God given rights?

You can claim the rights came from wherever you please. The reality is, however, without government they're just words.

Just words??

Those words INSPIRED this government! CREATED IT!

You're the one that isn't in touch with reality here, get a fucking GRIP!!

Must suck to go thru life as a godless Leftist who must go as far as to ignore our Declaration of Independence.

I'm not ignoring anything. If rights are really God-given, why would we need government at all?

Which other nations have individual rights identified as unalienable as granted from God?

I have no idea.
I haven't read the constitutions and histories over every nation out there. However, off the top of my head - England. Read the Magna Carta.

Then you should not stake out positions out of your ignorance.

So you have read every constitution and history of every nation on the planet. Is that what you are saying? Because if you are not, then you are clearly as ignorant as I and it doesn't seem to stop you from staking out a position. Why do your rules apply to me and not to you?

Have you read the Magna Carta?

Just words??

Those words INSPIRED this government! CREATED IT!

You're the one that isn't in touch with reality here, get a fucking GRIP!!

Must suck to go thru life as a godless Leftist who must go as far as to ignore our Declaration of Independence.

I'm not ignoring anything. If rights are really God-given, why would we need government at all?

Because God wants us to rule ourselves according to His precepts. That is why this whole ball got rolling in the first place. The country was FOUNDED on that principle.

Folks like you are just bound and determined to change that, and it's sad to see.

Whether or not rights are truly God given, if you believe they come from the government, then you believe the government can take them away at any time.

I have no idea. I haven't read the constitutions and histories over every nation out there. However, off the top of my head - England. Read the Magna Carta.

Wrong. You really have no idea what you are talking about, do you?

So, you haven't read the Magna Carta.

Now you are just being a tool. England was not founded on the sovereignty of the individual based on God-granted unalienable rights.

Do any of you, that really don't know much about our history, ever wonder why our Founder's said our Government was an experiment?
or
What it means to be a Constitutional Republic?

Our God given rights come first and foremost and our Constitution was written and based on that premise. Our Government is not suppose to ever take those three rights away, which is Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
Our Government is now doing away with these three things.
Our Founder's put in our Constitution protection of the Majority ruling over the Minority.
They didn't even think to put in protections of the Minority ruling over the Majority, they should have done so, but at the time it was written they never even thought this was possible.

Whether or not rights are truly God given, if you believe they come from the government, then you believe the government can take them away at any time.

Godless Libtards simply refuse to acknowledge that our foundational God-granted unalienable rights are the only thing standing between us and tyranny of government.

Godless Libtards simply refuse to acknowledge that our foundational God-granted unalienable rights are the only thing standing between us and tyranny of government.

That's one of the vagaries of life. Government can be both the guarantor and destroyer of rights. That doesn't effect my argument in the slightest, except to say we need to work to have the best government possible or we'll be at the mercy of whomever is the strongest.

That's one of the vagaries of life. Government can be both the guarantor and destroyer of rights. That doesn't effect my argument in the slightest, except to say we need to work to have the best government possible or we'll be at the mercy of whomever is the strongest.

In our system, government is not the guarantor of rights.

Then what is? A piece of paper, no matter what it says, won't stand up to my gun.

Then what is? A piece of paper, no matter what it says, won't stand up to my gun.

The collected guns of those who say this is a nation of laws. It isn't about the paper, it is about the will of the people who give the paper meaning.

Because God wants us to rule ourselves according to His precepts. That is why this whole ball got rolling in the first place. The country was FOUNDED on that principle.

Folks like you are just bound and determined to change that, and it's sad to see.

If we rule ourselves, then we determine what are and are not rights. If you wish for God to be the cause of that, you are free to believe so. It changes absolutely nothing. The practical outcome is the same, with our without God.

Again, you are being intentionally obtuse, commie.

That we have rights does not mean they cannot be wrongfully violated.

If we rule ourselves, then we determine what are and are not rights. If you wish for God to be the cause of that, you are free to believe so. It changes absolutely nothing. The practical outcome is the same, with our without God.

Wrong.

Unalienable rights are the protection against mob rule.

Wrong. You really have no idea what you are talking about, do you?

Now you are just being a tool. England was not founded on the sovereignty of the individual based on God-granted unalienable rights.

Founded? No. Again, you obviously have not read the Magna Carta and you assume that makes you an expert on it.

England was founded upon the God-granted unalienable rights of Kings. You have heard the phrase "divine rights of kings", have you not? That is how you play this God-granted game. And, as the Magna Carta made clear, it is only God-granted so long as people are willing to let it be God-granted. God always seems to grant these rights to whoever is holding the sword. Change that and God grants rights to the new sword holder.

Wrong.

Unalienable rights are the protection against mob rule.

Nonsense. The law is the protection against mob rule. When a man is being lynched and the law (in the form of the police) stands by and watches, unalienable rights do nothing at all.

Founded? No.
Again, you obviously have not read the Magna Carta and you assume that makes you an expert on it.

England was founded upon the God-granted unalienable rights of Kings. You have heard the phrase "divine rights of kings", have you not? That is how you play this God-granted game. And, as the Magna Carta made clear, it is only God-granted so long as people are willing to let it be God-granted. God always seems to grant these rights to whoever is holding the sword. Change that and God grants rights to the new sword holder.

Excellent. You show some capacity to learn.

Forum List

Back