Georgia republicans just made water an illegal substance

I understand your scenario, I would see it as an act of kindness however you and I would be honest and be kind, there are those that would use it as an opportunity to bribe a vote. Not everyone is open and honest as we are.
If someone is going to use it to bribe a vote, that’s already illegal.

True however we have lots of laws that overlap and that means that when a person breaks a law, there is more pressure the legal system can use. Look how many gun laws we have and the real teeth is overlapping laws and the ability to charge a person with multiple counts of the same crime.

The reason for the water and snack restrictions is pretty obvious. One party could offer snacks and water and possibly sway the voters. I think it is over the top however these two parties are corrupt to the core.
If the people were wearing campaign paraphernalia and handing out items, I’d be opposed because the items would be associated with the party.

But there’s already a law against that.

This is just outlawing people performing acts of kindness.

I understand your scenario, I would see it as an act of kindness however you and I would be honest and be kind, there are those that would use it as an opportunity to bribe a vote. Not everyone is open and honest as we are.
Bribing a vote. You look a little thristy, I'll give you some water if you vote for Biden. Okay, I'll do it, I'm really thristy..LOL!!

As bad as the two parties are and mine going to a third party, I could sell my vote for Big Mac and coke. Fair trade off, at least I'd get something for my vote. :)

Well folks you can now go to jail in Georgia if you offer people waiting in a long line to vote a little water and a snack thanks to republicans in that state. Other republican controlled states may follow suit..Georgia governor signs sweeping election regulations into law. There are even restrictions on snacks...

Ha.

When I was a kid, I started whining about being thirsty. Grammaw said "should've gotten some before we left the house."

That was the end of it.

I find that old tires laying in vacant lots or on the side of the road typically have some water left in them.
So some old guy getting thirsty while waiting in a long line to vote should just leave and go find an old tire??
Suck it up or bring a bottle of water with you.
So what if they forget or didn't think the line would be that long. Handing someone a bottle of water is now a crime. You people are unbelievable.
18 USC 597

"Whoever makes or offers to make an expenditure to any person, either to vote or withhold his vote, or to vote for or against any candidate; and

Whoever solicits, accepts, or receives any such expenditure in consideration of his vote or the withholding of his vote—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if the violation was willful, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

It appears the Georgia legislature was enforcing federal law. I'm pretty sure strategically placed water fountains will do just fine.

Sure why not? Let those Blackeys lose their place in line and run to a freaking water fountain (which Kemp will prolly turn off being the shitstain and voter suppression EXPERT that he is).

Actually, COVID turned off all the water fountains. Around here anyway.

So if a paramedic gives a dehydrated person water, that paramedic has broken the law, correct?
Yes. And also, bring receipts for the water. They have no way of knowing whether someone has been given water or they brought it themselves - so expect to be shaken down while in line to vote by cops with nothing better to do.

Welcome to Nazi Germa--I mean America

True however we have lots of laws that overlap and that means that when a person breaks a law, there is more pressure the legal system can use. Look how many gun laws we have and the real teeth is overlapping laws and the ability to charge a person with multiple counts of the same crime.
At least those laws are actually intended to combat crimes. This is so broad it covers everything.

Lets give everyone in line a $10 WAWA gift card with a photo of Biden on it so they can get water after they vote.

At least those laws are actually intended to combat crimes. This is so broad it covers everything.
I like broads.

This is intended to combat crimes too

(Psst...the crime is being black in Georgia)

This is intended to combat crimes too

(Psst...the crime is being black in Georgia)
The slums came out in full force and no one stopped them from voting.

You now need to scan your Drivers License and print it off to include it with your mail-in ballot.

So if you're in Georgia, go buy a scanner and a printer. Will cost you over $100 to do that so...sorry if you're poor or disabled. Thank the GOP for making it a requirement for mail-in.
You can go to FEDEX and scan it there for $2.00, moron.
So, the Georgia legislature passed an unwarranted law to prevent people from giving other people water and snacks while waiting in a long line to vote.
The real question is what chicanery led to such a law being passed?
All we're hearing here are childishly simplified emotional outbursts devoid of any intellectual depth of understanding.

"Water is illegal!!!! Waaaahhh!!!!". F'n retards.
So why pass a law making it illegal to offer someone water in a voting line?
The law prevents you from offering food or drink. Those are both examples of exchanging something of value for a vote, which is strictly prohibited by all campaign codes.

What Indeependent said is actually factually true. We had the highest turnout in over 100 years.

I know we always say "The people have spoken"

but in this case, the people spoke so loudly and with such great force to say "Go back to reality TV, ya bum!" that even the dead rose and illegals printed out Drivers Licenses and laminated them to come and vote him out.

It covers free food and free drinks, not that expansive. Some of the rest of the bill I find questionable at best. Our state we can mail in my vote. So lines haven't been an issue with us for awhile now.

What Indeependent said is actually factually true. We had the highest turnout in over 100 years.

I know we always say "The people have spoken"

but in this case, the people spoke so loudly and with such great force to say "Go back to reality TV, ya bum!" that even the dead rose and illegals printed out Drivers Licenses and laminated them to come and vote him out.
80,000,000 vs 75,000,000 shows you flunked math.

You now need to scan your Drivers License and print it off to include it with your mail-in ballot.

So if you're in Georgia, go buy a scanner and a printer. Will cost you over $100 to do that so...sorry if you're poor or disabled. Thank the GOP for making it a requirement for mail-in.
They can't go to a local library, print shop, bank, or store to get a Xerox copy made? Nobody they know has a friggen computer and printer? These things are practically ubiquitous. This may be an annoyance, but a very minor one.

They can't go to a local library, print shop, bank, or store to get a Xerox copy made? Nobody they know has a friggen computer and printer? These things are practically ubiquitous. This may be an annoyance, but a very minor one.
...I mean it costs money to make a copy at a print shop or a bank or a store. You're literally asking "Don't they mind paying a poll tax to vote? Jeez, shut up and stop whining people"

Aren't you a Liberal?

The **** is wrong with you. Get outta here with that. Poll taxes are illegal for a reason

EDIT: dumbass

Forum List

Back