Good News in the fight for 15.

Do you really think they made a spur of the moment decision about this, or that they have been studying the possibility long enough to make a logical business plan? They are a big business. They don't do anything on a whim.

They have tested and rejected kiosks many times over the last decade. The move for unsustainable wages simply forces the issue. Wendy's can sharply increase prices, and probably go bankrupt, or they can contain costs by drastically cutting the overpriced workforce.

There were vending machines in temples as early as 215 B.C.E. They vended holy water. London had modern vending machines in 1880. Oh how the wages of that time drove business to do away with jobs and replace people with machines. And it only took a few years after that that everyone was out of a job.

No, they weren't. And the whole argument is as stupid today as it was then.

Holy water anyone?

As the Lefties like to say, "The science is SETTLED; there is no more time for discussion!"

The economic science tells us the following: Any time the price of a commodity is artificially increased to exceed its economic value there will be three results:

(1) The consumers of the commodity will use less of it (reduced employees and hours);

(2) The consumers of the commodity will seek out alternatives (automation, outsourcing); and

(3) A black market will be created (employment of under-the-counter workers).

Why $15/hour, you niggardly bastards? Why not $20? Why not $25? If this is how one creates prosperity, why settle for half-measures?

Do you really think they made a spur of the moment decision about this, or that they have been studying the possibility long enough to make a logical business plan? They are a big business. They don't do anything on a whim.

They have tested and rejected kiosks many times over the last decade. The move for unsustainable wages simply forces the issue. Wendy's can sharply increase prices, and probably go bankrupt, or they can contain costs by drastically cutting the overpriced workforce.

So the fact that they tested so many times should tell you they were headed that direction as soon as possible. A child could see that.

So the fact that they tested so many times should tell you they were headed that direction as soon as possible. A child could see that.

Business is a balance. Customers didn't really like the Kiosks. Most places refrained from mass deployment due to customer push back. The unsustainable labor costs change the dynamic and force the issue.

I think Darden has the best plan, allowing customer to order with their smart phone.

This minimum wage hike will put tens of millions of those on the bottom rung of the economic ladder out of jobs.

All for the insatiable greed of unions who want a cut of fast food.

How is $15 per hour unsustainable or overpriced? I do think that it should be a state decision but if the Feds need to set a bar than at least $10-$12. But $7.25 is a joke no matter where you are in the US. Companies like McDonalds have plenty of money to put towards their labor force. Nobody is going broke at the top.

How is $15 per hour unsustainable or overpriced?

Because a Wendy's single burger isn't worth $12 to most Americans. A $15 an hour wage under current conditions will push them to that level. People will simple stop buying.

I do think that it should be a state decision but if the Feds need to set a bar than at least $10-$12. But $7.25 is a joke no matter where you are in the US. Companies like McDonalds have plenty of money to put towards their labor force. Nobody is going broke at the top.

So do you advocate the state (or feds) owning Wendy's directly?

Business is a balance. Customers didn't really like the Kiosks. Most places refrained from mass deployment due to customer push back. The unsustainable labor costs change the dynamic and force the issue.

I think Darden has the best plan, allowing customer to order with their smart phone.

This minimum wage hike will put tens of millions of those on the bottom rung of the economic ladder out of jobs.

Tens of millions? Don't be so silly.

Literally thousands of new smart phone apps. Do you think minimum wage increases caused all of that?

Because a Wendy's single burger isn't worth $12 to most Americans. A $15 an hour wage under current conditions will push them to that level. People will simple stop buying.

I do think that it should be a state decision but if the Feds need to set a bar than at least $10-$12. But $7.25 is a joke no matter where you are in the US. Companies like McDonalds have plenty of money to put towards their labor force. Nobody is going broke at the top.

Heaven forbid if the owners and execs of Wendy's have to lose a point out of their profit share. Prices wouldn't go to $12 a burger because they need to remain competitive im their market. Fast food companies like in and out have shown that they can run a successful business model while taking good care of their employees. We are the USA, we hold our country and businesses to higher standards which means we don't allow child labor, sweatshops or companies to pay their employees wages that keeps them under poverty level.

I'd think getting more people on a livable wage and off of welfare would be of interest to you.

A $12 burger? You're nuts. Most fast food places already said their prices would have to go up only a few pennies.

Many fast food establishments have just a one percent profit margin. They can't afford wage hikes. Somebody must be fired or replaced by a machine.

Many fast food establishments have just a one percent profit margin. They can't afford wage hikes. Somebody must be fired or replaced by a machine.
I don't know, I sure see a lot of expensive ads flying around all over the place, and I don't see the execs hurting too much In their pocket books. Im not buying that they can't afford to pay their workers a livable wage... That's total BS

Forum List

Back