Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site does not use an encrypted certificate. I don't know why you are trying to get the usmessageboard via a secure connection.
type this into your url:

www.usmessageboard.com

Do NOT type https://

Yes I have typed without the https:// and I still get the Error Message in Google Chrome. I have been able to get on the forum using Microsoft Edge and now also Opera but cannot with Google Chrome but was ALWAYS using Google Chrome with no problem up until this afternoon.
Are you going through a VPN or proxy? You're in Europe, right?

Yes and Yes the first I have to now because of my new job.

You can usually turn the VPN off. Typically you need to reboot after turning it off. If you are using an SSL VPN it could easily interfere. I have a Palo Alto firewall on my work network and use the Global Connect VPN. When the VPN is active I cannot access this site. I have to deactivate and then reboot to connect.

If it is still coming up, the browser should be giving you the chance to designate the website as an exception. Just do that.

A secure connection is useful when you are using a website to communicate potentially sensitive information. For example, buying something online requires that you input your credit card. The https secure connection effectively creates an armored tunnel between your computer, and the website's server (their computer). The connection prevents a third party from breaking into the connection and intercepting the information you're sending. And even if a third party managed to break into the tunnel, the information is encrypted. The encryption key is located in the SSL certificate on the website's server. So the third party would never be able to decipher it.

Since you're not ordering pizza off of USMB, there's nothing to worry about.
Essentially, yes. However, google is now tying having a secure certificate with search engine rankings, along with your website being mobile friendly.

So, there is more to it than that, and google may be starting to penalize websites that don't have a certificate by not allowing their browsers to render them normally.

Yes I have typed without the https:// and I still get the Error Message in Google Chrome. I have been able to get on the forum using Microsoft Edge and now also Opera but cannot with Google Chrome but was ALWAYS using Google Chrome with no problem up until this afternoon.

Hmm....Well, the VPN was a long shot anyway. If you're on a corporate computer, then it may be that the IT admin has set specific restrictions against some websites. usmessageboard may be one of them.

Edit to Add: If you're able to view the website with other browsers then that isn't the issue. lol

Try the reset option. You'll have to add all your extensions and addons back afterward, however.

Things are okay in Microsoft Edge and now Opera and in Opera I have Ad Bloc so I think at this moment for this forum I not use Google Chrome.
Well, okay. It's your choice. Opera is a pretty decent browser.

Are you okay? You're writing patterns seems a bit off to Me. Are you feeling okay?

Yes I am okay thanks.

You can usually turn the VPN off. Typically you need to reboot after turning it off. If you are using an SSL VPN it could easily interfere. I have a Palo Alto firewall on my work network and use the Global Connect VPN. When the VPN is active I cannot access this site. I have to deactivate and then reboot to connect.

If it is still coming up, the browser should be giving you the chance to designate the website as an exception. Just do that.

A secure connection is useful when you are using a website to communicate potentially sensitive information. For example, buying something online requires that you input your credit card. The https secure connection effectively creates an armored tunnel between your computer, and the website's server (their computer). The connection prevents a third party from breaking into the connection and intercepting the information you're sending. And even if a third party managed to break into the tunnel, the information is encrypted. The encryption key is located in the SSL certificate on the website's server. So the third party would never be able to decipher it.

Essentially, yes. However, google is now tying having a secure certificate with search engine rankings, along with your website being mobile friendly.

So, there is more to it than that, and google may be starting to penalize websites that don't have a certificate by not allowing their browsers to render them normally.

Yes, and they are also trying to enforce their demand by designing Chrome to automatically attempt secure connections irregardless (and making it difficult for users to figure out how to deactivate such default behaviors), and throwing error messages to end users, in hopes that they'll be scared away from the websites, thus creating a second avenue to punish websites who don't comply with Google's decrees.

But that is of no relevance to the end user here.

Yes, and they are also trying to enforce their demand by designing Chrome to automatically attempt secure connections irregardless (and making it difficult for users to figure out how to deactivate such default behaviors), and throwing error messages to end users, in hopes that they'll be scared away from the websites, thus creating a second avenue to punish websites who don't comply with Google's decrees.

That isn't the case here, as I am currently using Chrome and I have zero issues with accessing this website on the browser.

If they get to the point that they enforce a certificate in the browser, I'll stop using the browser.

Hell, if I have to, I'll write one of My own. I just suck at the API functions for some of the browser features that stop advertisers. But I can prioritize that skill if I need to.

lol....

No response from USMB Admin all day?? :blowup:

Pogo download Opera Browser, I have been able to log in with it.

Nuttin' doin'. This is USMB's issue, they have to solve it. I ain't changing browsers and upsetting everything just because one site can't figure itself out.

I have Opera on another laptop. It's OK but I like what I have here. But if we have a site that only works on Opera, that's not a site.

Most of these browsers, always say Not secure. I am using Opera, which I love (for a browser), and I get no errors at all, but it does say Not secure.

My URL bar always says "Not Secure". That's a normal thing, on many sites. USMB's been saying Not Secure for a long time but never got that error until today.

Most of these browsers, always say Not secure. I am using Opera, which I love (for a browser), and I get no errors at all, but it does say Not secure.

That's because it's not secure.

Try this;

Type https://www.usmessageboard.com/

Notice you get an error regarding the SSL certificate. The error is false, but the cause is real. The server running the board is using a self-signed certificate and operating under TLS 1.1

View attachment 258376

Do it again as only www.usmessageboard.com

Notice how no error is returned? This is because the assumption is HTTP, a non-secured server. The first time we told it to expect a secure site with HTTPS, so when the browser negotiated a secure socket it got an error. As long as it isn't expecting a secure site it won't attempt to negotiate on the SSL layer.

So does that mean Forum Foundry needs to fix this or not?

I attempt doing www.usmessageboard.com WITHOUT the HTTPS and I still get the Error Message.
This site does not use an encrypted certificate. I don't know why you are trying to get the usmessageboard via a secure connection.
type this into your url:

www.usmessageboard.com

Do NOT type https://

I never type "http" anything. Nor does it appear.

That isn't the case here, as I am currently using Chrome and I have zero issues with accessing this website on the browser.

If they get to the point that they enforce a certificate in the browser, I'll stop using the browser.

Hell, if I have to, I'll write one of My own. I just suck at the API functions for some of the browser features that stop advertisers. But I can prioritize that skill if I need to.

lol....

I didn't say Google is requiring certificates, just that they like to set default behaviors they want people to use, and try to press users to accept those defaults by making it difficult and complicated for users to change the settings that would modify those default behaviors.

Good luck building your own browser. At best, you might be able to slap your own clothes on chromium, but you're not going to code your own browser engine from scratch. Browser engines take man-years to develop.

Hmm....Well, the VPN was a long shot anyway. If you're on a corporate computer, then it may be that the IT admin has set specific restrictions against some websites. usmessageboard may be one of them.

Edit to Add: If you're able to view the website with other browsers then that isn't the issue. lol

Try the reset option. You'll have to add all your extensions and addons back afterward, however.

Things are okay in Microsoft Edge and now Opera and in Opera I have Ad Bloc so I think at this moment for this forum I not use Google Chrome.
Well, okay. It's your choice. Opera is a pretty decent browser.

Are you okay? You're writing patterns seems a bit off to Me. Are you feeling okay?

Her English has been degrading :eek:

lol....

I didn't say Google is requiring certificates, just that they like to set default behaviors they want people to use, and try to press users to accept those defaults by making it difficult and complicated for users to change the settings that would modify those default behaviors.

Good luck building your own browser. At best, you might be able to slap your own clothes on chromium, but you're not going to code your own browser engine from scratch. Browser engines take man-years to develop.
I didn't say they were either. I said if they did.

Actually, coding a browser would take maybe a day to get it functioning. Depending on the platform. I could probably get one going inside a week using C#, maybe a couple of days using Java.

It would be very bare bones and basic, but it would be functioning and I wouldn't have to utilize anyone's kit.

To get it to spec for public use would take a year maybe. Security another year.

But if I wanted one that wasn't dependent upon anyone else, I could do it fairly quickly.

lol....

I didn't say they were either. I said if they did.

Actually, coding a browser would take maybe a day to get it functioning. Depending on the platform. I could probably get one going inside a week using C#, maybe a couple of days using Java.

It would be very bare bones and basic, but it would be functioning and I wouldn't have to utilize anyone's kit.

To get it to spec for public use would take a year maybe. Security another year.

But if I wanted one that wasn't dependent upon anyone else, I could do it fairly quickly.

:lmao:

Okay, good luck with that. I believe I read somewhere that the simplest bare bones browser engine out there is some 50,000 lines of code. Blink is somewhere in the 4 million range, if I recall correctly.

Hello

I now get from approx 20 minutes ago an error message using Google Chrome to not allow access to US Messageboard as now Not Secure situation and that US Messageboard valid certificate expire now and that Google Chrome now not allow access because of stealing informations on personal things and credit cards etc

So I am posting this OP using different Browser and you can notice it allow me to access this forum. I have not AdBloc on this Browser but now go and do because WTF the ads on this forum are crazy x 1000

Mods and/or Admin and also other forum members if using Google Chrome you have the same problem as I explain above or not having?
Disable your SSL Certificates in settings.

Okay I can see no option to allow me to Disable SSL Certificates.

I can find mine under Settings/Advanced, but I'd like to know more about what risks it puts on me for other sites :dunno:

ED - actually I can find where to go into SSL settings but what to do once in there is not at all clear. It does however offer a "Learn more about certificates" box which opens up a three-year course on the arcanities of all kinds of crapola I had no intention of spending my Sunday learning....
Google stopped support for SSL 2.0 with Google 38, if 2.0 is selected that could be the problem but the primary trick (as one tech put it) is "update your $(&^%$#$^ browser......." :lol:

Thank you to ALL my shining Knights in the sexy armour yesterday this they for taking time to assist a girl in confusion about confusing situation in Google Chrome, I do love ALL of you :smoke:

Also to Kat I thank for her saying to me to get Opera Browser.

Hello

I now get from approx 20 minutes ago an error message using Google Chrome to not allow access to US Messageboard as now Not Secure situation and that US Messageboard valid certificate expire now and that Google Chrome now not allow access because of stealing informations on personal things and credit cards etc

So I am posting this OP using different Browser and you can notice it allow me to access this forum. I have not AdBloc on this Browser but now go and do because WTF the ads on this forum are crazy x 1000

Mods and/or Admin and also other forum members if using Google Chrome you have the same problem as I explain above or not having?

I can find mine under Settings/Advanced, but I'd like to know more about what risks it puts on me for other sites :dunno:

ED - actually I can find where to go into SSL settings but what to do once in there is not at all clear. It does however offer a "Learn more about certificates" box which opens up a three-year course on the arcanities of all kinds of crapola I had no intention of spending my Sunday learning....
Google stopped support for SSL 2.0 with Google 38, if 2.0 is selected that could be the problem but the primary trick (as one tech put it) is "update your $(&^%$#$^ browser......." :lol:

Thank you to ALL my shining Knights in the sexy armour yesterday this they for taking time to assist a girl in confusion about confusing situation in Google Chrome, I do love ALL of you :smoke:

Yeah but how'd you like the stripper pics? :smoke:

I think the same thing is still going on. Had to navigate the error message again today when I first went on. I suspect if I don't post for a while it will reappear as it did yesterday.

Still curious that the site has nothing to say about it though.

I think the same thing is still going on. Had to navigate the error message again today when I first went on. I suspect if I don't post for a while it will reappear as it did yesterday.

It's your browser, not the site. Your browser is trying to redirect to a secure https connection that the site doesn't even use.

I use Chromium and no issues here plus I just logged in using Chrome, nope, nothing, no warnings. :dunno:

Stripper pics excellent! Now have them ALL positioned across MANY walls, Mr. Lucy say to me this why he decide to get marry to me because he knew I was a filthy pervert :thewave:

ogo get Opera Browser very fast and also no problem you can Import ALL Bookmarks etc from Google Chrome to Opera Browser.

Stripper pics excellent! Now have them ALL positioned across MANY walls, Mr. Lucy say to me this why he decide to get marry to me because he knew I was a filthy pervert :thewave:

ogo get Opera Browser very fast and also no problem you can Import ALL Bookmarks etc from Google Chrome to Opera Browser.

Mr Oosie was right about DAT. :thup:

I won't let USMB force me into another browser. That's blackmail. Their problem, they fix it.
I believe in treating the disease, not the symptom.

Well. You could use Dillo 3 but most of you idiots are still on Windows( and Prozac)
Three dildos??!!!! Say what??!!!!

No use for three dildos just get the Purple Dildo Bruce_T_Laney THE PURPLE DILDO Bruce darling :smoke:

52196603.jpg

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back