George Zimmerman's bloody head

Hmmmm....and yet these horrible wounds did not even require a BandAid as witnessed from the police video when Zimmerman was taken out of the squad car. Nor a doctor's attention. In fact, the second EMS vehicle called, which was designated for Zimmerman, turned around, too.

I shot a S&W 686 revolver once. It was the first time I had ever fired a gun. The recoil knocked me back against a fence and I had a nasty bruise on my back. Sorry it didn't bleed in order to convince you Neanderthals that something besides my own actions caused the problem. I suspect the superficial cuts on the back of Zimmerman's hairless head were due to similar circumstances.

I thought of that also. I know a man who had it happen, he had a concussion though.

Eye witness to Martin pounding Zimmerman, you dismiss it. Eye Witness to Zimmerman calling for help you dismiss it. A picture to prove his head was damaged and you dismiss it. Remind again how you are all impartial and just want the truth again.

You are dismissing the fact that this is all HEARSAY until "proven beyond a reasonable doubt" in a court of law. Reading this thread it seems that many would like to forego our legal system in lieu of what is reported by the press....Like I said, Neanderthals.

Zimmerman is way too naive. When Trayvon's parents complained that Zimmerman never even apologized for killing our son. At least we deserve an apology. He really believed them. When a victim wants an apology it's only because they can then say the apology was self-serving and insincere. Zimmerman walked right into that one.

That is true. But the family cannot say they didn't get an apology, they just may use it against him, however.

No one answered the question I posed on another thread, so I'll try here. It's a basic wquestion that is at the heart of the scenario that is bothering me.

What is the role of the Neighborhood Watch person? Is there a written procedure for this person to follow? My experience with Neighborhood watch persons was that they put a card in the window of their home that shows children they are a "safe house" to come to if they are in trouble or lost.

If they are also to report suspicious people in the neighborhood are they supposed to follow them, especially armed or just report it? Is there a written protocol for their role?

If I was on the jury, that would important to know.

Here you go:

Sanford Police Department Neighborhood Watch Handbook
You will add your “eyes and ears” to
those of the Police Department which
cannot be everywhere, all the time, by
keeping a watchful eye and open ear to
what is happening in your
neighborhood. You will extend their
ability to provide security by reporting
anything unusual or suspicious, 24 hours
a day, seven days a week, so they can
follow up on your leads. What you will
not do is get physically involved with
any activity you report or
apprehension of any suspicious
persons. This is the job of the law
enforcement agency.
^^^^ Emphasis THEIRS.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/NWProgramHandbook.pdf

In big bolded font the above words there INSIST people are not to " get physically involved with any activity you report or apprehen[d] of any suspicious persons."

They do that in not only one area of the NW Guidelines, but twice.
In BOLD letters.

We KNOW Zimmerman was told by police this, as Z was the one who helped facilitate the NW meeting with the Sanford Police Chief for guidelines, and as contact and Captain would necessarily need to be informed of the rules:

Twin Lakes at Retreat news letter -Sept 2011:
George Zimmerman's name listed as contact & that Chief Lee was coming to next meeting: RTL Newsletter September 2011 FINAL

Feb 2012 Twin Lakes at Retreat news letter - George Zimmerman identified as Captain: RTL February 2012 Newsletter

SFP -meeting with residents after shooting - Relaying Zimmerman was acting as NW at the time of the shooting: Sanford PD Meeting

In addition:

In September, the Sanford police helped the Retreat start a neighborhood watch program.

"Some residents called me wanting to do a startup," said Dorival, a civilian police employee. About 30 people came to the clubhouse for that first session, she said. "Everyone was enthusiastic." Zimmerman volunteered to be captain.

"I told them, this is not about being a vigilante police force," Dorival said. "You're not even supposed to patrol on neighborhood watch. And you're certainly not supposed to carry a gun."
Trayvon Martin's killing shatters safety within Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford - Tampa Bay Times

George Zimmerman sorry for Trayvon Martin death as bail set at $150,000 | World news | guardian.co.uk

George Zimmerman, the neighbourhood watch volunteer charged with the murder of Trayvon Martin, unexpectedly took the stand at a bail hearing on Friday and apologised to the teenager's family.

"I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of their son. I did not know how old he was – I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. And I did not know if he was armed or not," Zimmerman said.

So he shot someone when he didn't even know if they were armed?

:lol:

He didn't have time to check, he was too busy worrying about the fact that his head was being repeatedly bounced off the pavement.

Zimmerman is way too naive. When Trayvon's parents complained that Zimmerman never even apologized for killing our son. At least we deserve an apology. He really believed them. When a victim wants an apology it's only because they can then say the apology was self-serving and insincere. Zimmerman walked right into that one.

That is true. But the family cannot say they didn't get an apology, they just may use it against him, however.

No one answered the question I posed on another thread, so I'll try here. It's a basic wquestion that is at the heart of the scenario that is bothering me.

What is the role of the Neighborhood Watch person? Is there a written procedure for this person to follow? My experience with Neighborhood watch persons was that they put a card in the window of their home that shows children they are a "safe house" to come to if they are in trouble or lost.

If they are also to report suspicious people in the neighborhood are they supposed to follow them, especially armed or just report it? Is there a written protocol for their role?

Here you go:

You will add your “eyes and ears” to
those of the Police Department which
cannot be everywhere, all the time, by
keeping a watchful eye and open ear to
what is happening in your
neighborhood. You will extend their
ability to provide security by reporting
anything unusual or suspicious, 24 hours
a day, seven days a week, so they can
follow up on your leads. What you will
not do is get physically involved with
any activity you report or
apprehension of any suspicious
persons. This is the job of the law
enforcement agency.
^^^^ Emphasis THEIRS.

In big bolded font the above words there INSIST people are not to " get physically involved with any activity you report or apprehen[d] of any suspicious persons."

In BOLD letters.

We KNOW Zimmerman was told by police this, as Z was the one who helped facilitate the NW meeting with the Sanford Police Chief for guidelines, and as contact and Captain would necessarily need to be informed of the rules:

George Zimmerman's name listed as contact & that Chief Lee was coming to next meeting: RTL Newsletter September 2011 FINAL

Feb 2012 Twin Lakes at Retreat news letter - George Zimmerman identified as Captain: RTL February 2012 Newsletter

SFP -meeting with residents after shooting - Relaying Zimmerman was acting as NW at the time of the shooting: Sanford PD Meeting

In addition:

In September, the Sanford police helped the Retreat start a neighborhood watch program.

"Some residents called me wanting to do a startup," said Dorival, a civilian police employee. About 30 people came to the clubhouse for that first session, she said. "Everyone was enthusiastic." Zimmerman volunteered to be captain.

"I told them, this is not about being a vigilante police force," Dorival said. "You're not even supposed to patrol on neighborhood watch. And you're certainly not supposed to carry a gun."
Trayvon Martin's killing shatters safety within Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford - Tampa Bay Times

That is what I am concerned about. That was the beginning of trouble. In civil suits, juries assign blame in percentages. Zimmerman would be assigned blame for going outside the protocol for Neighborhood watch and the entire scenario escalated until an unarmend man was dead. Good thing for Zimmerman this is not a civil suit.

When Zimmerman gets acquitted and riots ensue, the blood will be on the hands of a completely reckless and irresponsible media.

I think we can say to a near certainty, that if Zimmerman had stay in the truck and not followed Martin, Martin would have been home by 7:15PM, in time to settle down and watch the game with his (soon-to-be) little brother, and the world would never know of the now infamous, incarcerated, 911 calling, George Zimmerman.

I think we can say to a near certainty, that if Zimmerman had stay in the truck and not followed Martin, Martin would have been home by 7:15PM, in time to settle down and watch the game with his (soon-to-be) little brother, and the world would never know of the now infamous, incarcerated, 911 calling, George Zimmerman.

That doesn't make him guilty of 2nd degree murder.

Here you go:

^^^^ Emphasis THEIRS.

In BOLD letters.

In addition:

That is what I am concerned about. That was the beginning of trouble. In civil suits, juries assign blame in percentages. Zimmerman would be assigned blame for going outside the protocol for Neighborhood watch and the entire scenario escalated until an unarmend man was dead. Good thing for Zimmerman this is not a civil suit.
If Zimmerman is unable to be granted immunity under the SYG law, (where he will have to take the stand and be cross-examined by prosecutors) - then even if he is found not guilty by a jury, you can bet your ass there will be a civil suit against Z and the HOA.

George Zimmerman sorry for Trayvon Martin death as bail set at $150,000 | World news | guardian.co.uk

George Zimmerman, the neighbourhood watch volunteer charged with the murder of Trayvon Martin, unexpectedly took the stand at a bail hearing on Friday and apologised to the teenager's family.

"I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of their son. I did not know how old he was – I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. And I did not know if he was armed or not," Zimmerman said.

So he shot someone when he didn't even know if they were armed?

He didn't have time to check, he was too busy worrying about the fact that his head was being repeatedly bounced off the pavement.

What was expected when Zimmerman was following him? He turned and fought him. We aren't sure of the details. We will have to wait for all of the evidence.

All along, I've seen it as manslaughter.

Prosecutors often shoot high. Oh well.

That is true. If Zimmerman had not called attention to himself, Martin would never have attacked him and bashed his head into the sidewalk.

What was expected when Zimmerman was following him? He turned and fought him. We aren't sure of the details. We will have to wait for all of the evidence.

Correct, we're not sure of all the details. But the last couple of details released sure do support Zimmerman's story.

Here you go:

^^^^ Emphasis THEIRS.

In BOLD letters.

In addition:

If Zimmerman is unable to be granted immunity under the SYG law, (where he will have to take the stand and be cross-examined by prosecutors) - then even if he is found not guilty by a jury, you can bet your ass there will be a civil suit against Z and the HOA.

Yes, but at this juncture, that is the least of his worries! Maybe not the HOA.

A jury's verdict makes him guilty or innocent. I was wondering if Florida allows the judge to be the jury? I'd probably feel better with a judge ruling over 12 inexperienced emotional jurors.

Why?

If Martin attacked him and it was reasonable for him to fear for his life, how could you possibly come to the conclusion that he's guilty of manslaughter? The fact that you think Zimmerman shouldn't have asked him what he was up to is only your opinion and not relevant to the criminal charge.

Why?

If Martin attacked him and it was reasonable for him to fear for his life, how could you possibly come to the conclusion that he's guilty of manslaughter? The fact that you think Zimmerman shouldn't have asked him what he was up to is only your opinion and not relevant to the criminal charge.
It's the word "if" you start with. If.

My conclusion, with the (albeit slight) evidence I have seen and my analysis, leads me to different if's.

Forum List

Back