Gm

What's really amusing is that it wasn't that long ago conservatives were saying that GM was using the bail out money to build a plant in China and move operations over there. Liberals were yelling that it wasn't true. Poor libs, shafted once again.

Thanks for pointing that out Katz, I was ripped on a previous board for my accusation. I knew that GM was using taxpayers money to fund their moving jobs to China.

While blanket statements are a particular favourite of mine, my own GM car is twenty years old, has 412,000 miles and still runs like a champ. Just sayin'. :coffee:

yep.....i have been driving GM since 88 and have never had a problem and only one recall for something fairly minor....

you should have bought a colbolt. nice looking car but a big piece of shit. looking at mine right now, from my chevy blazer.... the electronics in that car sucks big time.

why would i want to by a big piece of shit?....:eusa_eh:.....i had 2 Blazers.....never had any problems with either one....

yep.....i have been driving GM since 88 and have never had a problem and only one recall for something fairly minor....

you should have bought a colbolt. nice looking car but a big piece of shit. looking at mine right now, from my chevy blazer.... the electronics in that car sucks big time.

why would i want to by a big piece of shit?....:eusa_eh:.....i had 2 Blazers.....never had any problems with either one....

The Cobalt wasn't "big".

I rented a couple. I liked 'em. Pulled 40mpg on a good day.

As regards China and the OP, the simple fact is if the car companies were to try to export cars to the Chinese market from plants here -- if there were anywhere near enough plants to do that -- they simply could not do it cost effectively. Whether the bigger chunk of that cost is shipping or tariffs is a hair I don't care to split, but it's simple math: produce in China, make profit; produce here and export to China, make a pittance. They sell more cars there than they do here with that arrangement.

Cut off the proverbial nose to spite the face as suggested here, and you have a company deprived of a significant cash cow. You want this TARP money paid back, or don't you?

:eusa_whistle:

If Obama gets the blame for this, who gets the blame for the 2008 Chevy Silverado I bought which was assembled in Guadalajara, Mexico?

The Cobalt wasn't "big".

I rented a couple. I liked 'em. Pulled 40mpg on a good day.

As regards China and the OP, the simple fact is if the car companies were to try to export cars to the Chinese market from plants here -- if there were anywhere near enough plants to do that -- they simply could not do it cost effectively. Whether the bigger chunk of that cost is shipping or tariffs is a hair I don't care to split, but it's simple math: produce in China, make profit; produce here and export to China, make a pittance. They sell more cars there than they do here with that arrangement.

Cut off the proverbial nose to spite the face as suggested here, and you have a company deprived of a significant cash cow. You want this TARP money paid back, or don't you?

:eusa_whistle:

The Colbalt Lt are good looking fun to drive slot cars, when they start. I had to buy a used blazer just because I knew it would get me to work. I have to take that car in again for the same security issue locking me out to start, its like the 4th time it happend with that stupid computer in it.

IS gonna build cadillacs in CHINA. NOT AMERICA CHINA. THEY still owe us 20 Billion BUCKS too.. way to go obamiecare!

Didn't we just go through this same song and dance with Jeeps? Turns out that Chrysler is going to build Jeeps for Chinese consumption in China, the same as Toyota build Toyotas for American consumption in America.

Want to bet what we will see is that this is the same thing?

IS gonna build cadillacs in CHINA. NOT AMERICA CHINA. THEY still owe us 20 Billion BUCKS too.. way to go obamiecare!

Didn't we just go through this same song and dance with Jeeps? Turns out that Chrysler is going to build Jeeps for Chinese consumption in China, the same as Toyota build Toyotas for American consumption in America.

Want to bet what we will see is that this is the same thing?

Yeah we did. And Romney lost both Ohio and his birth state of Michigan, arguably on account of this lie. Perhaps all those workers who just got new jobs building Jeeps in Toledo and Detroit saw through the bullshit, ya think?

In the same way the OP has yet to show us where GM is shutting down Cadillac production in the US. Of course the OP had no link to any story at all, so we can take that for what it's worth.

Forum List

Back