Ginscpy's everlasting gobstopper Beatles thread - 69 threads combined!

And they owned Elvis and Ali also

Botj Elvis and Ali were decidededy 2nd bests in their meetingwith the Fab 4

Yup.

I recall hitchkiding with a chum of mine from my town to another with the hopes of scoring some catholic school girls and singing this song as the cars whizzed by us.

"Baby You Can Drive My Car" was another song I remember singing in those days.

Where and when I was raised, bad boys hanging out on street corners singing a capello was de rigor.

Even thugs like us appreciated four part harmony

freaking awesome.........................

from Meet TheBeatles in 64 (My old man coulndt tell them apart and I coulnd either) to Abbey Road (IsPaul Dead)

Couldnt be bothered with woodstocks........................

No-brainer

Fab 4 put Seattle back on the map with 2 concerts.................

Impossible to be that good..................................

But they did - in 8 freakings years

Body-of-work is mind-boggling......................................................................

if both John and George had lived?

and would you have wanted them to?

Apparently some comedian on SNL went on air and offered 5 or 10 thousand dollars to the Beatles if they played on the show.

The story goes that both Paul and John saw it, contemplated it, but of course never followed through.

Who really cares? They made their money. They made their fame. They could give a shit about the rest.

Who would you rather hook up with - Cynthnia or Yoko ??- John could have had his pick of th litter after the Beatles became huge.........................

Having listened to the Beatles my entire life, there was a time during the 90's that whenever a Beatles tune came on the radio I had to change stations, I was just sick of em!

But now I'm back to liking and appreciating them plus have a few Beatles tunes in my guitar practice list.

"Blackbird"
"Revolution #9"
"Rocky Raccoon"

Still working on "Here Comes the Sun".

I didnt think Pauls hook-upswere that great lookers either .

Would think he could have done better in his younger day days.

Of course now he is a Trophy Husband.

Well George lived til the 2000s, but the answer is still no.

I think the only one who would have been game with one would have been Ringo. I think George emerging as a 3rd great song-writer was the writing on the wall. John and Paul to a lesser extent didn't want to step over, or make room for George's songs (see the amazing album that is All Things Must Pass). John didn't even want While My Guitar Gently Weeps on the White Album, and George had to fight to get it on-and it's one of the strongest tracks on the record.

Yoko was just the icing on the cake-the thing that set it over the top. They would have broken up with or without her.

Forum List

Back