God Help Us All: Captain America Is Now A Negro!

yea there were.....same with Kingpin....and im sure there will be when Johnny Storm comes back with a great tan....

Please don't bring up the DD movie, it was horrible, the man playing Kingpin(big man from the Green Mile), was the only bright spot of the film, it makes Green Lantern look good.:eusa_whistle:

Michael Clarke Duncan.

He died in 2012 as a result of white racism. Look it up.

WIKI says heart attack. I know he brought John Coffee to life really well. Green Mile was his best work.

I did think of one black man who was replaced by a white girl.

His name was Bill Foster, originally Black Goliath, later just Goliath. Appeared in early Power Man issues. Anyway, during the Civil War storyline(a very political story), in which Captain America did not want superheros to register with the government and Iron Man did, the 2 sides had a huge battle.

Tony Stark had created a Thor robot, because the original Thor had been missing for some time, the Thor robot threw his hammer through Bill Foster, killing him.

Cassie Lang took over his name, she knew Bill and had been close with him since her father, the 2nd Ant-Man was killed by Scarlet Witch when she lost her mind. She had gained her fathers ablilties to shrink and grow, and after Bill's death changed her name to Goliath.

Told you comic books were cool!:D

His name was Bill Foster, originally Black Goliath, later just Goliath. Appeared in early Power Man issues. Anyway, during the Civil War storyline(a very political story), in which Captain America did not want superheros to register with the government and Iron Man did, the 2 sides had a huge battle.

Tony Stark had created a Thor robot, because the original Thor had been missing for some time, the Thor robot threw his hammer through Bill Foster, killing him.

Cassie Lang took over his name, she knew Bill and had been close with him since her father, the 2nd Ant-Man was killed by Scarlet Witch when she lost her mind. She had gained her fathers ablilties to shrink and grow, and after Bill's death changed her name to Goliath.

Actually, it wasn't a robot Thor, it was a clone. ;)

yea there were.....same with Kingpin....and im sure there will be when Johnny Storm comes back with a great tan....

I complained a bit, and I am a Samuel Jackson fan. It wasn't that I was opposed to him being black, it was that I was opposed to any drastic visual change in the character. Nick Fury has been a middle-aged white guy with a patch on his eye for years and years and years. It was just jarring to see him played by a bald black guy.

I got used to it fairly quickly, though. And there's not a lot of reason Fury needs to be white. Same with Kingpin. It wasn't the 'real' Kingpin in the movie. It didn't bother me that long for that character, either.

Now, adding a black Nick Fury to the comic canon to fit in with the movie universe....that I find ridiculous. But again, that's got nothing to do with the character being black; it's because I don't like the changes and additions made to the comic universe to try and bring it in line with the movie universe. I'd prefer the two remain mostly separate.

As I said, there was a black Nick Fury in comic books more than a decade ago. I do get your meaning, and it's like the Nova character in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, or Firestar from Spidey and his super friends, back in the early 80's. They have compensated with both characters in the comics after first introducing them in the cartoons.

Funny thing is one of the best characters to come along in years first appeared in cartoons. Harley Quinn first appeared in the Batman animated series and her first appearance was a reprint of the cartoon and it's worth a used car in high condition.

There is now a black Fury in the normal Marvel universe. I don't know how he got there, if he was somehow brought from the Ultimate universe or what, but the original Fury is still around and so is the other version. I'm almost certain he was added because of Samuel Jackson's portrayal in the movies.

He's been in one or more Avengers books and, I think, a Wolverine book.

I still can't believe Harley Quinn came from the show. Such a well known, iconic comic book character originating from the cartoon, it's crazy. :D

Actually, it wasn't a robot Thor, it was a clone. ;)

Good catch! Stark and Henry Pym created the clone, but didn't Pym end up being a Skrull in Secret Invasion? Gosh these stories all run together anymore.

I complained a bit, and I am a Samuel Jackson fan. It wasn't that I was opposed to him being black, it was that I was opposed to any drastic visual change in the character. Nick Fury has been a middle-aged white guy with a patch on his eye for years and years and years. It was just jarring to see him played by a bald black guy.

I got used to it fairly quickly, though. And there's not a lot of reason Fury needs to be white. Same with Kingpin. It wasn't the 'real' Kingpin in the movie. It didn't bother me that long for that character, either.

Now, adding a black Nick Fury to the comic canon to fit in with the movie universe....that I find ridiculous. But again, that's got nothing to do with the character being black; it's because I don't like the changes and additions made to the comic universe to try and bring it in line with the movie universe. I'd prefer the two remain mostly separate.

As I said, there was a black Nick Fury in comic books more than a decade ago. I do get your meaning, and it's like the Nova character in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, or Firestar from Spidey and his super friends, back in the early 80's. They have compensated with both characters in the comics after first introducing them in the cartoons.

Funny thing is one of the best characters to come along in years first appeared in cartoons. Harley Quinn first appeared in the Batman animated series and her first appearance was a reprint of the cartoon and it's worth a used car in high condition.

There is now a black Fury in the normal Marvel universe. I don't know how he got there, if he was somehow brought from the Ultimate universe or what, but the original Fury is still around and so is the other version. I'm almost certain he was added because of Samuel Jackson's portrayal in the movies.

I still can't believe Harley Quinn came from the show. Such a well known, iconic comic book character originating from the cartoon, it's crazy. :D

Did not know that the black Fury was in mainstream earth-616, I know his character ended up on the Supreme Power world, after the Ultimate Power series, and that he eventually got out of that universe, but I lost track of him after that. I dropped Marvel about 3 years ago now, just to much drek to keep up with, now it's pretty much Valiant only and back issues.

Exactly.

No one complained when Nick Fury became a black guy.

Please don't bring up the DD movie, it was horrible, the man playing Kingpin(big man from the Green Mile), was the only bright spot of the film, it makes Green Lantern look good.:eusa_whistle:

doesnt matter how bad you thought the movie was.....it was an example of a white character showing up as a black guy.....not as a different guy with the same moniker.....it was the same guy....Wilson Fisk......

I have no problem with the skin color ("race") of comic characters changing over time. This includes characters that were originally black, etc. Everyone's fair game.

Please name one character that was originally black, that they changed. I've thought a lot about it and I cant come up with one.

Personally, I don't know.

The only thing remotely close to comics I like and know of are the Batman movies, like The Dark Knight. Awesome movies. :D

thats it?.....if thats all you know about comics....why would you get in this conversation?....just wondering....

Actually, I do know a bit more, but only the movies, like X-Men, Thor, and Spiderman. I don't read the paper comic books, though. The issue itself is a complaint about the "race" of a character changing, which is what interests me, and has little to no bearing on whether someone reads comic books.

Actually, I do know a bit more, but only the movies, like X-Men, Thor, and Spiderman. I don't read the paper comic books, though. The issue itself is a complaint about the "race" of a character changing, which is what interests me, and has little to no bearing on whether someone reads comic books.

Nick Fury is the best example I know of, where a person is of a different race from universe to universe. Different people may put on the same costume, but it's the only example I know of where a man is white in one universe and black in another.

More interesting to me, is the fact that in at least one universe, Wolverine is a homosexual. Of coarse there are only a few different universes where they have shown Nick Fury, but well over a hundred where they have shown Wolverine. It could be expected that in some universes Wolverine was black, in some he is probably a she, and as likely that in some Nick Fury is a homosexual as well, but that is all conjecture.

Im hearing they are considering doing a movie abut the late Johnny Winter who died this past week. Of course, the character who plays Winter will be a black guy.

Listen.......around 1980 or so, when we started seeing black Santa's in stores, you knew it was the beginning of the end!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::gay:

Every single white kid who ever see's a black Santa is saying to themselves, "WTF?!!:wtf:"

Last edited:
Im hearing they are considering doing a movie abut the late Johnny Winter who died this past week. Of course, the character who plays Winter will be a black guy.

Listen.......around 1980 or so, when we started seeing black Santa's in stores, you knew it was the beginning of the end!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::gay:

Every single white kid who ever see's a black Santa is saying to themselves, "WTF?!!:wtf:"

Thats usually what happens when characters modeled on real life people are misportrayed. Once people get over the shock of seeing the original after years of being conditioned to believe something else no one cares anymore.

Does this person look more like a Black guy or a white guy to you?

Saint_Nicholas.jpg

Johnny actually would probably have no problems with that.....a little bit of white makeup....bingo....Johnny Winter....

Did not know that the black Fury was in mainstream earth-616, I know his character ended up on the Supreme Power world, after the Ultimate Power series, and that he eventually got out of that universe, but I lost track of him after that. I dropped Marvel about 3 years ago now, just to much drek to keep up with, now it's pretty much Valiant only and back issues.

I guess it's not a black Nick Fury in 616, it's actually his son, Nick Fury Jr. He was born with the Infinity formula in his blood. I've no idea why he also has a patch.

Nicholas Fury, Jr. (Earth-616) - Marvel Comics Database

For the record, Sam Wilson started out as an enemy of Cap. He was a misguided youth, with his own racism going on. (Read the Falcon Limited Series).

He has come along ways in 35 plus years.

Still, with all the other Cap's they have tried, they cannot measure up to Steve Rogers, and his ideals. It will be interesting to see how Sam fares.

Comics are a business about making money. You can argue that it's political correctness, but whether the statement is political or not, the primary driver is selling comics.

Anyone remember when Superman was a communist?

Are you referring to the three-part mini-series "Superman: Red Son"...

SC-5.jpg

Or something else?

I think its stupid to replace him, particularly when its soley a race based decision, but if he doesnt have the super soldier serum running through his veins, that is fucking gay. You cant be captain america if you dont have his powers.

What makes you say it's "solely a race based decision"?

This isn't the 70s anymore. Black superheroes aren't "shocking" any more, except to those few still obsessed with race.

You mean the comic book editors and the behind the camera creative people in Hollywood?

Those folks are the most race and sexual orientation obsessed people I see. Moreover, they can't even be honest about their obsession by offering accurate portrayals and instead we always get gays or blacks who are cut from the "Magical Negro" cloth or who are super capable - the genius black doctor (which is totally at odds with what our medical schools confront in the black students).

I think its stupid to replace him, particularly when its soley a race based decision, but if he doesnt have the super soldier serum running through his veins, that is fucking gay. You cant be captain america if you dont have his powers.

What makes you say it's "solely a race based decision"?

This isn't the 70s anymore. Black superheroes aren't "shocking" any more, except to those few still obsessed with race.

You mean the comic book editors and the behind the camera creative people in Hollywood?

Those folks are the most race and sexual orientation obsessed people I see. Moreover, they can't even be honest about their obsession by offering accurate portrayals and instead we always get gays or blacks who are cut from the "Magical Negro" cloth or who are super capable - the genius black doctor (which is totally at odds with what our medical schools confront in the black students).
another I'm not a racist, racist .

On one hand, you have these USMB right wingers putting up these endless threads about "uppity Negroes".

On the other hand you have USMB right wingers complaining that it's Democrats who are racist by accusing them of racism.

So let's find a happy medium.

The Republican Party is 90% white for a reason.

Johnny actually would probably have no problems with that.....a little bit of white makeup....bingo....Johnny Winter....

091812-celebs-transformations-whoopi-goldberg-the-associate-split.jpg.custom1200x675x20.dimg

Forum List

Back