Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK just checked for Brave updates, there was one which would effect upon relaunch, and I did that.

Soon as I did I still got the same message which reads (copied it this time):

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.usmessageboard.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

This server could not prove that it is www.usmessageboard.com; its security certificate expired yesterday. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Sunday, April 28, 2019. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.​

The certificate was self-signed anyway.

Interestingly, the other forum that's pretty much a carbon copy of this one has the same issue. I've always thought that the same person/persons/entity owned and operated both.

Interestingly, the other forum that's pretty much a carbon copy of this one has the same issue. I've always thought that the same person/persons/entity owned and operated both.

You mean the "Treasure" and "Prepper" sites?

Back in my Firefox daze this site used to constantly shift me over to them involuntarily. That's the only reason I'd ever seen them.

Back in my Firefox daze this site used to constantly shift me over to them. That's the only reason I'd ever seen them.

No, 'political forum'

Stay as far away from those prepper sites as you can. Trust me on that one. Every single one of those are thoroughly infiltrated.

Besides, a country boy gonna survive anyway, he don't need no stinking prepper site. Ha.

Last edited:
Two new wrinkles.

One, Just now in another thread I was unable to embed a link at all. The link button simply wouldn't work. So I wrote out the URL and then it wouldn't post.

Refreshed the page and it got posted

Two, Lucy Hamilton check out this post in your other maybe-related thread. Another user has just reported getting the same security issue this time with Firefox.

His message read:

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to www.usmessageboard.com. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

Your computer clock is set to 4/28/19. Make sure your computer is set to the correct date, time, and time zone in your system settings, and then refresh www.usmessageboard.com.

If your clock is already set to the right time, the website is likely misconfigured, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

I'm seeing the most significant advice here as:

the website is likely misconfigured, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

Okay and also I posted thread in General Discussion that include YouTube video and no video appear in post ONLY the link to. That not occur before fir me when posting videos on this forum.

I just tried the same thing. Video would not post, wouldn't even open the box to insert the link.

Tried to post the URL itself, wouldn't post at all.

Then I refreshed the page, which brought the "Not Secure" message back again and made me go through the steps to open the page again, and then I was able to post the video normally.

It's apparently putting up that same roadblock every time you try to post something more than text.

Back in my Firefox daze this site used to constantly shift me over to them. That's the only reason I'd ever seen them.

No, 'political forum'.

Okay, no idea what site that is then.

I agree about the Prepper stuff. As noted the only reason I know about Treasure.Net and Prepper Forums is that this site kept sending me there. It doesn't any more.

Hello

I now get from approx 20 minutes ago an error message using Google Chrome to not allow access to US Messageboard as now Not Secure situation and that US Messageboard valid certificate expire now and that Google Chrome now not allow access because of stealing informations on personal things and credit cards etc

So I am posting this OP using different Browser and you can notice it allow me to access this forum. I have not AdBloc on this Browser but now go and do because WTF the ads on this forum are crazy x 1000

Mods and/or Admin and also other forum members if using Google Chrome you have the same problem as I explain above or not having?

Update:

I can now access this forum with Google Chrome if I do http:// before the www.usmessageboard.com but then I get to forum main page and when I attempt to log in it will not allow me to log in.
USMB is non secure

Screenshot-2.png

Hello

I now get from approx 20 minutes ago an error message using Google Chrome to not allow access to US Messageboard as now Not Secure situation and that US Messageboard valid certificate expire now and that Google Chrome now not allow access because of stealing informations on personal things and credit cards etc

So I am posting this OP using different Browser and you can notice it allow me to access this forum. I have not AdBloc on this Browser but now go and do because WTF the ads on this forum are crazy x 1000

Mods and/or Admin and also other forum members if using Google Chrome you have the same problem as I explain above or not having?

I noticed the same. HTTPS secure connection is blocked now. That'll leave us open for downgrade attacks. I'm using firefox.

Some having the same problem using Firefox.

Hello

Update:

I can now access this forum with Google Chrome if I do http:// before the www.usmessageboard.com but then I get to forum main page and when I attempt to log in it will not allow me to log in.
USMB is non secure

View attachment 258339

Yes that is correct USMB is Not Secure this now could occur hackings into USMB by Third Party eg. Chinese to steal personal information this include members email and also credit card information if they have given moneys to Forum Foundry via credit card etc

What other forum is this you are talking about?

Hello

In Chrome settings, Go to advance, security and enable TLS 1.1

USMB uses an outdated encryption method that Chrome blocks by default.

Okay I look and I ALREADY have Enable TLS 1.1 in that square it already is checked and so if already checked it cannot be that because that was already in operation.

A message board like this isn't going to farm out SSL certificates. TLS is the most common means of passive encryption. SSL is active encryption as it requires a public key in the form of a certificate to be installed.

If the older 1.1 is already active you should not be getting complaints from the board.

Try this guide to check some other common issues;

https://www.itechtics.com/fix-site-cant-reached-error-google-chrome/

Hello

I noticed the same. HTTPS secure connection is blocked now. That'll leave us open for downgrade attacks. I'm using firefox.

Some having the same problem using Firefox.
I developed with Firefox when it was Mozilla suite. I don't know if it has advanced/continue anyway included ???

Most of these browsers, always say Not secure. I am using Opera, which I love (for a browser), and I get no errors at all, but it does say Not secure.

Most of these browsers, always say Not secure. I am using Opera, which I love (for a browser), and I get no errors at all, but it does say Not secure.

Kat as you recommended in PM I have downloaded Opera Browser and I am now logged in here with Opera, confused though because Opera say it has a Built In Ad Bloc but I have a TON of Ad's so where is the Built In Ad Bloc Opera say it has?

I add I also am logged in here with the other Browser I have used today Microsoft Edge. Still nothing happening with Google Chrome though still get same Error Message.

That's because it's not secure.

Try this;

Type https://www.usmessageboard.com/

Notice you get an error regarding the SSL certificate. The error is false, but the cause is real. The server running the board is using a self-signed certificate and operating under TLS 1.1

upload_2019-4-28_15-59-23.png

Do it again as only www.usmessageboard.com

Notice how no error is returned? This is because the assumption is HTTP, a non-secured server. The first time we told it to expect a secure site with HTTPS, so when the browser negotiated a secure socket it got an error. As long as it isn't expecting a secure site it won't attempt to negotiate on the SSL layer.

That's because it's not secure.

Try this;

Type https://www.usmessageboard.com/

Notice you get an error regarding the SSL certificate. The error is false, but the cause is real. The server running the board is using a self-signed certificate and operating under TLS 1.1

View attachment 258376

Do it again as only www.usmessageboard.com

Notice how no error is returned? This is because the assumption is HTTP, a non-secured server. The first time we told it to expect a secure site with HTTPS, so when the browser negotiated a secure socket it got an error. As long as it isn't expecting a secure site it won't attempt to negotiate on the SSL layer.

So does that mean Forum Foundry needs to fix this or not?

I attempt doing www.usmessageboard.com WITHOUT the HTTPS and I still get the Error Message.

Kat as you recommended in PM I have downloaded Opera Browser and I am now logged in here with Opera, confused though because Opera say it has a Built In Ad Bloc but I have a TON of Ad's so where is the Built In Ad Bloc Opera say it has?

I add I also am logged in here with the other Browser I have used today Microsoft Edge. Still nothing happening with Google Chrome though still get same Error Message.

Go in Extensions which is off on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back