GOP congressman with district on TX border slams the wall............

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
This evening, on the local news, they were talking about the GOP congressman who has one of the largest southern border districts slammed the wall, so I went looking for a print story so I could link to it. He said it was expensive, and wouldn't be as effective as everyone thinks.

This is a Republican saying this you all. And, his district is one that covers a LOT of the southern border.

Texas GOP congressman slams Trump plan for border wall

The Republican congressman whose district includes more miles of U.S.-Mexico border than any other came out against President Trump’s new executive action ordering the “immediate construction” of a border wall to block undocumented immigrants from entering the United States.

“Building a wall is the most expensive and least effective way to secure the border,” Rep. Will Hurd (R-Tex.) said in a statement late Wednesday.

“Each section of the border faces unique geographical, cultural, and technological challenges that would be best addressed with a flexible, sector-by-sector approach that empowers the agents on the ground with the resources they need.”

Hurd, one of 38 Texans in Congress, represents territory stretching from San Antonio to El Paso, including 800 miles of border. His 23rd District is majority-Hispanic and politically competitive: Hurd won a second term over Democrat Pete Gallego by fewer than 4,000 votes in November.

The Republican congressman whose district includes more miles of U.S.-Mexico border than any other came out against President Trump’s new executive action ordering the “immediate construction” of a border wall to block undocumented immigrants from entering the United States.

“Building a wall is the most expensive and least effective way to secure the border,” Rep. Will Hurd (R-Tex.) said in a statement late Wednesday.

Do they all know that? Of course they do. That is why, during full control of Congress, Trump couldn't secure funding for the boondoggle.

So, now we have one GOP Congressman telling the truth. Maybe more will follow suit, until there's a veto-proof majority in both Houses of Congress for a funding bill.

Now... if you think about it, that would be Trump, in all his glorious incompetence and insanity, spurring an instance of reason and compromise in Congress. Who guessed?

Last edited:
But Debbie.................he's a GOP congressman with an actual district on the southern border. He's got to know better than Trump.

While i dont support a wall, im pretty sure trump has stated we dont need a fence along the entire border.
So im not sure this is a "gotcha" like some might have assumed.

Plus im pretty sure the border the border patrol support a wall. Im positive they know better than trump and some state congressman.

Nancy and Chuckie can open the border in the morning. Fund the wall.
I thought Mexico was going to fund the wall? LOL.

The moron-in-chief doesn't need any help from Chuck or Nancy to end the shutdown. The moron-in-chief can end the shutdown all by himself.

This evening, on the local news, they were talking about the GOP congressman who has one of the largest southern border districts slammed the wall, so I went looking for a print story so I could link to it. He said it was expensive, and wouldn't be as effective as everyone thinks.

This is a Republican saying this you all. And, his district is one that covers a LOT of the southern border.

“Each section of the border faces unique geographical, cultural, and technological challenges that would be best addressed with a flexible, sector-by-sector approach that empowers the agents on the ground with the resources they need.”

Hurd, one of 38 Texans in Congress, represents territory stretching from San Antonio to El Paso, including 800 miles of border. His 23rd District is majority-Hispanic and politically competitive: Hurd won a second term over Democrat Pete Gallego by fewer than 4,000 votes in November.

Wow, 1 guy, I'm really impressed. LMAO

Old news, douchebag. His district is 70% Hispanic.

I agree with my fellow Aggie. His district is not the priority for a wall.

Well south of San Antonio, down in The Valley, is where construction needs to start.

But Debbie.................he's a GOP congressman with an actual district on the southern border. He's got to know better than Trump.

One of 38 texans in Congress Biker.....yeah they may not all be on the border, but one would think on the same page.....seems they could have some clout in that #60 we keep hearing about?

So maybe Texans aren't quite as buffalo'd as the rest of America......?

Maybe they're for the 'smart wall' , which the Dems (i think?) offered up?

And word on that? IIRC, the vote was Thurs afternoon.....?

~S~

Forum List

Back