Georgia State Trooper denied bail for Line of Duty shooting.

In an unprecedented move a Magistrate Judge has denied bail on State Trooper Jacob Gordon Thompson who is accused of murdering Julian Lewis.

Now this is exceptionally odd. In nearly every other case the LEO is granted bail or released on their own recognizance.

This took place in Screven County. This is not a major city. Nor a minor one. It is essentially a rural area.

The times, they are a changing. And for LEO’s this is going to be a big and unpleasant shock.
the liberal scum are in a all out war on Law Enforcement, they should get what they deserve, a miserable end

And someone could expect the authorities in a Rural County to agree. And they do not. Hmmmm.

In an unprecedented move a Magistrate Judge has denied bail on State Trooper Jacob Gordon Thompson who is accused of murdering Julian Lewis.

Now this is exceptionally odd. In nearly every other case the LEO is granted bail or released on their own recognizance.

This took place in Screven County. This is not a major city. Nor a minor one. It is essentially a rural area.

The times, they are a changing. And for LEO’s this is going to be a big and unpleasant shock.
Line of duty? Broken tail lights are now a capital offense?

Wasn't the line of duty, he was pissed and killed the guy.

So...it is ok for police to shoot ab60 yr old man for a busted tail light? That is what Repubs are saying?
Did you read the article?

I read the article ... nowhere does it say the 60 yo had a weapon in hand threatening the police officer ... if true, then this is cold-blooded murder ... why are you defending this? ... oh, right, Republican ...
A vehicle is a deadly weapon. The article specifically states the deceased had his hands on the wheel and was pushing the accelerator.

Why are you 100% factually wrong?

Oh yeah...because you're a leftist.

"What Constitutes a Deadly Weapon?"

Very weak.

The OFFICER claims that...the ARTICLE states what officer said.

Beyond that, the man was trying to flee, was unarmed, no history of violent altercations, all this for a busted tail light.

The man had been forced into a ditch and was stuck. The officer had a car to retreat to. There was no excuse for this.
Weak that I take into account the officers statement?

If you flee the police, you are a criminal. If you get shot that's your fault. You put the officer in that position.

Had this guy not run...he would be alive today.

Lights and sirens, police orders, a miles long chase, a PIT maneuver...and this guy still wasn't ready to surrender?

When I was in the Army, we trained to always clear a building from the top down. You know why? The enemy is most dangerous when out of options.

So here is this officer...alone...in the middle of nowhere...and according to his statement...after all that has happened, the guy tries to running him over!

Why should the officer retreat???

I don't give a damn what race, creed, color or religion (or lack thereof)...the world is a better place without him.

How many people could he have killed at 65mph on dirt roads?

You folks are just too soft.

I totally disagree.

It isn’t too soft. Even looking at the officers statement, he was moving the steering wheel back and forth (while stuck in a ditch) it is a WEAK justification.

The police police civilians. The army does not. It is not used against citizens. The two are not comparable in how they operate because citizens are not and should not be regarded as enemy combatants. They have rights.

The man was stuck in a DITCH, can’t go 65mph in a ditch. And again, options. He could have shot the tires.

What you seem to be doing is giving police a almost unlimited right to kill and a almost unlimited definition of “self defense”.

This man was not a violent offender, no b
violent record on him, no history of violence, well regarded in his community.

They DON'T have a right to flee!

They DON'T have a right to flee at high speed on country roads putting the community at risk!

They DON'T have a right to put the officers life at risk!

They DON'T have a right to use their vehicle as a weapon!

People like you enable criminals.

Everyone wants their rights...but no one wants to live up to their responsibilities.

This criminal had a responsibility to pull over.

He had a responsibility not to put the community...innocent lives...at risk engaging in a high speed pursuit.

He has a responsibility to surrender after being PITed...not engage is attempted homicide of a police officer.

Democrats are ALWAYS on the side of the criminals....never the law.

Bottom line. DON'T RUN FROM THE POLICE!

So...it is ok for police to shoot ab60 yr old man for a busted tail light? That is what Repubs are saying?

I read the article ... nowhere does it say the 60 yo had a weapon in hand threatening the police officer ... if true, then this is cold-blooded murder ... why are you defending this? ... oh, right, Republican ...
A vehicle is a deadly weapon. The article specifically states the deceased had his hands on the wheel and was pushing the accelerator.

Very weak.

Beyond that, the man was trying to flee, was unarmed, no history of violent altercations, all this for a busted tail light.

The man had been forced into a ditch and was stuck. The officer had a car to retreat to. There was no excuse for this.

If you flee the police, you are a criminal. If you get shot that's your fault. You put the officer in that position.

Lights and sirens, police orders, a miles long chase, a PIT maneuver...and this guy still wasn't ready to surrender?

When I was in the Army, we trained to always clear a building from the top down. You know why? The enemy is most dangerous when out of options.

So here is this officer...alone...in the middle of nowhere...and according to his statement...after all that has happened, the guy tries to running him over!

I don't give a damn what race, creed, color or religion (or lack thereof)...the world is a better place without him.

Again. This took place in a Rural County. Let me explain it for you. If you wanted to get away from it all. Where it has not been. And where it is never going to go. Screven County is the destination for you.

Now the Conservatives call that home. It is the epitome of Country Boy can Survive. But they do not think this was justified in the least.

I want you all to understand. When Bush held the G-6 in Georgia. The Protesters announced they were marching down a two lane road to the location. The cops shrugged and said have a good time. Two miles down the road in Georgia heat the Protesters sat down and asked to be arrested. With Humidity and heat they were desperate for the Air Conditioned comfort of the Bus.

If BLM or ANTIFA showed up protesting In Screven County everyone would shrug and wait. Eventually the heat would get them. I live in Rural Georgia and it takes time to get acclimated to.

My point is they are not afraid of BLM or ANTIFA. So blaming those groups for scaring the Rural Folks of Georgia is laughable. What that tells the rest of us who are Rural is that cop screwed the hell up. We know how far away help is. For me it is at least 20 minutes. That is if the closest stationed Ambulance is not tied up. It is an hour for the next closest.

We know that. We understand that help for the cop is going to be five or ten minutes. It is why no one else was there when he reported the pursuit. We also know there really isn’t anything to run into on those back roads. When a car ends up in the ditch they can’t get out on their own. The ditches are deep for the hard rains. A UPS truck got stuck in one right in front of my house and had to be pulled out. We keep ropes and straps to help a neighbor if they get stuck.

Now with all that in mind how bad does the shooting have to be for those folks to say it was wrong? It would have to be so far beyond the pale that the people see it as an execution. And here is the thing. A Century ago there may have been such things in Screven County. But they are not going to tolerate it today.

What that tells the rest of us who are Rural is that cop screwed the hell up. We know how far away help is. For me it is at least 20 minutes. That is if the closest stationed Ambulance is not tied up. It is an hour for the next closest.

We know that. We understand that help for the cop is going to be five or ten minutes. It is why no one else was there when he reported the pursuit

You're making my point.

I have no idea where the BLM/ANTIFA stuff came from...perhaps that was not addressed to me.

I know rural...I drive those dirt backroads all the time. But the roads are there because people live there...they drive their families on those roads. A fleeing criminal running 65mph from the police on those roads puts the community at risk...and the ambulance is just as far away for them and the officer...who is alone. If he gets run down, who is goong to call it in. How long until help arrives.

Can the cop just let them go? NO. For all the Officer knows, the criminal is running because there is someones kid in the trunk.

I'm sorry, but it doesn't bother me a whit or a tiddle that this guy is dead.

If a cop guns someone down for calling them an asshole...put the in prison.

If an officer kills a guy that has put innocent people at risk by running from the police and the office believea he intends to harm him to get away...I'm not shedding a single tear.

What that tells the rest of us who are Rural is that cop screwed the hell up. We know how far away help is. For me it is at least 20 minutes. That is if the closest stationed Ambulance is not tied up. It is an hour for the next closest.

We know that. We understand that help for the cop is going to be five or ten minutes. It is why no one else was there when he reported the pursuit

You're making my point.

I have no idea where the BLM/ANTIFA stuff came from...perhaps that was not addressed to me.

I know rural...I drive those dirt backroads all the time. But the roads are there because people live there...they drive their families on those roads. A fleeing criminal running 65mph from the police on those roads puts the community at risk...and the ambulance is just as far away for them and the officer...who is alone. If he gets run down, who is goong to call it in. How long until help arrives.

Can the cop just let them go? NO. For all the Officer knows, the criminal is running because there is someones kid in the trunk.

I'm sorry, but it doesn't bother me a whit or a tiddle that this guy is dead.

If a cop guns someone down for calling them an asshole...put the in prison.

If an officer kills a guy that has put innocent people at risk by running from the police and the office believea he intends to harm him to get away...I'm not shedding a single tear.

I bet the cop is about ready to shed some tears.

"I feared for my life" is no longer working especially where video is involved.

I don't support prison violence but I can't imagine his time in jail is going to be all that great for him. My guess is his lies is what caused the judge to deny bail.

A couple years ago the News in Atlanta reviewed the Police Shootings. They found that about half of the people shot by Police were unarmed or shot in the back. Half.

Seeing the big picture shocked people. Well most people. Some of those folks, like some on the board, can not imagine a situation where you wouldn’t shoot a guy. Especially a Black.

Seeing the big picture shocked the people and they started to really look at the I was afeared for my life claims. Investigations into the police shootings are now done with a more critical eye. Two years ago this would have been written off as Justified after a few months of “investigation”.

As I said. The times are a changing.

I agree times are changing. Eventually no one in their right mind will want to be a LEO. Then, all cities and towns will only be able to hire people as security guards. And they won't be minimum wage jobs.
No one will want to be an LEO if they can`t murder blacks? I have a higher regard for police than you do.
You said it, not me, Chicken Lips.

The Trooper was on duty when it happened. We n Georgia that gives the cop a lot of deference while investigating the incident.

The Trooper was on duty when it happened. We n Georgia that gives the cop a lot of deference while investigating the incident.
The time for reference has passed. Time for rogue cops to pay the piper.

The black guy refused to pull over then tried to kill him by ramming his car into him
Wtf
Soon we will have zero cops

Very weak.

I totally disagree.

It isn’t too soft. Even looking at the officers statement, he was moving the steering wheel back and forth (while stuck in a ditch) it is a WEAK justification.

The police police civilians. The army does not. It is not used against citizens. The two are not comparable in how they operate because citizens are not and should not be regarded as enemy combatants. They have rights.

The man was stuck in a DITCH, can’t go 65mph in a ditch. And again, options. He could have shot the tires.

What you seem to be doing is giving police a almost unlimited right to kill and a almost unlimited definition of “self defense”.

This man was not a violent offender, no b
violent record on him, no history of violence, well regarded in his community.

They DON'T have a right to flee!

They DON'T have a right to flee at high speed on country roads putting the community at risk!

They DON'T have a right to put the officers life at risk!

They DON'T have a right to use their vehicle as a weapon!

People like you enable criminals.

Everyone wants their rights...but no one wants to live up to their responsibilities.

This criminal had a responsibility to pull over.

He had a responsibility not to put the community...innocent lives...at risk engaging in a high speed pursuit.

He has a responsibility to surrender after being PITed...not engage is attempted homicide of a police officer.

Democrats are ALWAYS on the side of the criminals....never the law.

Bottom line. DON'T RUN FROM THE POLICE!

Running from the police is not an automatic death sentence. Acknowledging that is NOT promoting criminality.

This man was not a dangerlus criminal!

The GBI disagree. The Prosecutor from one of the most Rural Counties in the state disagrees. The Judge elected by that Rural County with a Population of less than 15k disagrees. Me thinks you are outnumbered.
In todays wacky world ruled by social justice warriors its every government worker for himself

I still see no ditch as claimed and no reasonable explanation for resisting arrest or not signing a ticket over a broken taillight

The GBI disagree. The Prosecutor from one of the most Rural Counties in the state disagrees. The Judge elected by that Rural County with a Population of less than 15k disagrees. Me thinks you are outnumbered.
In todays wacky world ruled by social justice warriors its every government worker for himself

I still see no ditch as claimed and no reasonable explanation for resisting arrest or not signing a ticket over a broken taillight
Quibbling over a ditch is ridiculous. Ditches can be shallow or...in WV...axel breakers. It really doesn’t matter. The man should not have been shot.

I bet the cop is about ready to shed some tears.

Yep. He's out there putting his life on the line for seven years, and this is the thanks he gets.

I'll shed a tear for that too.

I don’t feel too sorry for him when there is a dead man who’s life he ended.

Not a felon. Not a violent man.

Quibbling over a ditch is ridiculous.
It matters

your whole jumping to conclusions is based on the idea that the crazy black guy was harmless because allegedly his car was hopelessly stuck in a ditch

but I see no ditch

Georgia ditches fill with weeds in a few days. Everything grows here.

Forum List

Back