Georgia republicans just made water an illegal substance

So why pass a law making it illegal to offer someone water in a voting line?
Because liberal jackasses were trying to influence the vote. As usual, those f'n idiots ruin legitimate charity with their power-hungry agenda.

Well folks you can now go to jail in Georgia if you offer people waiting in a long line to vote a little water and a snack thanks to republicans in that state. Other republican controlled states may follow suit..Georgia governor signs sweeping election regulations into law. There are even restrictions on snacks...

The reason for the water and snack restrictions is pretty obvious. One party could offer snacks and water and possibly sway the voters. I think it is over the top however these two parties are corrupt to the core.
Geez...it appears the Dembots have eaten up the lies by Xiden and his propagandist....the law doesn't ban everyone from doing this, the law bans, campaigns from handing out give aways, gifts etc within 25 feet of the polling station. The law already banned this, but water and food was a 'gray area" - that the new law cleared up. The obvious point is for campaigns not to harass, or try to purchase votes...when a voter is in line...
Yeah, I looked at the law. This isn’t true. No one can give any food or water to anyone in line within 150 feet of the building.

It has nothing to do with whether or not you’re part of a campaign.
Sorry, 150 feet from polling station (the building), 25 feet from person in line. Still, not a ban on everyone, just campaigns...and only a few feet
It’s a ban on everyone. This is page 71 of the law (SB 202). It says no person.

Said chapter is further amended by revising subsections (a) and (e) of Code Section 21-2-414, relating to restrictions on campaign activities and public opinion polling within the vicinity of a polling place, cellular phone use prohibited, prohibition of candidates from entering certain polling places, and penalty, as follows:
"(a) No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any person distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to an elector, nor shall any person solicit signatures for any petition, nor shall any person, other than election officials discharging their duties, establish or set up any tables or booths on any day in which ballots are being cast:
(1) Within 150 feet of the outer edge of any building within which a polling place is established;
(2) Within any polling place; or
(3) Within 25 feet of any voter standing in line to vote at any polling place.

You can't give food or water however you can sell it. No law against it.

So why pass a law making it illegal to offer someone water in a voting line?
Because liberal jackasses were trying to influence the vote. As usual, those f'n idiots ruin legitimate charity with their power-hungry agenda.
Offering someone water is influencing their vote??..I was going to vote for Trump but since you offered me some water I'm going to vote for Biden instead..LOL!!

The reason for the water and snack restrictions is pretty obvious. One party could offer snacks and water and possibly sway the voters. I think it is over the top however these two parties are corrupt to the core.
If the people were wearing campaign paraphernalia and handing out items, I’d be opposed because the items would be associated with the party.

But there’s already a law against that.

This is just outlawing people performing acts of kindness.

Offering someone water is influencing their vote??..I was going to vote for Trump but since you offered me some water I'm going to vote for Biden instead..LOL!!
It depends on what is said as the water is being offered. Surely you aren't so stupid as to not see how this could be abused?

It depends on what is said as the water is being offered. Surely you aren't so stupid as to not see how this could be abused?
Like what..I'll let you die of thrist if you don't you change your vote to Biden??

If the people were wearing campaign paraphernalia and handing out items, I’d be opposed because the items would be associated with the party.

I understand your scenario, I would see it as an act of kindness however you and I would be honest and be kind, there are those that would use it as an opportunity to bribe a vote. Not everyone is open and honest as we are.

I understand your scenario, I would see it as an act of kindness however you and I would be honest and be kind, there are those that would use it as an opportunity to bribe a vote. Not everyone is open and honest as we are.
If someone is going to use it to bribe a vote, that’s already illegal.

Bribing a vote. You look a little thristy, I'll give you some water if you vote for Biden. Okay, I'll do it, I'm really thristy..LOL!!

Well folks you can now go to jail in Georgia if you offer people waiting in a long line to vote a little water and a snack thanks to republicans in that state. Other republican controlled states may follow suit..Georgia governor signs sweeping election regulations into law. There are even restrictions on snacks...

Ha.

When I was a kid, I started whining about being thirsty. Grammaw said "should've gotten some before we left the house."

That was the end of it.
And that would be child abuse.

Forum List

Back