Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before you do this make sure Chrome is the latest version as that alone might fix the problem.

Okay I can see no option to allow me to Disable SSL Certificates.
Tools,
Options,
Advanced settings.

1. Open Google Chrome
  2. Click the Chrome menu button
    Note: The button is in the upper right of the browser and is indicated by three horizontal dots.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Scroll down to System or enter Proxy into the Search settings field.
  5. Click Open proxy settings.
  6. Click the Advanced tab
  7. Check or uncheck the options for Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0
  8. Close the Settings tab
  9. Exit and relaunch the browser
Now this could open you up if you're visiting secure sites, banking, bill pay, etc........ Unless you're using SSL 3.0.

Thanks Ringel but doesn't really help, as I do indeed use secure sites, banks, PayPal, financial advisor etc. Not risking that.

Seems to me this is something USMB should be fixing, not us.

No mods have commented thus far. Perhaps they can't get in either. :eek:
It's not really the USMB, it's Google settings. Just make sure 'Use 3.0' is checked. If that doesn't fix it then hopefully someone with much more Internet knowledge than me will chime in.

If it's not really USMB ----- then what is it that "expired yesterday"? :eusa_think:

Haven't been able to find anywhere to check "use 3.0" yet...

I already have Use SSL 3.0 it already is checked in the square.

Edit: Sorry NOT already checked in the square do not want to check because not sure if that mean then risk in operation for Banking, purchasing things off Amazon etc.
You want SSL 3 to be checked, i.e. you want it to be working.

Oosie, have you found anywhere with the option "use SSL 3.0"? :dunno:

I have just attempted to access this forum with Google Chrome using the Incognito Window and it still will NOT allow me to access the forum. I then attempt to access a forum I used to post at and all okay I got access to the other forum and so the problem in at THIS forum and ONLY this forum.

Tools,
Options,
Advanced settings.

1. Open Google Chrome
    Note: The button is in the upper right of the browser and is indicated by three horizontal dots.
  3. Click Settings.
Now this could open you up if you're visiting secure sites, banking, bill pay, etc........ Unless you're using SSL 3.0.

Thanks Ringel but doesn't really help, as I do indeed use secure sites, banks, PayPal, financial advisor etc. Not risking that.

It's not really the USMB, it's Google settings. Just make sure 'Use 3.0' is checked. If that doesn't fix it then hopefully someone with much more Internet knowledge than me will chime in.

If it's not really USMB ----- then what is it that "expired yesterday"? :eusa_think:

Edit: Sorry NOT already checked in the square do not want to check because not sure if that mean then risk in operation for Banking, purchasing things off Amazon etc.

Okay if I check it am I then at risk with Banking, using credit card online etc?

I have just attempted to access this forum with Google Chrome using the Incognito Window and it still will NOT allow me to access the forum. I then attempt to access a forum I used to post at and all okay I got access to the other forum and so the problem in at THIS forum and ONLY this forum.

Yes, I signed into a secure financial site and it worked as always. Clearly this is USMB's issue and not ours.

Yes, I signed into a secure financial site and it worked as always. Clearly this is USMB's issue and not ours.

Yes but why not EVERYONE having the problem?

Yes but why not EVERYONE having the problem?

They're after our money, you and I being the richest posters here. :smoke:

You can trust me, I don't want your money. I want your record collection.

See post #52.

Nothing like that found.

I did find a "Let's encrypt" on the list which doesn't expire until March 2021.
My bad it's in a whole different location.

Enabling TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 on web browsers

No list like that in Brave :(
Trying to find it now (without much luck), seems Brave is now using TLS 1.3. I would "assume" that it's automatically turned on but again that's just an assumption.

Okay if I check it am I then at risk with Banking, using credit card online etc?
Does it turn it on or off? You want it on.

Yes but IF on then am I getting at risk of hacked if do Banking or use credit card online?

Yes but IF on then am I getting at risk of hacked if do Banking or use credit card online?
No, you want it on for the protection, it helps protects you from that.

Two new wrinkles.

One, Just now in another thread I was unable to embed a link at all. The link button simply wouldn't work. So I wrote out the URL and then it wouldn't post.

Refreshed the page and it got posted

Two, Lucy Hamilton check out this post in your other maybe-related thread. Another user has just reported getting the same security issue this time with Firefox.

His message read:

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to www.usmessageboard.com. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

Your computer clock is set to 4/28/19. Make sure your computer is set to the correct date, time, and time zone in your system settings, and then refresh www.usmessageboard.com.

If your clock is already set to the right time, the website is likely misconfigured, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

I'm seeing the most significant advice here as:

the website is likely misconfigured, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

Hello

I now get from approx 20 minutes ago an error message using Google Chrome to not allow access to US Messageboard as now Not Secure situation and that US Messageboard valid certificate expire now and that Google Chrome now not allow access because of stealing informations on personal things and credit cards etc

So I am posting this OP using different Browser and you can notice it allow me to access this forum. I have not AdBloc on this Browser but now go and do because WTF the ads on this forum are crazy x 1000

Mods and/or Admin and also other forum members if using Google Chrome you have the same problem as I explain above or not having?
Disable your SSL Certificates in settings.

Before you do this make sure Chrome is the latest version as that alone might fix the problem.

Tools,
Options,
Advanced settings.

1. Open Google Chrome
  3. Click Settings.

I have ALREADY in operation ALL squares checked in Use TLS 1.0 also checked Use TLS 1.1 also checked Use TLS 1.2 should ALL these ALL be checked or should some be NOT checked?

Two new wrinkles.

One, Just now in another thread I was unable to embed a link at all. The link button simply wouldn't work. So I wrote out the URL and then it wouldn't post.

Two, Lucy Hamilton check out this post in your other maybe-related thread. Another user has just reported getting the same security issue this time with Firefox.

His message read:

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to www.usmessageboard.com. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

Your computer clock is set to 4/28/19. Make sure your computer is set to the correct date, time, and time zone in your system settings, and then refresh www.usmessageboard.com.

If your clock is already set to the right time, the website is likely misconfigured, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

the website is likely misconfigured, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

Okay and also I posted thread in General Discussion that include YouTube video and no video appear in post ONLY the link to. That not occur before fir me when posting videos on this forum.

Two new wrinkles.

His message read:

Meister Kat someone please contact Admin at Forum Foundry.

I click on the link in your above post "check out this post in your other maybe-related thread" and I get the below Error Message warning thing, Admin at Forum Foundry need to get ON this this is A SECOND Error Message now saying this forums website security certificate has expired, and with this we ALL on this forum now vulnerable to having PERSONAL INFORMATION taken by Chinese or whatever:

This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to trick you or steal any information that you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

Go to your Start page
Details
The website’s security certificate is not yet valid or has expired.

Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Go on to the webpage (Not recommended)

Hello

I now get from approx 20 minutes ago an error message using Google Chrome to not allow access to US Messageboard as now Not Secure situation and that US Messageboard valid certificate expire now and that Google Chrome now not allow access because of stealing informations on personal things and credit cards etc

So I am posting this OP using different Browser and you can notice it allow me to access this forum. I have not AdBloc on this Browser but now go and do because WTF the ads on this forum are crazy x 1000

Mods and/or Admin and also other forum members if using Google Chrome you have the same problem as I explain above or not having?
Disable your SSL Certificates in settings.

Tools,
Options,
Advanced settings.

1. Open Google Chrome
  3. Click Settings.

I have ALREADY in operation ALL squares checked in Use TLS 1.0 also checked Use TLS 1.1 also checked Use TLS 1.2 should ALL these ALL be checked or should some be NOT checked?
Unfortunately that is a question I cannot answer with complete certainty. Pretty sure as long as TLS 1.2 is checked the rest doesn't matter as 1.2 replaces 1.1 generally making 1.1 unnecessary.

What about this I find? About enabling SSL 3.0

SSL version 3.0 is no longer secure | The POODLE Attack | How to disable SSL version 3.0 in windows

Google discovered a critical flaw in SSLv3 and its vulnerability, known as “POODLE”, which can allow an attacker to extract secret information from inside of an encrypted transaction. SSLv3 is an old version of the security system that underlies secure Web transactions and is known as the “Secure Sockets Layer” (SSL).

How could an attacker exploit the vulnerability?

In a man-in-the-middle (MiTM) attack, an attacker could downgrade an encrypted TLS session forcing clients to use SSL 3.0 and then force the browser to execute malicious code. This code sends several requests to a target HTTPS website, where cookies are sent automatically if a previous authenticated session exists. This is a required condition in order to exploit this vulnerability. The attacker could then intercept this HTTPS traffic, and by exploiting a weakness in the CBC block cypher in SSL 3.0, could decrypt portions of the encrypted traffic (e.g. authentication cookies).

http://www.serverms.com/?p=337

Hello

I noticed the same. HTTPS secure connection is blocked now. That'll leave us open for downgrade attacks. I'm using firefox.

Last edited:

What about this I find? About enabling SSL 3.0

SSL version 3.0 is no longer secure | The POODLE Attack | How to disable SSL version 3.0 in windows

Google discovered a critical flaw in SSLv3 and its vulnerability, known as “POODLE”, which can allow an attacker to extract secret information from inside of an encrypted transaction. SSLv3 is an old version of the security system that underlies secure Web transactions and is known as the “Secure Sockets Layer” (SSL).

How could an attacker exploit the vulnerability?

In a man-in-the-middle (MiTM) attack, an attacker could downgrade an encrypted TLS session forcing clients to use SSL 3.0 and then force the browser to execute malicious code. This code sends several requests to a target HTTPS website, where cookies are sent automatically if a previous authenticated session exists. This is a required condition in order to exploit this vulnerability. The attacker could then intercept this HTTPS traffic, and by exploiting a weakness in the CBC block cypher in SSL 3.0, could decrypt portions of the encrypted traffic (e.g. authentication cookies).

http://www.serverms.com/?p=337
Yeah, just saw that also. DO NOT ENABLE SSL 3!!! Also reading that only TSL 1.2 or 1.3 (if you have 1.3) should be enabled 1.1 and earlier should be disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back