Georgia State Trooper denied bail for Line of Duty shooting.

This type of Police persecution is going to have the long term result of America being MUCH more dangerous.
Think Brazil. This is what the left craves for America.

Not as much shock as people will be in when they are facing a home invasion and 4 armed violent felons are in the house and 911 has a recording
telling you to "leave a message"

Worse yet, if dims gain power, they will take away your self defense.

Again. This is Screven County. Population of less than 15k.

They vote Republican. The biggest city is Sylvania. It is famous for basically a small airport popular with private pilots. It is literally nowhere. No Control Tower just Unicom. So blaming the Democrats for it is kind of silly.

If BLM held a protest nobody would know because basically five people would see it.
Heaven's Landing? I thought that was in Clayton.

This type of Police persecution is going to have the long term result of America being MUCH more dangerous.
Think Brazil. This is what the left craves for America.

Not as much shock as people will be in when they are facing a home invasion and 4 armed violent felons are in the house and 911 has a recording
telling you to "leave a message"

Worse yet, if dims gain power, they will take away your self defense.
The long term result is that policing will be better.

So...it is ok for police to shoot ab60 yr old man for a busted tail light? That is what Repubs are saying?
Did you read the article?

I read the article ... nowhere does it say the 60 yo had a weapon in hand threatening the police officer ... if true, then this is cold-blooded murder ... why are you defending this? ... oh, right, Republican ...
A vehicle is a deadly weapon. The article specifically states the deceased had his hands on the wheel and was pushing the accelerator.

Why are you 100% factually wrong?

Oh yeah...because you're a leftist.

"What Constitutes a Deadly Weapon?"

Very weak.

The OFFICER claims that...the ARTICLE states what officer said.

Beyond that, the man was trying to flee, was unarmed, no history of violent altercations, all this for a busted tail light.

The man had been forced into a ditch and was stuck. The officer had a car to retreat to. There was no excuse for this.
Weak that I take into account the officers statement?

If you flee the police, you are a criminal. If you get shot that's your fault. You put the officer in that position.

Had this guy not run...he would be alive today.

Lights and sirens, police orders, a miles long chase, a PIT maneuver...and this guy still wasn't ready to surrender?

When I was in the Army, we trained to always clear a building from the top down. You know why? The enemy is most dangerous when out of options.

So here is this officer...alone...in the middle of nowhere...and according to his statement...after all that has happened, the guy tries to running him over!

Why should the officer retreat???

I don't give a damn what race, creed, color or religion (or lack thereof)...the world is a better place without him.

How many people could he have killed at 65mph on dirt roads?

You folks are just too soft.

I totally disagree.

It isn’t too soft. Even looking at the officers statement, he was moving the steering wheel back and forth (while stuck in a ditch) it is a WEAK justification.

The police police civilians. The army does not. It is not used against citizens. The two are not comparable in how they operate because citizens are not and should not be regarded as enemy combatants. They have rights.

The man was stuck in a DITCH, can’t go 65mph in a ditch. And again, options. He could have shot the tires.

What you seem to be doing is giving police a almost unlimited right to kill and a almost unlimited definition of “self defense”.

This man was not a violent offender, no b
violent record on him, no history of violence, well regarded in his community.
are you ok with the police enforcing laws?

if so then you and the black guy HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON!

because he did not think the cop had any authority to stop him

Again, disagree.

Of course I agree with police enforcing the laws. But that is not an unlimited right to use means necessary to enforce. If you believe that, then essentially, aren’t you supporting a police state?

Some one with a busted tailight doesn’t pull over. I am sure they ran the plates, realized this wasn’t some violent felon.

They force him off the road. I am still ok with it up to that point IF he was indeed going 65mph.

He ends up shot in the head.

I am NOT ok with that. Excessive force in a situation that did not require. This is the kind of officer and shooting that gives cops a badname and give cause to the demonstrations.

and the car stopped after running into a ditch.
What ditch?.

I dont see a ditch

So the trooper lied. Looks like he off the road into deep brush. Either way he was no threat to the officer who’s vehicle would have been blocking him.

Again. He had multiple option. He chose to shoot the man in the head over what was ultimately abroken tail light.

According to the officers statement he ran him into a ditch.
I have not read the officers statement

have you?

probably not

you are just quoting the lib reporters words

It is in quotes.

According to a GBI statement dated Aug. 8, Thompson was on duty when he attempted to stop a Nissan Sentra for a traffic-related offense on Screven County’s Stoney Pond Road.

“The car refused to stop and led the trooper on a brief chase down several county roads. The trooper initiated a Precision Intervention Technique (PIT) and the car came to a stop in the ditch. The trooper fired one round, striking Julian Edward Roosevelt Lewis, age 60. Lewis was pronounced deceased on scene,” the GBI statement says.

So the trooper lied. Looks like he off the road into deep brush. Either way he was no threat to the officer who’s vehicle would have been blocking him.
I dont know who lied

I asked if you read the troopers actual statement or are you just repeating the reporters words?

But looking at video of the exact spot there is no ditch that would immobilize a car

and it still makes no sense to me why the black guy would risk a $5,000 fine and one year in jail over a broken taillight

is there something in the water that black people drink that causes them to be so irrational?

Do they police have some sort of disease that causes them to murder an unarmed black man who is no threat to them.
Should the police officer just allow citizens to drive away when he attempts to stop them for a traffic law offense?

I dont think so

this black guy is dead because of his own stupidity

Nope.

So his only option was to shoot him?
I dont know who lied

I asked if you read the troopers actual statement or are you just repeating the reporters words?

But looking at video of the exact spot there is no ditch that would immobilize a car

and it still makes no sense to me why the black guy would risk a $5,000 fine and one year in jail over a broken taillight

is there something in the water that black people drink that causes them to be so irrational?

seems to me that we are handicapped by a LACK OF INFORMATION

The man's car was in a ditch
Do you base that on a photograph?

no one claims the car was immobilized

First Rule of Holes - When you're in one, stop digging! :rolleyes:

7MBTMTBMSBGXBFWGYNGEAD4RSU.png
Justice should be what you are typing. Vengeance is not going to bring that man's life back. Most other cultures do not tolerate this behavior by citizens. The police officer could be a number of other things besides a racist.

Justice should be what you are typing. Vengeance is not going to bring that man's life back. Most other cultures do not tolerate this behavior by citizens. The police officer could be a number of other things besides a racist.

Nah, he's a racist with a history. HARD STOP

Do they police have some sort of disease that causes them to murder an unarmed black man who is no threat to them.
Should the police officer just allow citizens to drive away when he attempts to stop them for a traffic law offense?

I dont think so

Nope.

So his only option was to shoot him?
I dont know who lied

seems to me that we are handicapped by a LACK OF INFORMATION

Are we or do we just want to ignore the information we were given.

In an unprecedented move a Magistrate Judge has denied bail on State Trooper Jacob Gordon Thompson who is accused of murdering Julian Lewis.

Now this is exceptionally odd. In nearly every other case the LEO is granted bail or released on their own recognizance.

This took place in Screven County. This is not a major city. Nor a minor one. It is essentially a rural area.

The times, they are a changing. And for LEO’s this is going to be a big and unpleasant shock.
the liberal scum are in a all out war on Law Enforcement, they should get what they deserve, a miserable end

I dont think so

The GBI disagree. The Prosecutor from one of the most Rural Counties in the state disagrees. The Judge elected by that Rural County with a Population of less than 15k disagrees. Me thinks you are outnumbered.

Forum List

Back