Global Warming Update

but....you just said we did nothing and now you know all about it?

There is no link between the banning of freon and the holes closing beyond timeline. Please give me the cause & effect if you propose otherwise.

Also, dinosaurs died off and mammals rose up. Did the mammals kill off the dinosaurs?

How do you know there is no link? 2 posts ago you said we didnt do anything to address the holes in the Ozone :lol: You got some catching up to do.

C'mon bro...Plus how do you know there were holes in the Ozone? Are you relying on science again? How? You keep saying science is wrong?

Yes, we did something, there is no proof that it worked. But what it did do is make airconditioners more expensive to buy and service and less efficient because of the new chemicals.

BTW, the chinese are still using freon and releasing it. Should we nuke them?

There is no link between the banning of freon and the holes closing beyond timeline. Please give me the cause & effect if you propose otherwise.

Also, dinosaurs died off and mammals rose up. Did the mammals kill off the dinosaurs?

How do you know there is no link? 2 posts ago you said we didnt do anything to address the holes in the Ozone :lol: You got some catching up to do.

C'mon bro...Plus how do you know there were holes in the Ozone? Are you relying on science again? How? You keep saying science is wrong?

Yes, we did something, there is no proof that it worked. But what it did do is make airconditioners more expensive to buy and service and less efficient because of the new chemicals.

Theres no proof what worked?

Yeah, remember when hair spray was banned because of ozone holes?

Somehow they forgot to ban asthma inhalers...

you claimed that banning freon closed the ozone holes. Can you prove it worked?

Ame®icano;9008304 said:

Yeah, remember when hair spray was banned because of ozone holes?

Somehow they forgot to ban asthma inhalers...

Ah, yes, the evil hairspray in aerosol cans. :eek::eek:

I dunno can you prove there were holes there in the first place? You seem to believe there were relying on science and scientists.

How do you believe that while telling everyone science isnt true?

How can you and Gramps believe science while saying you dont believe science? :D

I dunno can you prove there were holes there in the first place? You seem to believe there were relying on science and scientists.

How can you and Gramps believe science while saying you dont believe science? :D

I never said that I believed there were ozone holes, that man caused them, or that man fixed them. Real science includes both the hypothesis and the proof, all you have is an unproven theory and some bullshit that it can be fixed by throwing money at it.

but....you just said we did nothing and now you know all about it?

Because you can physically see the holes idiot. And we haven't done anything to fix them. Unless you believe the use of freon in SEALED units caused it. Give some verifiable proof dummy

I never said that I believed there were ozone holes, that man caused them, or that man fixed them. Real science includes both the hypothesis and the proof, all you have is an unproven theory and some bullshit that it can be fixed by throwing money at it.

So you dont believe it then?

Because you can physically see the holes idiot. And we haven't done anything to fix them. Unless you believe the use of freon in SEALED units caused it. Give some verifiable proof dummy

you can see ozone holes? Is that like how you "saw" the earth tilting on its "axis" every 10,000 years? Or are you jumping on the "science is real" side again?

you can see ozone holes? Is that like how you "saw" the earth tilting on its "axis" every 10,000 years? Or are you jumping on the "science is real" side again?

Photographs are science? If I take a picture of a donkeys ass and claim it's you is that science?

Sure, 1000 nukes going off at the same time would eliminate human life on earth, and all of the fallout would ------------------- yee haa, change the climate for a few thousand years-----------so yes, man could change the climate of our planet-----------you win.

BUT, burning oil, coal, and natural gas to improve the lives of humans is not, could not, will not, change the climate enough for anyone to notice, 2/10 of a degree every 200 years----------its nothing, its within the measurement error of the measurement instruments----------its theory.

But, if you want to live under a rock and eat leaves--------go right ahead---save the world.

You say it won't change the climate enough for anyone to notice. I disagree.

CO2 and temperature rise go hand in hand.

th

Here's a limited record of CO2 and temperatures, CO2 and temperatures are pretty similar, except in the last hundred years or less.
Which comes first, CO2 rising or temperatures rising? Is it the CO2 that causes the rise, or is it the temperature rise that causes more CO2?
Why do they go hand in hand?

What happens when they don't?

The answer is we don't know. What we do know is that when humans ever mess with nature in a big way, it goes wrong.

You're talking 2/10th a degree every 200 years. I'm talking more than that.

Like I've said, and like some scientists who deny man made global warming and others have said, we should be getting colder. All predictions based on the 100,000 year cycle suggest that at some point from the 1990s to the 2000s we should have been getting colder, and quite a bit colder.
We're not, so the temperature rises you're talking about should also take into account the supposed drop we should be experiencing. It's not about about slowly we're getting warmer, it should be how far away we are from the natural temperature.

And whether it's theory or not, it doesn't matter. It's actually gambling.
You're betting that nothing will happen. You're betting that CO2 emissions, a known greenhouse gas, plus other gases like methane which are even stronger, will go into the atmosphere, as as a greenhouse gas, increase temperatures slightly and woohoo, suddenly Canada becomes the sunshine state.

What you have to remember is this. CO2 and methane and other greenhouse gases stay in the atmosphere a long time.

Greenhouse gas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

according to wikipedia we've seen an increase of 40% of CO2 in the atmosphere since 1750. In theory we should be seeing a reduction in the last few years. We're not.

Methane has seen a 167% increase.

The more we pump out, and the reality that they spend a long time in the atmosphere and contribute to the greenhouse effect means we could be a majorly warm greenhouse. Before these gases had time to escape and weren't always replaced, hence we went up and down. Now we're just going up. DO you think anything can cope with just going up?

A funny thing is, the Ozone layer. It was discovered in 1913, by 1978 people realised we were doing harm to it. Yet the EU didn't bother. The US, Canada and Norway put things in place. A few years later and the finding of the ozone layer being depleted caused more people to take notice.
Since then the depletion of the ozone layer has lowered. Why? We did something about it.

Now, scientists who claimed there was a problem with the ozone, are probably very similar to those saying that man is having an adverse effect on the climate.

But you seem to be a gambling man. I'm not.

300px-Future_ozone_layer_concentrations.gif

Photographs are science? If I take a picture of a donkeys ass and claim it's you is that science?

Thats not proof. A Photo? Who photographed it Sears or scientists you are telling everyone is wrong?

You have a photo of earths axis too? And the tilt every 10,000 years or nah?

I remember Jaime Oliver's TV program. He went to a school somewhere in the US to change how kids eat. He was told they got everything they needed. A pizza, for example, has veg, it has protein, it has carbohydrates, so it is considered good food for kids, by some people.
The system is clearly broken.

They told him if he could prove that his way worked, he could introduce it. But he couldn't prove it worked until it was introduced. Great.

Now, with man made climate change, people will only sit up and listen when it's too late, when the damage has already been done. This is the problem.

Thats not proof. A Photo? Who photographed it Sears or scientists you are telling everyone is wrong?

Actually yes we do have photography of the axis changing, of sorts. It's on Egyption & other ancient ruins in the form of how the stars in the sky were aligned thousands of years ago as compared to now. Does that make the ancients that scribbled on walls, what they saw with their own eyes scientists?

Just give up fool. You are out of your league

Actually yes we do have photography of the axis changing, of sorts. It's on Egyption & other ancient ruins in the form of how the stars in the sky were aligned thousands of years ago as compared to now. Does that make the ancients that scribbled on walls, what they saw with their own eyes scientists?

Just stop. You're only embarrassing yourself now.

That just proves the stars move not the existence of an axis.

Its funny watching you explain and believe some science...even wall scribble and can't explain why other science should be dismissed. Its almost as if you are going on. ..nothing other than wanting to believe wall drawings and not wanting to believe science but only sometimes...can't explain that either

That just proves the stars move not the existence of an axis.

Its funny watching you explain and believe some science...even wall scribble and can't explain why other science should be dismissed. Its almost as if you are going on. ..nothing other than wanting to believe wall drawings and not wanting to believe science but only sometimes...can't explain that either

Stars don't move across the sky idiot. The earth does and that is represented in what we see and how it's position changes over time. Galaxys are drifting away from us but from our vantage point the only thing that gives it away is the color they produce. The stars remain fixed in their positions and our wobble makes them appear to be moving.

Again, you are lost.....in space

Just stop. You're only embarrassing yourself now.

Another uneducated fool on the subject enters the room.

Cannon fodder

Forum List

Back