Going To Costco?

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
Starting tomorrow, if you're going to be shopping at Costco you'll need to have a mask:

Masks Required At Costco

People are now calling for a boycott of the chain, calling the policy "tyrannical".

Really? Tyrannical? It's on a par with things done by people like Pol Pot and Hitler? I'd say that's a tad dramatic.

I don't really understand these dramatic reactions. Is it really that big a deal?

You know, it's not that hard to make a good mask that will protect you. And, wearing a mask will keep others around you safe as well. Personally? I'm kinda thinking that instead of shutting down every thing, they should have had people start wearing masks at all times. Might have cut down quite a bit in the infection rate without having to close down the economy.

You know, it's not that hard to make a good mask that will protect you. And, wearing a mask will keep others around you safe as well. Personally? I'm kinda thinking that instead of shutting down every thing, they should have had people start wearing masks at all times. Might have cut down quite a bit in the infection rate without having to close down the economy.

I just have to believe that, if it's optional, the first people who'll start screaming the loudest when someone sneezes near them will be the ones who chose not to wear a mask...

You know who are the ones that bother me the most? Those that think they are fashion accessories. I see many people every day wearing a mask under their chins, or their nose is poking out of the top, or they have it around their necks.

The other people I feel sorry for are the ones that believe a cloth mask will stop the virus. Sorry, but while a cloth mask will protect others from you, it won't protect you from others. Why? The micron filtration is too big. The densest weave can only get down to 1 micron, with most cloth being anywhere from 5 microns (jean material), to upwards of 20 (bandana cloth).

If you want good protection, what your mask is made of is just as important as the mask itself. Paper towels will filter down to 0.3 microns (same as most commercial masks). Kleenex will filter down to 0.1 microns (same size as the virus) as well as has a static charge, so even if a virus does get past the paper towel, it will be stopped by the kleenex. I make mine out of paper towels folded like a mask, with a Kleenex layer behind that. Best part? No metal, so you can microwave them (held together with masking tape) and re use them a couple of times, but then can throw them away when you think they are used up.

Having to wear a mask at market has allowed me to fully understand what it was like for the untermensch during the Holocaust.

Starting tomorrow, if you're going to be shopping at Costco you'll need to have a mask:

Masks Required At Costco

People are now calling for a boycott of the chain, calling the policy "tyrannical".

Really? Tyrannical? It's on a par with things done by people like Pol Pot and Hitler? I'd say that's a tad dramatic.

I don't really understand these dramatic reactions. Is it really that big a deal?

Today you've been trained to wear a mask in public. Tomorrow? A bunny suit. The day after? A respirator. Like a good citizen will you do it? At what point will you exclaim, "That's enough, they've gone too far?" Or will such a thought never arrive or arise in the mind of the well trained grazer?

Having to wear a mask at market has allowed me to fully understand what it was like for the untermensch during the Holocaust.
Those on welfare and food stamps eat like kings compared to the untermensch

Masks Required At Costco

I thought the goal was to attract people, not make them take their business elsewhere.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. So much for a free country.

Costco is technically a private club. You have to pay dues to join and you can't purchase anything without an up to date photo I.D. card. I guess they have the right to set the rules.

I don't like the policy & think requiring masks is overboard

from my government, it is unconstitutional

from a private business it is their prerogative; if enough people choose to not shop there because of it, the policy will change quickly

if business stays steady, then they likely won't

I support the right of ANY business to set their own rules and policies

and yes, that includes SMOKING SECTIONS

dcbl is FAR MORE "pro-choice" than any progressive that is eager to see as many babies killed as possible could ever hope to be...

Masks Required At Costco

It's their store and they have the right to make that policy. If people don't like it, they can shop elsewhere

Masks Required At Costco

It's their store and they have the right to make that policy. If people don't like it, they can shop elsewhere

I don't think its quite that simple because they make you PAY for membership and abide by a contract to shop there. That would mean they can't change the contract without consent of both parties. If the contract doesn't say you must wear a mask when the store says you must, then you could say no and if the store tries to throw you out demand full refund of your membership dues.

Masks Required At Costco

I don't think its quite that simple because they make you PAY for membership and abide by a contract to shop there. That would mean they can't change the contract without consent of both parties. If the contract doesn't say you must wear a mask when the store says you must, then you could say no and if the store tries to throw you out demand full refund of your membership dues.

However, if the contract says that you must abide by the rule put in place by management?

I'm a Sams Club member and have avoided it due to its always overcrowded state. Costco is same the one time I was there as a guest.

Forum List

Back