Georgia State Trooper denied bail for Line of Duty shooting.

Do they police have some sort of disease that causes them to murder an unarmed black man who is no threat to them.
Should the police officer just allow citizens to drive away when he attempts to stop them for a traffic law offense?

I dont think so

this black guy is dead because of his own stupidity

This guy is dead because a police officer put a bullet in his head.

The man's car was in a ditch
Do you base that on a photograph?

no one claims the car was immobilized

" The car refused to stop and led the trooper on a brief chase down several county roads. The trooper initiated a Precision Intervention Technique (PIT) and the car came to a stop in the ditch. The trooper fired one round, striking Julian Edward Roosevelt Lewis, age 60. Lewis was pronounced deceased on scene,” the GBI statement says.

In a GSP incident report, Thompson wrote that he drew his weapon as he got out of his patrol car because he was concerned about his safety.

“It appeared to me that the violator was trying to use his vehicle to injure me,” Thompson wrote. “Being in fear for my life and safety, I discharged my weapon once.” Thompson’s report also states that he unsuccessfully tried to help Lewis.

How could the man use his car as a weapon if it was stuck in a ditch? Explain.

So...it is ok for police to shoot ab60 yr old man for a busted tail light? That is what Repubs are saying?
Did you read the article?

I read the article ... nowhere does it say the 60 yo had a weapon in hand threatening the police officer ... if true, then this is cold-blooded murder ... why are you defending this? ... oh, right, Republican ...
A vehicle is a deadly weapon. The article specifically states the deceased had his hands on the wheel and was pushing the accelerator.

Why are you 100% factually wrong?

Oh yeah...because you're a leftist.

"What Constitutes a Deadly Weapon?"

Very weak.

The OFFICER claims that...the ARTICLE states what officer said.

Beyond that, the man was trying to flee, was unarmed, no history of violent altercations, all this for a busted tail light.

The man had been forced into a ditch and was stuck. The officer had a car to retreat to. There was no excuse for this.
Weak that I take into account the officers statement?

If you flee the police, you are a criminal. If you get shot that's your fault. You put the officer in that position.

Had this guy not run...he would be alive today.

Lights and sirens, police orders, a miles long chase, a PIT maneuver...and this guy still wasn't ready to surrender?

When I was in the Army, we trained to always clear a building from the top down. You know why? The enemy is most dangerous when out of options.

So here is this officer...alone...in the middle of nowhere...and according to his statement...after all that has happened, the guy tries to running him over!

Why should the officer retreat???

I don't give a damn what race, creed, color or religion (or lack thereof)...the world is a better place without him.

How many people could he have killed at 65mph on dirt roads?

You folks are just too soft.

So...it is ok for police to shoot ab60 yr old man for a busted tail light? That is what Repubs are saying?

I read the article ... nowhere does it say the 60 yo had a weapon in hand threatening the police officer ... if true, then this is cold-blooded murder ... why are you defending this? ... oh, right, Republican ...
A vehicle is a deadly weapon. The article specifically states the deceased had his hands on the wheel and was pushing the accelerator.

Very weak.

Beyond that, the man was trying to flee, was unarmed, no history of violent altercations, all this for a busted tail light.

The man had been forced into a ditch and was stuck. The officer had a car to retreat to. There was no excuse for this.

If you flee the police, you are a criminal. If you get shot that's your fault. You put the officer in that position.

Lights and sirens, police orders, a miles long chase, a PIT maneuver...and this guy still wasn't ready to surrender?

When I was in the Army, we trained to always clear a building from the top down. You know why? The enemy is most dangerous when out of options.

So here is this officer...alone...in the middle of nowhere...and according to his statement...after all that has happened, the guy tries to running him over!

I don't give a damn what race, creed, color or religion (or lack thereof)...the world is a better place without him.

So the fact that the man's car was stuck in a ditch really doesn't matter, just put a bullet in his head and that's ok.

The man's car was in a ditch
Do you base that on a photograph?

no one claims the car was immobilized

First Rule of Holes - When you're in one, stop digging! :rolleyes:

7MBTMTBMSBGXBFWGYNGEAD4RSU.png

Very weak.

I totally disagree.

It isn’t too soft. Even looking at the officers statement, he was moving the steering wheel back and forth (while stuck in a ditch) it is a WEAK justification.

The police police civilians. The army does not. It is not used against citizens. The two are not comparable in how they operate because citizens are not and should not be regarded as enemy combatants. They have rights.

The man was stuck in a DITCH, can’t go 65mph in a ditch. And again, options. He could have shot the tires.

What you seem to be doing is giving police a almost unlimited right to kill and a almost unlimited definition of “self defense”.

This man was not a violent offender, no b
violent record on him, no history of violence, well regarded in his community.

Prove that the car was stuck in a ditch

The trooper performed a PIT (Precision Intervention Technique) and the car stopped after running into a ditch.

Very weak.

I totally disagree.

It isn’t too soft. Even looking at the officers statement, he was moving the steering wheel back and forth (while stuck in a ditch) it is a WEAK justification.

The police police civilians. The army does not. It is not used against citizens. The two are not comparable in how they operate because citizens are not and should not be regarded as enemy combatants. They have rights.

The man was stuck in a DITCH, can’t go 65mph in a ditch. And again, options. He could have shot the tires.

What you seem to be doing is giving police a almost unlimited right to kill and a almost unlimited definition of “self defense”.

This man was not a violent offender, no b
violent record on him, no history of violence, well regarded in his community.
are you ok with the police enforcing laws?

if so then you and the black guy HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON!

because he did not think the cop had any authority to stop him

Prove that the car was stuck in a ditch

I guess you failed to read this the first time.

" The car refused to stop and led the trooper on a brief chase down several county roads. The trooper initiated a Precision Intervention Technique (PIT) and the car came to a stop in the ditch. The trooper fired one round, striking Julian Edward Roosevelt Lewis, age 60. Lewis was pronounced deceased on scene,” the GBI statement says.

Forum List

Back