George Zimmerman's bloody head

Whenever deadly force is used, someone should be held accountable for it.

I do not agree with this statement. For example, there are plenty of cases in which repeat offenders (burglars, rapists, etc) have armed themselves and broken into the home of what they perceive to be a vulnerable single woman. Occasionally, that woman is armed and ends up using deadly force. In such circumstances, I would consider putting that woman on trial or even before a grand jury to be a travesty. Defending one's life with deadly force is not necessarily a bad thing.

Again, I make no comparison here to the Zimmerman case.

Please don't tell me you think that is a valid comparison.

All along, I've seen it as manslaughter.

Prosecutors often shoot high. Oh well.

Why?

If Martin attacked him and it was reasonable for him to fear for his life, how could you possibly come to the conclusion that he's guilty of manslaughter? The fact that you think Zimmerman shouldn't have asked him what he was up to is only your opinion and not relevant to the criminal charge.
It's the word "if" you start with. If.

My conclusion, with the (albeit slight) evidence I have seen and my analysis, leads me to different if's.

Such as?

To me the aggressor was Zimmerman, armed with a gun. Whatever happened after that is on him. Placing all that occurred on Martin who was stalked seems unreasonable.

To me the aggressor was Zimmerman, armed with a gun. Whatever happened after that is on him. Placing all that occurred on Martin who was stalked seems unreasonable.

Based on what evidence?

Zimmerman's admission to the shooting, 911 call and timeline.

^When objectively considered, all points to self-defense.

And now layer in Zimmerman's bloody head and the gunpowder residue on Martin's shirt and it's a slam dunk.

Sucks for you to be so wrong, I just hope you don't riot (or apologize for those that do) once Zimmerman is rightly acquitted.

Based on what evidence?

And now layer in Zimmerman's bloody head and the gunpowder residue on Martin's shirt and it's a slam dunk.

Sucks for you to be so wrong, I just hope you don't riot (or apologize for those that do) once Zimmerman is rightly acquitted.
EMS reports will tell the story. Investigators have suggested it does not match the evidence. In addition, his first aid treatment was a matter of a mere few minutes in the back of a squad car.
And the gunpowder residue, shell casing, investigators have said it does not match the evidence.

We have yet to see those reports.

No slam dunk.

I see where you are coming from but it really depends on the time involved. I can see Martin turning and pouncing on Zimmerman in a fight or flight response to the stalking, but if Zimmerman was clearly retreating with time clearly indicating that, it's a different ball game.

That would mean that Martin had to go a distance to Zimmerman to attack him. But it no way absolves Zimmerman from having a gun and patrolling if he wasn't supposed to be.

Too many questions we don't have the evidence for.

Based on what evidence?

Strawman. Thanks for playing.

Fail.

I've not represented your position in any way shape or form, let alone incorrectly.

Go look up what strawman means or continue to look the fool. :thup:

Why?

If Martin attacked him and it was reasonable for him to fear for his life, how could you possibly come to the conclusion that he's guilty of manslaughter? The fact that you think Zimmerman shouldn't have asked him what he was up to is only your opinion and not relevant to the criminal charge.

My conclusion, with the (albeit slight) evidence I have seen and my analysis, leads me to different if's.

Such as?

:eusa_whistle:

Questions a friend asked, that we have yet to see the answers to:

What are the autopsy results?
What are the toxicology results?
What are the results of the blood spatter testing?
Was there gunshot residue on Trayvon's hands, body?
What are the results of the testing on zimmerman's clothing?
What is the sworn testimony of each witness?
What is the trajectory of the bullet?
Were there fingerprints on the gun and who did they belong too?
Was zimmerman's dna found under Trayvon's fingernails?
Did Trayvon sustain any defensive wounds?
What are the results of the FBI enhanced tapes?
Who was screaming "help?"
What does the EMT's report say?
Was blood found on the walkway, tree or electrical coverings in the grass?
What did zimmerman say in each of his three/five interviews?
Where exactly was zimmerman's truck parked.
In which direction was the truck pointed?

If you know the answers to these questions, please speak out, so we can all be sure the Special Prosecutors arrested and charged a man who killed a teenager with no evidence to back it up.

Such as?

:eusa_whistle:
This one covers a good portion of it:

Based on what evidence?

Oh, and the unanswered questions from above.

Last edited:
Questions a friend asked, that we have yet to see the answers to:

What are the autopsy results?
What are the toxicology results?
What are the results of the blood spatter testing?
Was there gunshot residue on Trayvon's hands, body?
What are the results of the testing on zimmerman's clothing?
What is the sworn testimony of each witness?
What is the trajectory of the bullet?
Were there fingerprints on the gun and who did they belong too?
Was zimmerman's dna found under Trayvon's fingernails?
Did Trayvon sustain any defensive wounds?
What are the results of the FBI enhanced tapes?
Who was screaming "help?"
What does the EMT's report say?
Was blood found on the walkway, tree or electrical coverings in the grass?
What did zimmerman say in each of his three/five interviews?
Where exactly was zimmerman's truck parked.
In which direction was the truck pointed?

If you know the answers to these questions, please speak out, so we can all be sure the Special Prosecutors arrested and charged a man who killed a teenager with no evidence to back it up.

These are all questions the prosecuters have answers to and decided to charge Zimmerman. Until we hear the evidence all we can do is speculate and listen to the media and we know the media is right on top of things...right?

Guess we have to wait for the trial.

It seems to me in this case that Zimmerman himself was fighting a strawman, i.e. he saw a black kid and thought "criminal." It's just too bad someone had to die.

Some people are so damned biased they can convince themselves of anything.

Yup, it's so much easier to believe that Zimmerman is a racist who shot an innocent black man, and then got high fives from the local, also racist police department, who swept the incident under the rug and didn't arrest him at the scene, than to believe it was simply a tragedy resulting from a situation that got out of hand. You guys crack me up! :lmao:

It seems to me in this case that Zimmerman himself was fighting a strawman, i.e. he saw a black kid and thought "criminal." It's just too bad someone had to die.

In a neighborhood where black kids are not exactly rare, he just picked this time and this kid to act out his racist fantasies. Yeah, that makes all the sense in the world. :doubt:

Forum List

Back