GOP effort to stop illegal immigrants being counted for House districts, Electoral College shot down in Senate

Again, works on the assumption that our machinery could work that fast.

There's a reason why we only deport 400,000 a year. The courts are already clogged up.

Then we change the laws to speed up the situation. And we stop allowing obvious non asylum seekers claiming asylum.

An effort by Senate Republicans to stop non-citizens, including illegal immigrants, from being counted on the census for the purposes of apportionment for House seats and the Electoral College was shot down later Friday after the measure failed to gain the support of a single Democrat.

Sen. Bill Hagerty, R-Tenn., moved to include an amendment, attached to the $460 billion spending package, that would require the Census Bureau to include a citizenship question in any future census, and then bar anyone who isn't a U.S. citizen from being counted for purposes of congressional district and Electoral College apportionment.
GOP effort to stop illegal immigrants being counted for House districts, Electoral College shot down in Senate | Fox News

The entire Democrat party is guilty of subversion. All illegals need to be deported. Build them rafts and drop them 100 miles off the coast.

It’s a declaration of war

Says you.

Again, you guys kind of get this all wrong. YOu need to go after the white people who hire them. Going after the immigrants is pointless, there are plenty more where they came from.

yes, because destroying our remaining industrial and commercial base by ruining companies is the way to go.

/sarcasm.

Um, okay, they can't hire Americans? They have to hire illegals?

That sounds like a good reason to allow illegals because Americans don't want those jobs.

To allow immigration, not illegals. and we have a vast over-educated pool of whiny little twats who could use some good old fashioned hard work to teach them reality.

Or not.

I wouldn't want to do the jobs illegals are doing. I've spent a lifetime gaining skills so I wouldn't have to do them.

And we have plenty of young idiots who have gained nothing but credentials without any applicable skills.

Instead of all becoming Starbucks baristas they can work the chicken processing plant lines.

Then we change the laws to speed up the situation. And we stop allowing obvious non asylum seekers claiming asylum.
And, appoint more courts to handle the flow created, or restrict the incoming flow to level that can be handle efficiently. There was no plan for handling, as if somebody was too stupid to know what they were putting in motion, or worse, were supremely aware, doing it on purpose, not allocating or planning resources on purpose, in order to overwhelm the system.

Last edited:
And, appoint more courts to handle the flow created, or restrict the incoming flow to level that can be handle efficiently. There was no plan for handling, as if somebody was too stupid to know what they were putting in motion, or worse, were supremely aware, doing it on purpose, not allocating or planning resources on purpose, in order to overwhelm the system.

The Dems want as many people here as possible in limbo so their calls for amnesty will have more backing.

The Dems want as many people here as possible in limbo so their calls for amnesty will have more backing.
I cannot say, I disagree. I cannot imagine, why. There should be no amnesty, without positive proof, they should not have individual amnesty, ever.

Last edited:
I cannot say, I disagree. I cannot imagine, why. There should be no amnesty, without positive proof, they should not have individual amnesty, ever.

It's the blanket amnesty that the Dems want. So they can do it again in 20 years.

But keep preferring Dems in office because of mean tweets.

It's the blanket amnesty that the Dems want. So they can do it again in 20 years.

But keep preferring Dems in office because of mean tweets.
Immigration, as important as it certainly is, is not my singular primary issue in the upcoming election. It is just the one most likely to see me posting against an actual Biden policy, or lack of a coherent one, as the case may be.

Forum List

Back