Good Guys with a gun failed again

IMO, he blew past the security guard, that's all. Surprise factor. And the guard called 911 and local cops came.

As for the two local cops, there's some slip-sliding going on there. None of what officials are saying makes sense. My GUESS is that they didn't "engage" him at all --- or were fruitlessly going around looking for him before he locked himself into that classroom. After that, no one could get at him for a long time until the Border Patrol managed it.

You know, sometimes people don't lose: it's just that the other side wins. This is such a case, IMO.
Possibly something like that. But at least one of the confronting officers was shot. So the bad guy managed to shoot an officer, but they didn't have a chance to shoot him?

He was 18 and just bought his guns 2 weeks ago. How trained could he be?
How do you know he didn’t have other guns before?
I have co-Worker’s who buy guns and rifles all the time.
You are making a lot of presumptions.
I think you watch too many movies.

Possibly something like that. But at least one of the confronting officers was shot. So the bad guy managed to shoot an officer, but they didn't have a chance to shoot him?
I only read that one of the three invading Border Patrol was shot, and another of the three killed Ramos. Are you saying that one of the two local cops was shot?

This has happened before. Just where do we get these not coward officers? And why do you think trained officers would be scared of an untrained 18 year old punk?
Plenty of non-cowards around if you know how to sift.
I imagine it was the first time these officers had been in an actual gunfight & they were outgunned as well.
Lot's of them talk crap but most men have never even been in a single fist fight in their lives.
They'll turn tail rather than defend themselves from insult or assault

How do you know he didn’t have other guns before?
I have co-Worker’s who buy guns and rifles all the time.
You are making a lot of presumptions.
I think you watch too many movies.
I think you are foolish if you think an 18 year old who just bought his guns was well trained. But I'll wait for your link to give us reason to believe he was. Otherwise you are just making it up.

So I look at the timeline of events at the TX school shooting:
The gunman encountered a school district police officer, who wasn't able to stop him, Estrada said.
"He was engaged by an Uvalde ISD police officer who works here at the school. And then after that, he was engaged by two other officers from the Uvalde Police Department," Estrada said.

Officials haven't made clear how Ramos managed to get past the officers and open fire in adjacent classrooms.

Now explain to me how this happened? How do all these officers not stop an 18 year old punk with no training that just bought his guns 2 weeks ago?
Really weird story. Waiting for details.

11:32 a.m. Ramos enters the school through a west entrance and is approached by one Uvalde ISD school resource officer. No gunfire is exchanged. Ramos continues into the school.
  • Ramos travels down a short hallway, turns right, then left and enters a classroom. "That's where the carnage began," McCraw said. Ramos opens fire on students and teachers. The classroom is connected internally to another classroom.
  • Several law enforcement agencies - including Uvalde police and Uvalde ISD officers - converge on the classroom, breach the door, engage Ramos, and "keep him pinned down at that location."
  • A tactical team comprised of U.S. Customs and Border Patrol agents, a Zavala County deputy, and two Uvalde police officers enter the classroom. Officers shoot and kill Ramos on the scene.

So it seems the School ISD officer just let Ramous walk in and no shots were fired.

Ramos then locked himself in the classroom and then the cops finally got the door open ( that was locked by Ramos) he had already shot the kids and teachers then when the cops finally got in he shot at them'

It is pretty clear to me that Ramos entered the school unmolested

Yes like 100 good guys it took by then right? 100 good guys for one 18 year old who just got his guns 2 weeks ago? Why is that? Why couldn't the first 3 stop him?
So, you latch onto a minor failure in order to denigrate a concept you disagree with and think that we all live in the perfect world where a good guy with a gun just strolls in and causuall, with a single shot, kills the murdering perp.

You are absolutely locked into an idea that will, itself fail, utterly.

Banning guns is a failure in solving these problems.

I only read that one of the three invading Border Patrol was shot, and another of the three killed Ramos. Are you saying that one of the two local cops was shot?
I know officers were shot. The details seems fuzzy still. I also know officers sat outside while he killed children. Why were they scared to go in? Many vs 1.

It doesn't say. Just like it doesn't say the door was unlocked. We don't know. Until you provide a link with that specific detail, we don't know.
11:32 a.m. Ramos enters the school through a west entrance and is approached by one Uvalde ISD school resource officer. No gunfire is exchanged. Ramos continues into the school.
  • Ramos travels down a short hallway, turns right, then left and enters a classroom. "That's where the carnage began," McCraw said. Ramos opens fire on students and teachers. The classroom is connected internally to another classroom.
  • Several law enforcement agencies - including Uvalde police and Uvalde ISD officers - converge on the classroom, breach the door, engage Ramos, and "keep him pinned down at that location."
  • A tactical team comprised of U.S. Customs and Border Patrol agents, a Zavala County deputy, and two Uvalde police officers enter the classroom. Officers shoot and kill Ramos on the scene.

Plenty of non-cowards around if you know how to sift.
I imagine it was the first time these officers had been in an actual gunfight & they were outgunned as well.
Lot's of them talk crap but most men have never even been in a single fist fight in their lives.
They'll turn tail rather than defend themselves from insult or assault
Outgunned? You mean the type of gun does matter?

So, you latch onto a minor failure in order to denigrate a concept you disagree with and think that we all live in the perfect world where a good guy with a gun just strolls in and causuall, with a single shot, kills the murdering perp.

You are absolutely locked into an idea that will, itself fail, utterly.

Banning guns is a failure in solving these problems.
Countries with strong gun control don't have these problems. That doesn't sound like a failure.

I think you are foolish if you think an 18 year old who just bought his guns was well trained. But I'll wait for your link to give us reason to believe he was. Otherwise you are just making it up.
I don’t need a Link because I can buy guns like anyone else.
I also presume from your amazingly stupid and obnoxious questions that you haven’t seen the video of him at the scene.

Still no mention of if the door was locked or not.

I don’t need a Link because I can buy guns like anyone else.
I also presume from your amazingly stupid and obnoxious questions that you haven’t seen the video of him at the scene.
Yes you always avoid facts. Glad you are consistent.

Countries with strong gun control don't have these problems. That doesn't sound like a failure.
Yes, they do. Don't even bother to post manipulated numbers to try and prove your point.

If guns were the problem, this country would have millions dead on a daily basis, not tens.

Forum List

Back