GM makes a nice $10,000 car but Obama won't let you buy it.

Kia sells a great vehicle at a bargain basement price. We purchased a NEW one in April, and it gets great gas mileage, has all the bells and whistles, and rides and drives like a vehicle twice the price. We paid under $17,000 for it.

It's called the KIA SOUL.

I used to go to gigantic car auctions 5 years ago & there were a lot of Kia's there but not one got bid on. That told the whole story right there. Toyota's got top top dollar.

Kias are awful. Yes, you can buy a new car very cheap, but what you get is a very cheap car that you won't be able to pay people to buy off you.

My friend had a Kia and she paid less for it new than I paid for my used Honda. At 1st she was very proud of her "savvy", a year down the line she wasn't gloating any more.

[

But it would be nice if GM got off the SUV mentality (and if moron buyers stopped enabling it) and gave us a version of this car. It's gotta start with us though; if we want practical autos, let's quit buying the inverted bathtubs just because Big Auto tells us to.

GM gives us all sorts of useless features on cars like turn signals in the side mirrors so they can charge more, and distracting features like fancy audio systems and net access to cause crashes and thus sell more cars.

They could make a simple practical car for $10,000 but it's more profitable to sell junk esp since the idiot consumer has been brainwashed into wanting crap.

turn signals are useless?....side mirrors are useless.....you are not only cheap....you are kinda stupid too....whats next seat belts?....

I saw a documentary not too long ago about cars made for India and the serious issue of pollution they were causing. They were crazy cheap and everyone was buying one.

Of course they didn't come with things like seat belts or air bags, the windows didn't roll down and I don't think they even had radios....

You get what you pay for.

No car should have a radio. Driving a car is super-dangerous for you and the other drivers and the idea of adding distracting devices to make it FUN is insane.

oh but lets not put turn signals or side view mirrors on the car....has anybody told you today that you are a dumbass?....

Kia sells a great vehicle at a bargain basement price. We purchased a NEW one in April, and it gets great gas mileage, has all the bells and whistles, and rides and drives like a vehicle twice the price. We paid under $17,000 for it.

It's called the KIA SOUL.

You paid 17,000 for a Kia? That's a throwaway car like a Hyundai..

You can get a new 2013 Jeep for that kind of money.

We own two top of the line Buicks, both rather costly. But guess what, they were engineered and built in America by Americans. So while you are all free to support Japan, Korea, Germany, please don't whine about the economy, the job market, or the declining middle class in America. And I had no idea this Obama guy also controls the car you can buy. What a guy is all I can say. The man must never sleep and his days must last 48 hours!

THE AMERICAN LIST | A Continuous Lean.
Shirts Made in USA by the All American Clothing Co
Clothing Made in the USA - American and Unionmade Clothing by All USA Clothing
Travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. The best materials and innovative construction since 1972 - TomBihn.com
http://toddshelton.com/
Case Knives - Handcrafting pocket knives in the USA since 1889.
American Apparel - Primary Basics,
Halo Headband Sports Headwear: Head Sweatbands for Athletes

Buy American - support all Americans, including yourself.

Our children, our grandchildren, ourselves require we support each other, buy American.

Quality! our Buick is number one.

Buy American and Thumbs up!

Buy American = "Because Ford, GM and Chrysler conduct far more of their research, design, engineering, manufacturing and assembly work in the U.S. than foreign automakers do, buying a Ford, GM, or Chrysler supports almost three times as many jobs as buying the average foreign automobile. Some comparisons are even more striking. Buying a Ford supports 3.5 times more jobs than buying a Hyundai. Comparing a Honda and a Hyundai? Buying a Honda supports more than 2 times more jobs." The Level Field Institute

How Americans Can Buy American

Got to go with SS on this one.

I bought my 89 f-150 in 2003 for $700...and I've but 100,000 miles on it on top of the 100K it had in it when I bought it...maybe $2000 in non-regular maintenance repair doing it myself...and it still does what a brand new truck does.

Now I'm looking at going the other way...back into the 70's to find another Highboy or F-100.

My wife drives a pristine '93 Park Avenue that we paid $3000 for...but the engine has no distributor, no carburetor, no valve adjustment...even changing the spark plugs is challenging.

New car not only depreciate by half on signing, but the owner is forever a slave to the dealership or mechanic for even the most routine repair.

I have a 68 VW Beetle that is going to replace that Buick as soon as I get around to sprucin' her up a bit. I paid $600 for her and will likely put $3000 or more into getting her up to wifely standards...but you can fix a VW 1600cc engine by accident. :D

I drive a $2000 car and it runs and looks great. It's used. Only morons buy new cars.

GM?s $9,800 Car . . . The One We?re Not Allowed to Buy |

Posted on June 6, 2013
How much is the EPA and DOT costing you?

One way to quantify this is to consider a car GM builds – but which you can’t buy. Well, not unless you move outside the United States – and beyond the diktats and fatwas of the EPA and DOT.

It is called the Sail – and GM makes it in China. It retails for 60,000 yuan – equivalent to about $9,800 in “federal” reserve notes.

Demand for the car is so great that GM plans to increase its exports of the Sail to countries like Chile and Ecuador by nearly 70 percent, according to a recent Reuters article (see here).

It just won’t be exported here.

Those two federal agencies mentioned at the beginning of this story. These unelected and unaccountable bureaucracies have made it illegal – a criminal offense – to sell you a car like the Sail. Which, by the way, is neither primitive nor pathetic. The most recent design is a modern and aesthetically appealing sedan or five-door hatchback wagon with a Corvette-inspired “dual cockpit” dash layout. The car has AC, power windows, power door mirrors and a modern stereo with Bluetooth wireless and music streaming. It even has a leather-wrapped steering wheel.

It would look at home on any road – and in any garage – in the Western world.
/QUOTE]

Wish you didnt post the link from that website, the cartoon pic kind of killed it. Nothing wrong with buying a new car if you could afford it. my brand new 88 porshe 911 and 1994 mustang gt convertable was a chick magnet. But yea I just buy used cars now with cash, I am done with car payments.

If I was more mechanically inclined I'd go with a used car. But with my knowing little about car repair, my husband gone a lot, and the fact that we make a 3,600 mile journey 3 times a year, I just feel safer with our new car.

you can get great deals with used cars if you know what your doing, they still have a alot of life in them. I paid $500 bucks for 1991 Nissan Sentra in 2003 (they were going to junk it) put a new fuel pump in it and drove it for like 5 years, 150,000 miles just changed the oil and a new clutch.

This is my 1st new car. I'm typically not the new car type, because I do recognize that it drops in value the moment you drive it off the lot. My last car was a Honda, we bought it used, over 100,000 miles and it drove like a dream. Had it for 7 years and I never had any mechanical issues with it:) But, when my husband was set to deploy last it started giving us trouble and he wasn't comfortable with leaving me in a used car that we weren't familiar with.

Good used vehicles are a lot harder to come by since the recession. New car sales were really slow for 3 years & cash for clunkers thinned out the remaining used ones. So now there is a shortage of good used vehicles. The ones for sale are well used with high miles or the price is high.

Is GM trying to sell the car here?
GM and many other companies make cars marketed for other countries with no plans to ever sell them in the US.

This is my 1st new car. I'm typically not the new car type, because I do recognize that it drops in value the moment you drive it off the lot. My last car was a Honda, we bought it used, over 100,000 miles and it drove like a dream. Had it for 7 years and I never had any mechanical issues with it:) But, when my husband was set to deploy last it started giving us trouble and he wasn't comfortable with leaving me in a used car that we weren't familiar with.

We understand that.

I drive a $2000 car and it runs and looks great. It's used. Only morons buy new cars.

I bought a brand new Saturn for $14k in 1998 and I had it until 2010. Sounds pretty smart to me, dumb ass.

Dang didnt you get bored of it? I always liked having two or three cars, one time I even had five they were always fun to drive what ever my mood was. I can not tell you how many personal and company cars I had since I started driving in 1982. But my second car was a 1971 Grand Prix. loved that car. First one was a piece of crap 1972 Ford Grand Torino with a 8 track tape player. lol.

Forum List

Back