Globetrotter-in-Chief: Obama Outpaces Previous Presidents in World Travel

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
A new report from the National Taxpayers Union Foundation reveals that President Obama outpaces his predecessors in world travel.

“The most internationally well-traveled President, through five years, is also flying the most expensive-to-operate Air Force One to date,” the foundation wrote in the study, first reported by Breitbart News.

In 2013, the cost of operating Air Force One was about $228,288 per flight hour, according to information obtained by The Washington Examiner via a Freedom of Information Act request.

Obama departed yesterday for the Netherlands to attend a G-7 meeting. The National Taxpayers Union’s Michael Tasselmyer estimates the cost of the trip will be upwards of $6,620,352.

Obama Outpaces Previous Presidents in World Travel

So while all of the liberals on USMB have convinced themselves that Obama "cares" he's off jet-setting around the world and playing golf at the most exclusive clubs.

This guy has always looked at the tax payer as a "chump" to subsidize the lifestyle he craves but is not willing to earn.

I wonder how many trips to Hawaii his supporters on USMB have made? :lol:

I'm sure he has shattered the record for modern day Presidents
for giving speeches with media coverage...

Every day it seems he is out there surrounded by his people props giving a speech on something
or other.

Always seems to be in non stop campaign mode.

The thread title should be corrected: The Grifter-In-Chief....

Every day it seems he is out there surrounded by his people props giving a speech on something
or other.

I literally can't stand to hear the liar speak. Off goes the TV or the radio every time he invades my space and rapes the airwaves.

or other.

I literally can't stand to hear the liar speak. Off goes the TV or the radio every time he invades my space and rapes the airwaves.

I find nothing more appalling than when I have to hear his "my brother's keeper" bullshit.

This is a man who sits on tens of millions of dollars but leaves his own aunt in poverty (his illegal alien of an aunt who has never paid into our system and yet lives off American tax payer provided government housing, food stamps, transportation and healthcare) and whose own brother had to call a conservative (Dinesh D'Souza) for the money to pay for the hospital bill for Barack's nephew.

So the greedy millionaire who won't even help his own family demands that I be "my brothers keeper" for every lazy Dumbocrat who refuses to hold a job :eusa_doh:

Does this include his trip to Brussels that will cost 10 million? 900 people, three planes, for 24 hours.

A new report from the National Taxpayers Union Foundation reveals that President Obama outpaces his predecessors in world travel.

“The most internationally well-traveled President, through five years, is also flying the most expensive-to-operate Air Force One to date,” the foundation wrote in the study, first reported by Breitbart News.

In 2013, the cost of operating Air Force One was about $228,288 per flight hour, according to information obtained by The Washington Examiner via a Freedom of Information Act request.

Obama departed yesterday for the Netherlands to attend a G-7 meeting. The National Taxpayers Union’s Michael Tasselmyer estimates the cost of the trip will be upwards of $6,620,352.

Wasn't the president going to talk to world leaders about Nukes?

While Putin had a meeting with the VP?

I'm not sure what you point is if so. Do you think they should Skype?

Technology is pretty remarkable these days. I mean, he's using it to illegally spy on all Americans. Surely he can use it to save all of us hundreds of millions of dollars every year.

Oh wait, that's right, the only reason he wanted the job was so that he could exert power over others while jet-setting across the world in a lavish lifestyle.

By the way - one obvious question here: did other presidents not need to talk to world leaders about nukes? Obama is doing the same exact job as all previous presidents in the modern-era but inexplicably needs to travel 800% more. And you seem to have no explanation for that... :dunno:

So...this is a bad thing..................now.

Yes bodecea - flying to Hawaii every three weeks and Martha's Vineyard every other weekend is a bad thing (both now and in the past).

I mean, why isn't he being "his brother's keeper" and using that money to feed hungry people and build houses for homeless people? Can you explain it?

Maybe he doesn't care quite as his useful idiot nation believes? Maybe he's a typical communist who hoards for himself while feeding the masses his propaganda about sharing? I'd be interested to hear you share any thoughts you have on this bizarre reality.

Why not Skype? Modern technology is supposed to simplify things. But maybe he's afraid the NSA will "drop in" on the conversation.

So while all of the liberals on USMB have convinced themselves that Obama "cares" he's off jet-setting around the world and playing golf at the most exclusive clubs.

This guy has always looked at the tax payer as a "chump" to subsidize the lifestyle he craves but is not willing to earn.

as much as i don't approve of most of obama's positions or actions, this is nothing to be concerned about. each year the political arena and our economy grows more and more global. make that every economy in the world. i have no problem with a president attending global or regional functions, that is his job. if he has done it more, good for him, hopefully it will strengthen our position globally.

as much as i don't approve of most of obama's positions or actions, this is nothing to be concerned about. each year the political arena and our economy grows more and more global. make that every economy in the world. i have no problem with a president attending global or regional functions, that is his job. if he has done it more, good for him, hopefully it will strengthen our position globally.

Nothing has grown "more global" since George W. Bush was in office. That's just an excuse. Not the economy. Not the political arena. Not diplomacy. Nothing.

But what has changed in the 5 years since GWB held office is technology. It has grown more advanced. Obama can have a "face-to-face" with any leader in the world from his Oval Office at 1/1,000,000,000th of the cost.

Obama doesn't believe in work. What he does believe in is abusing power and playing all day.

Forum List

Back