God given rights?

Every nation has laws. What makes our laws stand when the laws of other nations fail?

The laws stand because they are based on rights which are inalienable and granted by God.

The laws stand because we've set up a system that protects them. You can say they're God-given all you want, but without an authority to enforce them, they're just words.

You are just babbling empty rhetoric.

Every nation has laws and a system to protect them.

What makes ours uniquely protected?

Nothing, we're no different than other countries in that regard. If institutions aren't created to protect rights, they won't be.

The laws stand because we've set up a system that protects them. You can say they're God-given all you want, but without an authority to enforce them, they're just words.

Nothing, we're no different than other countries in that regard. If institutions aren't created to protect rights, they won't be.

You are dancing, monkey. Laws are not 'rights.' Answer the question.

I did answer. You're problem is you didn't like my answer. If you notice, I didn't even use the word 'laws'. Thought we were talking 'rights'. Rights are protected by government. Absent one, your only right, if I'm stronger than you, is to sit meekly by while I eat YOUR kill in hopes that I'll leave you some scraps. Hope that helps, because any other scenario is a fantasy.

Another victim of the public indoctrination system? This nation is the first in history to establish itself as the PROTECTOR of the rights of the minority, rather that the GRANTOR of those rights. We acknowledge that these rights come from God, and are worthy of our protection for ALL.

It seems to me that makes us VERY different, No.....UNIQUE!

Another victim of the public indoctrination system? This nation is the first in history to establish itself as the PROTECTOR of the rights of the minority, rather that the GRANTOR of those rights. We acknowledge that these rights come from God, and are worthy of our protection for ALL.

You're just playing with words. If the government wasn't in place to protect your rights, how would you be able to enforce them beyond being the meanest SOB on the block?

You're just playing with words. If the government wasn't in place to protect your rights, how would you be able to enforce them beyond being the meanest SOB on the block?

How can the government be the grantor of rights when those rights existed and were acknowledged before that government's formation?

The rights came first, from God.

The government came later.

We have the longest run in protecting rights because we are a nations of laws.

Every nation has laws. What makes our laws stand when the laws of other nations fail?

The laws stand because they are based on rights which are inalienable and granted by God.

Not every nation has laws. Many nations simply have rules which are set up at the pleasure of whoever is ruling. They can change any aspect of those rules as they please, or just ignore them. In our nation, they can only work within the limitations of the law.

It has absolutely nothing to do with God, but because you have the right to believe as you wish and say what you wish - in accordance with law - you can believe and say it is. Conversely, I can believe and say it isn't. Under a theocracy, we would only have the right to believe and say what the government wishes. Which is why we are not and have never been a theocracy.

How can the government be the grantor of rights when those rights existed and were acknowledged before that government's formation?

You can claim the rights came from wherever you please. The reality is, however, without government they're just words.

What makes you think they are uniquely protected?

Which other nations have individual rights identified as unalienable as granted from God?

We are unique in being first, but that was not the claim. The claim was that we are uniquely protected. Thinking that is a very good way to lose your rights. Unless, of course, you think you don't lose your rights even while the pistol is aimed at the back of your head.

You can claim the rights came from wherever you please. The reality is, however, without government they're just words.

We are, of course, talking about how America was founded, not whether or not America could be overthrown.

Just words??

Those words INSPIRED this government! CREATED IT!

You're the one that isn't in touch with reality here, get a fucking GRIP!!

We are unique in being first, but that was not the claim. The claim was that we are uniquely protected. Thinking that is a very good way to lose your rights. Unless, of course, you think you don't lose your rights even while the pistol is aimed at the back of your head.

You are obfuscating. No claim is made that rights cannot be abused or violated, or that America cannot be overthrown.

Which other nations have individual rights identified as unalienable as granted from God?

I have no idea. I haven't read the constitutions and histories over every nation out there. However, off the top of my head - England. Read the Magna Carta.

Just words??

Must suck to go thru life as a godless Leftist who must go as far as to ignore our Declaration of Independence.

Just words??

You're the one that needs to get a grip. The words may have inspired the government, but without it, they're still just words.

Forum List

Back