Giss, noaa and Hadcrut are on course to give 2014 the record

Ian, correct me if I'm wrong, but I can still find no link demonstrating the various points you've been attempting to make. That's a bit unlike you.

you can go back into the USMB archives if you want. I dont particularly care if people think I am right, and I am pretty sure no one here has ever changed their mind on anything substantial, so why should I bother?

do you doubt that I am correct on the general points of what I said? reckless hording of water in the dam, against regulations caused a disaster. I cannot 'prove' that fear of publicized climate change predictions was part of the decision to delay dumping water. to me it is a reasonable conclusion but as I said before, it could have been just incompetence.

Ian, correct me if I'm wrong, but I can still find no link demonstrating the various points you've been attempting to make. That's a bit unlike you.

you can go back into the USMB archives if you want. I dont particularly care if people think I am right, and I am pretty sure no one here has ever changed their mind on anything substantial, so why should I bother?

do you doubt that I am correct on the general points of what I said? reckless hording of water in the dam, against regulations caused a disaster. I cannot 'prove' that fear of publicized climate change predictions was part of the decision to delay dumping water. to me it is a reasonable conclusion but as I said before, it could have been just incompetence.
Ian, in California, they dumped water prior to this drought according to protocols. And took a lot of flack for that. No matter what the people that have control of this kind of thing do, if it turns out that they would have been better off to have done the opposite, they are going to catch a lot of flack.

Ian, in California, they dumped water prior to this drought according to protocols. And took a lot of flack for that. No matter what the people that have control of this kind of thing do, if it turns out that they would have been better off to have done the opposite, they are going to catch a lot of flack.

every public decision takes some flack from some sector. so what?

in the Australian case there were laws and regulations in place to keep the earthen dam and the people below it safe by setting a rated capacity. these regulations were ignored for weeks and when the La Nina conditions produced another rainfall event it produced an emergency where a flood was produced by opening all the sluice gates to save the dam, which came up to within inches of the emergency spillways. they may have been lucky that the dam remained intact. who decided to ignore the regulations? I dont know. was the spectre of 'permanent drought' a factor in that decision? I dont know for sure but it is hard to believe that there were no reasons for putting those people at risk. I think there were some fatalities but dont quote me on that. if it was your family member how would you feel? knowing that hoarding water caused all that destruction?

the current dam capacity used to be public access. it is no longer open to the public at the official website.

So you no longer feel the need to provide links or supporting material? We're just to take your word?

Uhh... no.

So you no longer feel the need to provide links or supporting material? We're just to take your word?

Uhh... no.

like I said, I dont care whether you or anyone else believes me. its public record.

when USMB changed this site it made it difficult to go back to certain dates. Jan 2011 is a hassle to get to, so I am not going to bother. old links, especially to items at odds with CAGW, seem to become difficult to find with search engines. I actually found a lot of information about this flood, the dam, the negligence in hoarding water, etc. one video was quite amazing, it showed the water rising in real time and sweeping cars away from a parking lot, like a mini-tsunami.

Just looked this up Ian

Drought in Australia - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Australia suffered a sever drought from 2003 till 2012 that was ended by heavy rains that began in the Spring of 2010. In 2013, a new drought began. I find nothing about AGW-related drought predictions causing governments to unwisely hold onto reservoirs in the face of severe storm predictions.

Once again the AGW cult uses weather as climate to make their case to defend their debunked religion..

Uhh... no.

Yes we are sti8ll waiting on the datasets with source code that proves CO2 drives climate.

Yet still not posted as of today by the AGW cult.

I am sure they think if they just link to something (that has nothing to do with what is asked) counts as posting "proof".

Uhh... no.

like I said, I dont care whether you or anyone else believes me. its public record.

when USMB changed this site it made it difficult to go back to certain dates. Jan 2011 is a hassle to get to, so I am not going to bother. old links, especially to items at odds with CAGW, seem to become difficult to find with search engines. I actually found a lot of information about this flood, the dam, the negligence in hoarding water, etc. one video was quite amazing, it showed the water rising in real time and sweeping cars away from a parking lot, like a mini-tsunami.

The AGW cult is incapable of searching real science, it is against their religion.

Forum List

Back