Good Guys with a gun failed again

I'd been reading bits and pieces of that information and i am appalled. They sound as bad as those cops that allowed that florida shooting things with that cruz kid. That gunman was in there for an hour??? shooting kids??? Where are the damn officers to stop that? In the movies?
The police aren't tasked to prevent crime. Their job is to investigate the crime scene and apprehend the perp. Crime prevention is the duty of the community at large by creating and supporting an environment conducive to peace and good will.

Once apprehended it is the job of the legislature and the courts to ensure the perps are no longer a threat to society.

Self-sacrifice is not useful. Killing Ramos was useful.

I don't think we know what happened at all, but I'd like to know.
We know 3 trained officers failed to stop one untrained 18 year old. There must be a reason for this?

Yet they were far more trained than the 18 years old boy who just bought his guns 2 weeks ago. All 3 unprepared? Wow, just how much training does it take to put down an untrained 18 year old who bought his guns 2 weeks ago?
Or not.

The police aren't tasked to prevent crime. Their job is to investigate the crime scene and apprehend the perp. Crime prevention is the duty of the community at large by creating and supporting an environment conducive to peace and good will.

Once apprehended it is the job of the legislature and the courts to ensure the perps are no longer a threat to society.
It is their job to protect. They failed clearly.

So I look at the timeline of events at the TX school shooting:
The gunman encountered a school district police officer, who wasn't able to stop him, Estrada said.
"He was engaged by an Uvalde ISD police officer who works here at the school. And then after that, he was engaged by two other officers from the Uvalde Police Department," Estrada said.

Officials haven't made clear how Ramos managed to get past the officers and open fire in adjacent classrooms.

Now explain to me how this happened? How do all these officers not stop an 18 year old punk with no training that just bought his guns 2 weeks ago?
Incorrect.

It was a 'good guy with a gun that killed the perp and ended the carnage.

Incorrect.

It was a 'good guy with a gun that killed the perp and ended the carnage.
Yes like 100 good guys it took by then right? 100 good guys for one 18 year old who just got his guns 2 weeks ago? Why is that? Why couldn't the first 3 stop him?

So the reality now seems to be that it takes the entire police force plus help to stop the bad guy with a gun. Why is that? We've seen this before. Why is the shooter so hard to stop?

Shoot it open? Your link doesn't say unlocked. Try again.
Where does it say he shot the door open?

The 3 cops watched him enter the school. If had had to shoot the door open they would have had more time to shoot at him

So I look at the timeline of events at the TX school shooting:
The gunman encountered a school district police officer, who wasn't able to stop him, Estrada said.
"He was engaged by an Uvalde ISD police officer who works here at the school. And then after that, he was engaged by two other officers from the Uvalde Police Department," Estrada said.

Officials haven't made clear how Ramos managed to get past the officers and open fire in adjacent classrooms.

Now explain to me how this happened? How do all these officers not stop an 18 year old punk with no training that just bought his guns 2 weeks ago?
Without fully reviewing the incident there's no way to tell and and discussion is just speculation.

In a school environment the PO's are not going to be flinging shots wildly hoping one stops that bad guy, if they do, they don't need to be cops anymore.

Once appr...

well...that doesn't appear to be the way of it from past situations but okay then. What damn good are they. Leftists get into everything local, hire more leftists and this is the result.

Last edited:
We know 3 trained officers failed to stop one untrained 18 year old. There must be a reason for this?
IMO, he blew past the security guard, that's all. Surprise factor. And the guard called 911 and local cops came.

As for the two local cops, there's some slip-sliding going on there. None of what officials are saying makes sense. My GUESS is that they didn't "engage" him at all --- or were fruitlessly going around looking for him before he locked himself into that classroom. After that, no one could get at him for a long time until the Border Patrol managed it.

You know, sometimes people don't lose: it's just that the other side wins. This is such a case, IMO.

Where does it say he shot the door open?

The 3 cops watched him enter the school. If had had to shoot the door open they would have had more time to shoot at him
It doesn't say. Just like it doesn't say the door was unlocked. We don't know. Until you provide a link with that specific detail, we don't know.

Forum List

Back