Georgia State Trooper denied bail for Line of Duty shooting.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
In an unprecedented move a Magistrate Judge has denied bail on State Trooper Jacob Gordon Thompson who is accused of murdering Julian Lewis.

Now this is exceptionally odd. In nearly every other case the LEO is granted bail or released on their own recognizance.

This took place in Screven County. This is not a major city. Nor a minor one. It is essentially a rural area.

The times, they are a changing. And for LEO’s this is going to be a big and unpleasant shock.

This type of Police persecution is going to have the long term result of America being MUCH more dangerous.
Think Brazil. This is what the left craves for America.

Not as much shock as people will be in when they are facing a home invasion and 4 armed violent felons are in the house and 911 has a recording
telling you to "leave a message"

Worse yet, if dims gain power, they will take away your self defense.

In an unprecedented move a Magistrate Judge has denied bail on State Trooper Jacob Gordon Thompson who is accused of murdering Julian Lewis.

Now this is exceptionally odd. In nearly every other case the LEO is granted bail or released on their own recognizance.

This took place in Screven County. This is not a major city. Nor a minor one. It is essentially a rural area.

The times, they are a changing. And for LEO’s this is going to be a big and unpleasant shock.
Released on their own recognizance on a felony murder charge? Now that would really be odd. Judge must have thought on reviewing the arrest, that he represented a danger to society. He was certainly a danger to the late Mr. Lewis. 60 years old and had a busted tail light. Wow.

This type of Police persecution is going to have the long term result of America being MUCH more dangerous.

Not as much shock as people will be in when they are facing a home invasion and 4 armed violent felons are in the house and 911 has a recording

Not in Tennessee.

This is what happens in Brazil ... police are allowed to kill anytime they want ... if you ever go there, heed the State Dep't's warnings about how to interact with the police there ... they will kill you dead rather than get one crease in their starched uniform ...

You seem to have a sheltered understand of how things are beyond our borders ...

"I feared for my life" is no longer working especially where video is involved.

I don't support prison violence but I can't imagine his time in jail is going to be all that great for him. My guess is his lies is what caused the judge to deny bail.

good

• Banned

Again. This is Screven County. Population of less than 15k.

They vote Republican. The biggest city is Sylvania. It is famous for basically a small airport popular with private pilots. It is literally nowhere. No Control Tower just Unicom. So blaming the Democrats for it is kind of silly.

If BLM held a protest nobody would know because basically five people would see it.

So...it is ok for police to shoot ab60 yr old man for a busted tail light? That is what Repubs are saying?

So...it is ok for police to shoot ab60 yr old man for a busted tail light? That is what Repubs are saying?

Even noting it all........a busted tail light and fleeing. It's not an excuse to kill a person. The busted tail light was little more than an excuse for a fishing expedition at that. That's why people are arguing to take this kind of enforcement away from armed police.

Even noting it all........a busted tail light and fleeing. It's not an excuse to kill a person. The busted tail light was little more than an excuse for a fishing expedition at that. That's why people are arguing to take this kind of enforcement away from armed police.
Those are things where I feel reform is needed.

I don't support prison violence but I can't imagine his time in jail is going to be all that great for him. My guess is his lies is what caused the judge to deny bail.

A couple years ago the News in Atlanta reviewed the Police Shootings. They found that about half of the people shot by Police were unarmed or shot in the back. Half.

Seeing the big picture shocked people. Well most people. Some of those folks, like some on the board, can not imagine a situation where you wouldn’t shoot a guy. Especially a Black.

Seeing the big picture shocked the people and they started to really look at the I was afeared for my life claims. Investigations into the police shootings are now done with a more critical eye. Two years ago this would have been written off as Justified after a few months of “investigation”.

As I said. The times are a changing.

A couple years ago the News in Atlanta reviewed the Police Shootings. They found that about half of the people shot by Police were unarmed or shot in the back. Half.

Seeing the big picture shocked people. Well most people. Some of those folks, like some on the board, can not imagine a situation where you wouldn’t shoot a guy. Especially a Black.

Seeing the big picture shocked the people and they started to really look at the I was afeared for my life claims. Investigations into the police shootings are now done with a more critical eye. Two years ago this would have been written off as Justified after a few months of “investigation”.

They absolutely are. Slowly but they are finally changing. That's making some people really mad.

Apparently, there is more going on here than meets the eye, possibly more than the unusual move of a pit maneuver to stop somebody with a tail light out and then shooting him in the head while still in the car unarmed. The trooper was fired (another unusual move) and the Georgia Bureau of investigation and the FBI have launched separate civil rights investigations. Fox reporting "The Georgia Department of Public Safety said in a statement that Thompson was terminated due to his “negligence or inefficiency in performing assigned duties; or commission of a felony.”
Lawyer for the family says: "The GBI and now the FBI who have launched a separate civil rights investigation have done what was right at this stage. I rarely get to say that."
Georgia State Patrol trooper charged with murder after shooting a Black man

All this, since Friday night. Man, I am getting tired of reading these stories. Cops need to get a grip and people need to put their hands up and comply right off the bat, as some people will shoot you with little or not hesitation.

Apparently, there is more going on here than meets the eye, possibly more than the unusual move of a pit maneuver to stop somebody with a tail light out and then shooting him in the head while still in the car unarmed. The trooper was fired (another unusual move) and the Georgia Bureau of investigation and the FBI have launched separate civil rights investigations. Fox reporting "The Georgia Department of Public Safety said in a statement that Thompson was terminated due to his “negligence or inefficiency in performing assigned duties; or commission of a felony.”
Lawyer for the family says: "The GBI and now the FBI who have launched a separate civil rights investigation have done what was right at this stage. I rarely get to say that."
Georgia State Patrol trooper charged with murder after shooting a Black man

All this, since Friday night. Man, I am getting tired of reading these stories. Cops need to get a grip and people need to put their hands up and comply right off the bat, as some people will shoot you with little or not hesitation.

But they are now slowly being held accountable. While your point is taken the cops better start reconsidering their actions also.

I agree times are changing. Eventually no one in their right mind will want to be a LEO. Then, all cities and towns will only be able to hire people as security guards. And they won't be minimum wage jobs.

I agree times are changing. Eventually no one in their right mind will want to be a LEO. Then, all cities and towns will only be able to hire people as security guards. And they won't be minimum wage jobs.

Que Sera Sera.

Pretty unlikely the Georgia Department of safety recommends or OKs pit maneuver to stop people at night over a tail light out, either.

Reading through comments on a local station report Jacob Gordon Thompson was KKK and had been targeting blacks. I suppose it will or should all come out in the trial.

I would hate to be a police officer today as they are also being targeted. I am sure that puts many of them on edge so people just need to be cautious and the ones that won't listen and look like a true threat like the kid with the gun refusing the order to stand down when told to by the officer are taking a chance on their own life.

Hope he is acquitted.

Forum List

Back