Global Warming: Was It Just A Beautiful Dream After All?

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011

Global Warming: Was It Just A Beautiful Dream After All? - Forbes

A generation and a half into climate change, née global warming, you can’t point to a single place on earth where the weather is noticeably different from what it was in 1979. Or 1879, for that matter. I don’t know what subliminal changes would be detected by precise instruments, but in terms of the human experience of climate, Boston is still Boston, Cairo is still Cairo, and Sydney is still Sydney.

The above is what I have been saying all along. Yet the GW side keeps saying that climate change is undeniable. That the change has been drastic. They do point to the glaciers which apparently have receded as they have since the last ice age but other then that everything seems to be the same as it was when I was young.

Fear not folks, warmth brings life.

A generation and a half into climate change, née global warming, you can’t point to a single place on earth where the weather is noticeably different from what it was in 1979. Or 1879, for that matter. I don’t know what subliminal changes would be detected by precise instruments, but in terms of the human experience of climate, Boston is still Boston, Cairo is still Cairo, and Sydney is still Sydney.

The above is what I have been saying all along. Yet the GW side keeps saying that climate change is undeniable. That the change has been drastic. They do point to the glaciers which apparently have receded as they have since the last ice age but other then that everything seems to be the same as it was when I was young.

Congratulations! Forbes has successfully maintained its reputation as a magazine with no connection whatsoever to dispassionate scientific inquiry.

That makes me feel better. Truly it does. Because now I can have a relatively high confidence that if I buy the latest issue of Scientific American, their contributors won't try to impress me with their knowledge of the causes of the 2008 financial meltdown.

Well, here it is from another source:

Warming and worry go AWOL

Anthony Watts, April 6, 2013

Some stories this week that show global warming aka climate change is beginning to fade away as an issue.

From the 3C Headlines blog:

Global satellite temperatures confirm hiatus of global warming, while the general public and mainstream press are beginning to recognise what climate sceptics long ago identified…global temperatures are trending towards cooling, not accelerating higher.

Read more @ Prison Planet.com » Warming and worry go AWOL

Oh, I know – it's a right wing blog so the graphs and links can't possibly be true!

Well great! Everything seems the same to you therefore scientific research have been disproven! Huzaa!

Jesus, it's not about if we gotten warmer only or cooler only or in the past 20 years only. It's about the shift in weather patterns, the violent storms, the global impact etc.
If you had ants in your yard they would affect your lawn. Hundred of Millions of humans cannot have zero effect on the planet. Be serious.

Well, here it is from another source:

Warming and worry go AWOL

Anthony Watts, April 6, 2013

Some stories this week that show global warming aka climate change is beginning to fade away as an issue.
From the 3C Headlines blog:

Global satellite temperatures confirm hiatus of global warming, while the general public and mainstream press are beginning to recognise what climate sceptics long ago identified…global temperatures are trending towards cooling, not accelerating higher.
Read more @ Prison Planet.com » Warming and worry go AWOL

Oh, I know – it's a right wing blog so the graphs and links can't possibly be true!

Alex Jones? AJ is as dedicated to the honest interpretation of scientific discovery as Pastor John Hagee is dedicated to the tenets of the Catholic liturgy.

Congratulations! Forbes has successfully maintained its reputation as a magazine with no connection whatsoever to dispassionate scientific inquiry.

That makes me feel better. Truly it does. Because now I can have a relatively high confidence that if I buy the latest issue of Scientific American, their contributors won't try to impress me with their knowledge of the causes of the 2008 financial meltdown.

Did you mention science?

Here is some science for you, let's see how you react to it. Over the last 15 years humans have dumped 100,000,000 tons of CO2 into the atmosphere. That is roughly 25% of the amount of CO2 added to the atmosphere by human activity since 1750. Despite this massive influx of CO2 into the atmosphere the temperature has remained relatively stable.

Every climate model we use says this is impossible, yet it happened. That, like it or not, proves there is a problem with the models, not the people who point that fact out. In fact, the actual real world temperatures were already at the low end of 20 different climate model predictions in 2005. The situation has only gotten worse since then, and the real world temps are expected to fall through the bottom of those predictions in a few years.

The research is beginning to suggest that we really don't know how the climate works. Climate responds to higher degrees of CO2 than we thought. Science, believe it or not, doesn't care that it was wrong. Scientists are developing new models that suggest a doubling of CO2 will result much smaller temperature changes which will remain far below the catastrophic tipping point that the doomsayers love to trumpet.

The question now is, do you trust science, or are you a climate denier?

Source: (I would like to point out that The Economist has been one of the leading voices among the doomsayers before you try to deny their numbers based on a conspiracy theory.)

Climate science: A sensitive matter | The Economist

Jesus, it's not about if we gotten warmer only or cooler only or in the past 20 years only. It's about the shift in weather patterns, the violent storms, the global impact etc.
If you had ants in your yard they would affect your lawn. Hundred of Millions of humans cannot have zero effect on the planet. Be serious.

We had another shift in weather patterns a few decades ago. Before that time violent storms were pretty common. Only a few idiots are claiming that humans have no affect on the planet. Personally, I would rather deal with the ants in my yard than nuke all the neighbors to make sure they don't spread ants. You prefer total destruction of human civilization to deal with a minor annoyance.

Yet you call me crazy.

Climate models are so bad they can't even accurately predict weather patterns for more than a couple of weeks and much of the time they are even wrong that far out.

:lol::lol::lol:SA has a very long track record of failure when it comes to AGW as well. In fact the WHOLE house of cards is falling apart around your ears bucko. Get used to it.

Well great! Everything seems the same to you therefore scientific research have been disproven! Huzaa!

Typical response from a leftist anti-science denier. The real deal is every claim made by your warmists has failed. Every. Single. One. That sort of track record takes effort.

Put another way....psychics have a better track record than your high priests.....that's funny....sad for you, but funny to us scientific types.

It is about that stuff....because you people have used that to gain power...

Second you cant say humans have nearly as much impact on Earth as the Sun....are you seriously equating the two? Really? The moon has more control over our environment than we do.

but it's good to see this stuff is now being exposed for the control grab that was "climate change"

Could you please provide the link to the statistics on the increase in violent storms, thanks.

I challenge you to plug any date into wiki or google and you will be amazed that there have been major storms in almost every year going back centuries. Look up the Great Drowning of Men which occurred when CO2 levels were "safe".

Yep 1362 pre industrialisation......nobody ever died before evil man started polluting the world huh uh....:cuckoo:

You anti-science nuts are all the same...

"The Grote Mandrenke (Dutch: "Great Drowning of Men") was the name of a massive southwesterly Atlantic gale which swept across England, the Netherlands, northern Germany and Schleswig around January 16th 1362, causing at minimum 25,000 deaths."

Grote Mandrenke Storm - Timelines.com

We had another shift in weather patterns a few decades ago. Before that time violent storms were pretty common. Only a few idiots are claiming that humans have no affect on the planet. Personally, I would rather deal with the ants in my yard than nuke all the neighbors to make sure they don't spread ants. You prefer total destruction of human civilization to deal with a minor annoyance.

Yet you call me crazy.

this is like bitchin about ants you haven't even seen yet, ants you predict but never show up. You would have the neighbors not have picnics because you fear they would attract
the ants you never see.

Last edited:

It's always going to get warmer. It's always going to get cooler and there will always be periods of devastating storm activity? Lived long enough to have experienced a lot of it. Read about hot summers, cold summers, warm winters, cold winters by writers from as long ago as recording words were possible.

What's the point

We may be those ants. Who you kickin out of the yard so you can quit freakin out over normal weather? You or me?

Bet the answer is me.......

Last edited:

Yet you call me crazy.

Are you fucking insane?

I'll follow my rule of never arguing with an idiot

Yet you call me crazy.

Are you fucking insane?

I'll follow my rule of never arguing with an idiot

Says the guy that thinks humans impact the Earth more than the sun or moon or earth itself.....

It's always going to get warmer. It's always going to get cooler and there will always be periods of devastating storm activity? Lived long enough to have experienced a lot of it. Read about hot summers, cold summers, warm winters, cold winters by writers from as long ago as recording words were possible.

What's the point

We may be those ants. Who you kickin out of the yard so you can quit freakin out over normal weather? You or me?

Bet the answer is me.......

I get this response often and here's my follow up question: Have I or anyone else ever ever ever claimed that there has never been periods of cooling and periods of warming?
If not, who are you talking too and why are you giving me "rain is wet" arguments?

Forum List

Back