GOP Big Government wants to probe women's Vagina

This bill will require many women in Virginia to undergo vaginal penetration with an ultrasound probe against their consent in order to exercise their constitutional right to an abortion, even for nonsurgical, noninvasive, pharmaceutical abortions. This kind of government intrusion shocks the conscience and demonstrates the disturbing lengths Republican legislators will go to prevent women from controlling their own reproductive destiny.

I offered an amendment that would have protected women from the unwanted vaginal penetration required by this bill. House Republicans rejected that amendment. The next time Virginia Republicans speak the words ‘government intrusion’ I hope voters will remember this vote and hold them accountable for their hypocrisy.

---- Del. David Elgin

This moron obviously doesn't realize that nonsurgical abortion in performs this procedure before continuing with the abortion.

I put up a link to a Florida clinic.

It's a forced vaginal probe without consent.

What part of that don't you understand?

RICHMOND, Va. — House of Delegates Republicans have rejected a last-ditch bid by Democrats to allow women seeking abortions to opt out of an invasive ultrasonic procedure under anti-abortion legislation set for a final House vote Tuesday.

Legislation that has advanced on the strength of a GOP majority would force women to undergo a “transvaginal ultrasound” that produces fetal images.

An amendment by Del. David Englin, D-Alexandria, would have allowed medical professionals to determine whether images can be obtained without being penetrated by equipment used in the ultrasound.

Women would have to give written consent to such a probe under Englin’s amendments, but not to sonograms that are not invasive. The amendment failed on 64-34 vote, setting the bill up for final House passage.

Va House set to enact mandatory invasive ultrasound probe for women who seek abortions - The Washington Post

I don't believe the new Texas abortion law requires vaginal penetration (TVU) - just ultrasound (TAU).

Last edited:
This bill will require many women in Virginia to undergo vaginal penetration with an ultrasound probe against their consent in order to exercise their constitutional right to an abortion, even for nonsurgical, noninvasive, pharmaceutical abortions. This kind of government intrusion shocks the conscience and demonstrates the disturbing lengths Republican legislators will go to prevent women from controlling their own reproductive destiny.

I offered an amendment that would have protected women from the unwanted vaginal penetration required by this bill. House Republicans rejected that amendment. The next time Virginia Republicans speak the words ‘government intrusion’ I hope voters will remember this vote and hold them accountable for their hypocrisy.

---- Del. David Elgin

This moron obviously doesn't realize that nonsurgical abortion in performs this procedure before continuing with the abortion.

A state voted on it and passed it.

Don't move to Virginia, pussy.

Hello?

It's a procedure that is implemented before abortions. I already put up links.

You libs never stop lying. PP does transvaginal ultrasound as well. Basically you really can't walk into any abortion clinic and tell the abortionists to just hit the vacuum sucker to clean your uterus.

There are actual procedures in place that go with this deal.

Then what's all the legislation in Virginia about?

Blown out of proportion from what I can tell. Just fear mongering.

Just so you know I am a huge, huge proponent of birth control. Free. Anyone who is sexually active and I am not going to judge them, should get BC absolutely free of charge.

Including condoms to prevent STD.

Anything to prevent unwanted pregnancies and consequently abortions. If you read my posts in this thread, you'll see where I stand.

I want abortions to be the last resort for a woman. I'm not going to judge on lifestyles. I'm not going to judge a couple who find themselves strapped to the wall with their finances and literally just can't bring another soul into the world.

I'm not going to blame a woman who finds herself between a rock and a hard place because she is caught in a violent and abusive relationship.

Abortion is not a frivolous decision. Women carry silent pain from the choice for years.

I seriously wish both sides of this issue would come in from extreme positions and concentrate on prevention.

Last edited:
Hello?

It's a procedure that is implemented before abortions. I already put up links.

You libs never stop lying. PP does transvaginal ultrasound as well. Basically you really can't walk into any abortion clinic and tell the abortionists to just hit the vacuum sucker to clean your uterus.

There are actual procedures in place that go with this deal.

Just so you know I am a huge huge proponent of birth control. Free. Anyone who is sexually active and I am not going to judge them, should get BC absolutely free of charge.

Anything to prevent unwanted pregnancies and consequently abortions. If you read my posts in this thread, you'll see where I stand.

I want abortions to be the last resort for a woman. I'm not going to judge on lifestyles. I'm not going to judge a couple who find themselves strapped to the wall and can't bring another soul into the world.

I'm not going to blame a woman who finds herself between a rock and a hard place because she is caught in a violent and abusive relationship.

Abortion is not a frivolous decision. Women carry silent pain from the choice for years.

I seriously wish both sides of this issue would come in from extreme positions and concentrate on prevention.

A forced invasive vaginal probe is "blown out of proportion?"

Bullshit.

We are going to hammer the Republcans on this one.

Just so you know I am a huge huge proponent of birth control. Free. Anyone who is sexually active and I am not going to judge them, should get BC absolutely free of charge.

I want abortions to be the last resort for a woman. I'm not going to judge on lifestyles. I'm not going to judge a couple who find themselves strapped to the wall and can't bring another soul into the world.

Bullshit.

Of course you are.

Explain to me how you are going to argue against the procedure when it is required for the abortion pill? Non surgical abortions require this.

Do you want an abortionist to now go in blind? Are you that crazy?

Because if you want the transvaginal ultrasound banned, how are abortionists going to be able to properly designate which procedure to apply to the patient?

Bullshit.

Of course you are.

Explain to me how you are going to argue against the procedure when it is required for the abortion pill? Non surgical abortions require this.

Because if you want the transvaginal ultrasound banned, how are abortionists going to be able to properly designate which procedure to apply to the patient?

It's one thing for the doctor to require TVU prior to performing an abortion - but it's quite another for a state to require TVU before a woman can undergo an otherwise legal abortion. It's just more back door eroding of Roe v. Wade.

Yeah, the extremist anti-choicer Republicans are pretty clearly queer when it comes to issues of human sexuality.

Woman basically frighten them.

just take a step back for a minute and look at this issue without emotion.

roe v wade is not going to be over turned (and, to be honest, i'm not sure all republicans want it to be since so many republicans have abortions). so the next best thing is to try to do an end around on that ruling. how do you do that? you have to make the woman not want an abortion. that's what this is.

Yeah, the extremist anti-choicer Republicans are pretty clearly queer when it comes to issues of human sexuality.

Woman basically frighten them.

Whack-a-doo extremist anti-life liberal Democratics are pretty clearly quiffy dip-shits when it comes to female genitals.

Vaginas terrify rderp. And face it; rderp is the poster quiffy dip-shit for the liberal Democratics.

---- Del. David Elgin

A state voted on it and passed it.
Don't move to Virginia, pussy.

Repubs evidently think that IF and WHEN a state votes on a health care issue, then that is the end of the matter.

Then please let me point out another health care issue that was voted on and passed by the Congress of the USA for the citizens of the USA; THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT.

YOU FUCKING REPUBS DON'T LIKE IT, MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY.;

Va House set to enact mandatory invasive ultrasound probe for women who seek abortions
Text Size PrintE-mailReprints
By Associated Press, Published: February 13

RICHMOND, Va. — House of Delegates Republicans have rejected a last-ditch bid by Democrats to allow women seeking abortions to opt out of an invasive ultrasonic procedure under anti-abortion legislation set for a final House vote Tuesday.

Legislation that has advanced on the strength of a GOP majority would force women to undergo a “transvaginal ultrasound” that produces fetal images.

Va House set to enact mandatory invasive ultrasound probe for women who seek abortions - The Washington Post

GOP is delivering on its promise of an unprecedented conservative turnaround in Va legislature - dailypress.com

House Republicans muscle abortion restrictions to passage over passionate Democratic protests

And on a 63-36 vote, the House passed a bill that requires women to have a "transvaginal ultrasound" before undergoing abortions.

House Republicans muscle abortion restrictions to passage over passionate Democratic protests - dailypress.com

Republicans want big government to invade a woman's Va Jay Jay? Really?

Thas nasty.

Here we have a real example of intrusive big government.

Without even reading the rest of the thread I'll bet that not one rightwingloon thinks this is a bad idea. In fact they are applauding it.

Bullshit.

Of course you are.

That's the Republican line. Pretending something like this "necessary".

Right wingers scream I make this stuff up. Stuff like this wouldn't even enter my mind. Why they get mad at me for spelling out their policies is a mystery.

And the ultrasound legislation would constitute an unprecedented government mandate to insert vaginal ultrasonic probes into women as part of a state-ordered effort to dissuade them from terminating pregnancies, legislative opponents noted.
Are they fucking serious? This is rape.

If the cons here aren't against this then I will never believe another thing they say when they whine about big government.

Forum List

Back