Georgia State Trooper denied bail for Line of Duty shooting.

This type of Police persecution is going to have the long term result of America being MUCH more dangerous.
Think Brazil. This is what the left craves for America.

Not as much shock as people will be in when they are facing a home invasion and 4 armed violent felons are in the house and 911 has a recording
telling you to "leave a message"

Worse yet, if dims gain power, they will take away your self defense.
So...it is ok for police to shoot ab60 yr old man for a busted tail light? That is what Repubs are saying?

Even noting it all........a busted tail light and fleeing. It's not an excuse to kill a person. The busted tail light was little more than an excuse for a fishing expedition at that. That's why people are arguing to take this kind of enforcement away from armed police.
Those are things where I feel reform is needed.
But why not many years ago? Why now?

The change has been video. People have been making these same complaints for years but they were dismissed. The police were sided with no matter what. Video has changed that.

But now the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction. Now if the bullet is not enroute to the officers head from the perp people say the cop used unjustified deadly force.

The happy medium is between "always justified in shooting" and "Never justified in shooting."

If it does that is the way things work. The facts are it hasn't swung far enough yet.

There's no excuse for this butthole to shoot a guy in the head as he was getting out of his car. Don't care if he was resisting arrest. The judge is correct - This punk cop isn't judge, jury and executioner.

So...it is ok for police to shoot ab60 yr old man for a busted tail light? That is what Repubs are saying?
Did you read the article?

I read the article ... nowhere does it say the 60 yo had a weapon in hand threatening the police officer ... if true, then this is cold-blooded murder ... why are you defending this? ... oh, right, Republican ...
A vehicle is a deadly weapon. The article specifically states the deceased had his hands on the wheel and was pushing the accelerator.

Why are you 100% factually wrong?

Oh yeah...because you're a leftist.

"What Constitutes a Deadly Weapon?"

Very weak.

The OFFICER claims that...the ARTICLE states what officer said.

Beyond that, the man was trying to flee, was unarmed, no history of violent altercations, all this for a busted tail light.

The man had been forced into a ditch and was stuck. The officer had a car to retreat to. There was no excuse for this.

"I feared for my life" is no longer working especially where video is involved.

I don't support prison violence but I can't imagine his time in jail is going to be all that great for him. My guess is his lies is what caused the judge to deny bail.

A couple years ago the News in Atlanta reviewed the Police Shootings. They found that about half of the people shot by Police were unarmed or shot in the back. Half.

Seeing the big picture shocked people. Well most people. Some of those folks, like some on the board, can not imagine a situation where you wouldn’t shoot a guy. Especially a Black.

Seeing the big picture shocked the people and they started to really look at the I was afeared for my life claims. Investigations into the police shootings are now done with a more critical eye. Two years ago this would have been written off as Justified after a few months of “investigation”.

As I said. The times are a changing.

I agree times are changing. Eventually no one in their right mind will want to be a LEO. Then, all cities and towns will only be able to hire people as security guards. And they won't be minimum wage jobs.

Why not? Is it because you may no longer have the green light to murder a black man and get away with it.

In an unprecedented move a Magistrate Judge has denied bail on State Trooper Jacob Gordon Thompson who is accused of murdering Julian Lewis.

Now this is exceptionally odd. In nearly every other case the LEO is granted bail or released on their own recognizance.

This took place in Screven County. This is not a major city. Nor a minor one. It is essentially a rural area.

The times, they are a changing. And for LEO’s this is going to be a big and unpleasant shock.
Hope he is acquitted.

Pretty sure you are.

He was certainly a danger to the late Mr. Lewis. 60 years old and had a busted tail light. Wow.
The dead black guy refused to stop

its the same story over and over

when will medical science come up with a vaccine for the black brain fart disease?

So if a guy doesn't follow every command, let me change that if a black man doesn't follow every order given by a police officer, you think it is ok to put a bullet in his head.

Is this the same disease that caused Trump to rip off students?
Thats off topic

but understandable since you have such a weak case on the topic WE ARE discussing

If they are not just stupid, then black people must have some sort of brain disease thst causes them to defy police authority

Do they police have some sort of disease that causes them to murder an unarmed black man who is no threat to them. Do they believe it is just acceptable for them to murder black folks with no repercussions.

So if a guy doesn't follow every command, let me change that if a black man doesn't follow every order given by a police officer, you think it is ok to put a bullet in his head.
I think refusing to stop is a serious offense

in georgia eluding a police officer carries a fine of up $5,000 and 12 months in jail

in georgia eluding a police officer carries a fine of up $5,000 and 12 months in jail

But not a bullet in the forhead.

Do they police have some sort of disease that causes them to murder an unarmed black man who is no threat to them.
Should the police officer just allow citizens to drive away when he attempts to stop them for a traffic law offense?

I dont think so

this black guy is dead because of his own stupidity

But not a bullet to the head.

There is something way wrong with the system if that is ok.

Do they police have some sort of disease that causes them to murder an unarmed black man who is no threat to them.
Should the police officer just allow citizens to drive away when he attempts to stop them for a traffic law offense?

I dont think so

this black guy is dead because of his own stupidity

Nope.

So his only option was to shoot him?

But not a bullet in the forhead.
the 3,000-4,000 lb car that the black guy was driving is a deadly weapon

That's some goofy nonsense right there. He wasn't trying to run the trooper over - only to get away.

So your argument is a ginormous ...

Fail-Stamp-300x265.jpg

But not a bullet to the head.
Is it ok for citizens to try and run over police officers over a broken taillight?

I dont think so

The guy was in a ditch. Stuck. Kinda hard to run some one over , and would certainly give the officer time to take cover behind his car, call for back up shoot out the tires, any number of things but instead he chose to puta bullet in his head.

I think you are really stretching it to justify this one.

Forum List

Back