Georgia State Trooper denied bail for Line of Duty shooting.

In an unprecedented move a Magistrate Judge has denied bail on State Trooper Jacob Gordon Thompson who is accused of murdering Julian Lewis.

Now this is exceptionally odd. In nearly every other case the LEO is granted bail or released on their own recognizance.

This took place in Screven County. This is not a major city. Nor a minor one. It is essentially a rural area.

The times, they are a changing. And for LEO’s this is going to be a big and unpleasant shock.
Hope he is acquitted.

OK. Why? Because he is a cop? Other cops think he was way out of line. Because he is White? That path leads to ruination I do not want for anyone or any nation. Especially my own.

"I feared for my life" is no longer working especially where video is involved.

I don't support prison violence but I can't imagine his time in jail is going to be all that great for him. My guess is his lies is what caused the judge to deny bail.

A couple years ago the News in Atlanta reviewed the Police Shootings. They found that about half of the people shot by Police were unarmed or shot in the back. Half.

Seeing the big picture shocked people. Well most people. Some of those folks, like some on the board, can not imagine a situation where you wouldn’t shoot a guy. Especially a Black.

Seeing the big picture shocked the people and they started to really look at the I was afeared for my life claims. Investigations into the police shootings are now done with a more critical eye. Two years ago this would have been written off as Justified after a few months of “investigation”.

As I said. The times are a changing.

I agree times are changing. Eventually no one in their right mind will want to be a LEO. Then, all cities and towns will only be able to hire people as security guards. And they won't be minimum wage jobs.
Reading through comments on a local station report Jacob Gordon Thompson was KKK and had been targeting blacks. I suppose it will or should all come out in the trial.

I would hate to be a police officer today as they are also being targeted. I am sure that puts many of them on edge so people just need to be cautious and the ones that won't listen and look like a true threat like the kid with the gun refusing the order to stand down when told to by the officer are taking a chance on their own life.

The big problem is that police have spent so much time covering for each other and manipulating the truth that now people are viewing them with mistrust. Well earned by their own actions I might add.

The Blue Wall of Silence is cracked and starting to shatter. As we saw in California with the defeat of the reform effort the Cops still have some sway. But that sway is weaker now than it has been since the 1970’s.

"I feared for my life" is no longer working especially where video is involved.

I don't support prison violence but I can't imagine his time in jail is going to be all that great for him. My guess is his lies is what caused the judge to deny bail.

A couple years ago the News in Atlanta reviewed the Police Shootings. They found that about half of the people shot by Police were unarmed or shot in the back. Half.

Seeing the big picture shocked people. Well most people. Some of those folks, like some on the board, can not imagine a situation where you wouldn’t shoot a guy. Especially a Black.

Seeing the big picture shocked the people and they started to really look at the I was afeared for my life claims. Investigations into the police shootings are now done with a more critical eye. Two years ago this would have been written off as Justified after a few months of “investigation”.

As I said. The times are a changing.

I agree times are changing. Eventually no one in their right mind will want to be a LEO. Then, all cities and towns will only be able to hire people as security guards. And they won't be minimum wage jobs.
No one will want to be an LEO if they can`t murder blacks? I have a higher regard for police than you do.

This type of Police persecution is going to have the long term result of America being MUCH more dangerous.
Think Brazil. This is what the left craves for America.

Not as much shock as people will be in when they are facing a home invasion and 4 armed violent felons are in the house and 911 has a recording
telling you to "leave a message"

Worse yet, if dims gain power, they will take away your self defense.
So...it is ok for police to shoot ab60 yr old man for a busted tail light? That is what Repubs are saying?

Even noting it all........a busted tail light and fleeing. It's not an excuse to kill a person. The busted tail light was little more than an excuse for a fishing expedition at that. That's why people are arguing to take this kind of enforcement away from armed police.
Those are things where I feel reform is needed.
But why not many years ago? Why now?

This type of Police persecution is going to have the long term result of America being MUCH more dangerous.

Not as much shock as people will be in when they are facing a home invasion and 4 armed violent felons are in the house and 911 has a recording

So...it is ok for police to shoot ab60 yr old man for a busted tail light? That is what Repubs are saying?

Even noting it all........a busted tail light and fleeing. It's not an excuse to kill a person. The busted tail light was little more than an excuse for a fishing expedition at that. That's why people are arguing to take this kind of enforcement away from armed police.

The change has been video. People have been making these same complaints for years but they were dismissed. The police were sided with no matter what. Video has changed that.

The change has been video. People have been making these same complaints for years but they were dismissed. The police were sided with no matter what. Video has changed that.
Keep in mind that audio and video can be abused by people. Surveillance is growing massively in everything we do. Our flaws exposed for others derogatory responses. Professional people doing have no excuse. Just like the cops that are bad. People not trained but having access to it and ruing others are just no good.

Just to note that I agree reform is needed where problems exist ... many many police departments are way ahead on this curve and run their affairs in an honest and lawful way ... we need to focus our anger and rage at these corrupt departments ... like Minneapolis ...

Keep in mind that audio and video can be abused by people. Surveillance is growing massively in everything we do. Our flaws exposed for others derogatory responses. Professional people doing have no excuse. Just like the cops that are bad. People not trained but having access to it and ruing others are just no good.

It can be. It has been. We aren't going to get rid of it. People can no longer lie when we have video available.

He was certainly a danger to the late Mr. Lewis. 60 years old and had a busted tail light. Wow.
The dead black guy refused to stop

its the same story over and over

when will medical science come up with a vaccine for the black brain fart disease?

He was certainly a danger to the late Mr. Lewis. 60 years old and had a busted tail light. Wow.

when will medical science come up with a vaccine for the black brain fart disease?

Is this the same disease that caused Trump to rip off students?

It's all in the eyes. Always.

31968664-8703461-Jacob_G_Thompson_27_was_charged_with_felony_murder_and_aggravate-m-2_1599409122131.jpg

wire-32824012-1599344968-680_634x951.jpg

Thats off topic

but understandable since you have such a weak case on the topic WE ARE discussing

If they are not just stupid, then black people must have some sort of brain disease thst causes them to defy police authority

But now the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction. Now if the bullet is not enroute to the officers head from the perp people say the cop used unjustified deadly force.

The happy medium is between "always justified in shooting" and "Never justified in shooting."

Did you read the article?

I read the article ... nowhere does it say the 60 yo had a weapon in hand threatening the police officer ... if true, then this is cold-blooded murder ... why are you defending this? ... oh, right, Republican ...

Very true. But, in fact, does not convey by society the right to wield the power for society to shoot someone down for the infraction. We do not assume them all to be wise enough, worthy to exact that kind of penalty on the side of the street.

I read the article ... nowhere does it say the 60 yo had a weapon in hand threatening the police officer ... if true, then this is cold-blooded murder ... why are you defending this? ... oh, right, Republican ...
A vehicle is a deadly weapon. The article specifically states the deceased had his hands on the wheel and was pushing the accelerator.

Why are you 100% factually wrong?

Oh yeah...because you're a leftist.

"What Constitutes a Deadly Weapon?"

Last edited:
Thats off topic

but understandable since you have such a weak case on the topic WE ARE discussing

If they are not just stupid, then black people must have some sort of brain disease thst causes them to defy police authority

It's not off topic. Just because Trump's crimes take another venue doesn't make them any more defendable.

Yup.

Forum List

Back