely what Neighborhood Watch strives to do. In fact, from the earliest attempts to deal with the neighborhood structure as it relates to crime (through the Chicago Area Project of the early 1900s), to modern attempts at neighborhood crime prevention, collective action by residents has proved one of the most effective strategies.

The reason for this effectiveness is rather simple: Involving community members in watch programs decreases opportunities for criminals to commit crime rather than attempting to change their behavior or motivation.

Today's Neighborhood Watch Program is an effective means of crime control and neighborhood cohesiveness. While not all of the programs in place today go by the same name, they all accomplish the same goal: to bring community members together to fight crime. As Minor aptly wrote, "Neighborhood is the key to maintaining successful relationships."

Deprecated Browser Error

It's been addressed. It's against the Neighborhood Watch guidelines to be Armed while Patrolling. It is not against the Law in his community.

Thank you very much. So, "Patrolling" I would say, that he was alright to go around looking for suspicious characters and following Martin was perhaps a little bit of a stretch, but not much depending how closely and long he followed him. Obviously, Martin knew he was being followed so it was long enough to be noticed.

Last edited:

Not true. Not true at all. Not only did the lead homicide detective find Z's story inconsistent with the evidence and want to charge him,

but the investigator that was under oath yesterday said:

"Gilbreath also was asked what further evidence he had about a confrontation apart from the phone call and witnesses' statements: "We have Mr. Zimmerman's statement, we have the shell casing, and we have the body," he said.
When asked by the prosecuting attorney whether there was any evidence that suggests Zimmerman's original statement to police was not true, Gilbreith replied, "Yes.
"

Judge grants $150K bail for George Zimmerman - CBS News

Last edited:

Not true. Not true at all. Not only did the lead homicide detective find Z's story inconsistent with the evidence and want to charge him,

but the investigator that was under oath yesterday said:

"Gilbreath also was asked what further evidence he had about a confrontation apart from the phone call and witnesses' statements: "We have Mr. Zimmerman's statement, we have the shell casing, and we have the body," he said.
When asked by the prosecuting attorney whether there was any evidence that suggests Zimmerman's original statement to police was not true, Gilbreith replied, "Yes.
"

Judge grants $150K bail for George Zimmerman - CBS News

Would you expect different testimony from a prosecution witness? if the statement was anything different, he'd be a defense witness not a prosecution witness.

I was really annoyed at the Martins attorney's vile contemptuous remarks in the wake of the apology. It tells me that they are playing games. What do you expect from a mother that trademarked her son? She wants sensationalism.

Last edited:

I was really annoyed at the Martin's vile contemptuous remarks in the wake of the apology. It tells me that they are playing games. What do you expect from a mother that trademarked her son? She wants sensationalism.

I think SHE walked into that one from the advice of Sharpton. He should have kept his big nose out of it.

Forum List

Back