GOP effort to stop illegal immigrants being counted for House districts, Electoral College shot down in Senate

Oh, it's very material, as you interp on the Constitution is wrong. SCOTUS is not going to change for your wishes.

if you actually read the fucking thread, I am saying to limit the census and the counts to Citizens and Legal Permanent Residents only you would need an amendment.

3/5ths of them. And excluded Indians not taxed. They also counted indentured servants as whole persons.
Most people misunderstand what indentures were and were not. And during brief periods in the colonies, indentured servants came over by the boatloads, but were not as common or numerous as people believe.

There's a great story I read about in a book written by Bernard Bailyn: The Peopling of British North America

Found an online link to the story of one John Harrower.

“Many Hundreds are Sterving for Want of Employment”: John Harrower Leaves London for Virginia, 1774

Migration across the Atlantic often involved a series of stages, drawing people to London before they embarked on their journey. John Harrower, a 40-year-old shopkeeper and tradesman, lived in the far north of the British Isles. Like many of the 40,000 residents of the Scottish Highlands who left after 1760, he faced poverty and little opportunity. Harrower initially planned to travel to the Netherlands but ended up in London. The great metropolis, the largest in the western world, swelled as thousands looked unsuccessfully for employment. After several weeks, Harrower signed an indenture to travel to Virginia as a schoolmaster. He sailed with 71 other male indentees, some from London, but many others from across England and Ireland. With his relatively privileged training, Harrower was fortunate and found a new life on a tidewater plantation. These excerpts from his journal tell of his time in London, journey across the Atlantic, and arrival in Virginia.

if you actually read the fucking thread, I am saying to limit the census and the counts to Citizens and Legal Permanent Residents only you would need an amendment.
I know what you are saying. The 'others' pay taxes, marty, and they deserve representation, imo, but not the vote.

Most people misunderstand what indentures were and were not. And during brief periods in the colonies, indentured servants came over by the boatloads, but were not as common or numerous as people believe.

There's a great story I read about in a book written by Bernard Bailyn: The Peopling of British North America

Found an online link to the story of one John Harrower.

“Many Hundreds are Sterving for Want of Employment”: John Harrower Leaves London for Virginia, 1774

Migration across the Atlantic often involved a series of stages, drawing people to London before they embarked on their journey. John Harrower, a 40-year-old shopkeeper and tradesman, lived in the far north of the British Isles. Like many of the 40,000 residents of the Scottish Highlands who left after 1760, he faced poverty and little opportunity. Harrower initially planned to travel to the Netherlands but ended up in London. The great metropolis, the largest in the western world, swelled as thousands looked unsuccessfully for employment. After several weeks, Harrower signed an indenture to travel to Virginia as a schoolmaster. He sailed with 71 other male indentees, some from London, but many others from across England and Ireland. With his relatively privileged training, Harrower was fortunate and found a new life on a tidewater plantation. These excerpts from his journal tell of his time in London, journey across the Atlantic, and arrival in Virginia.

Bernard Bailyn: The Peopling of British North America

I know what you are saying. The 'others' pay taxes, marty, and they deserve representation, imo, but not the vote.

No, they do not deserve it, unless they came here legally and applied for permanent residency.

And to get that a Constitutional amendment is in order.

Then you post the words, from the Census law, you fucking lazy prick.

I quote what the Constitution says, which is the final word on all of this.

an illegal alien is not a resident,, nor a free person,,
at best they are a visitor and the more accurate word would be intruder or squatter,,

the constitution doesnt even say that,,

so go fuck yourself you progressive prick,,

an illegal alien is not a resident,, nor a free person,,
at best they are a visitor and the more accurate word would be intruder or squatter,,

the constitution doesnt even say that,,

so go fuck yourself you progressive prick,,

They are a person, and they are not an Indian not Taxed.

I am a strict constructionist. You are like the leftists who ignore the Constitution when it suits you.

In that way you are no better than JoeB.

They are a person, and they are not an Indian not Taxed.

I am a strict constructionist. You are like the leftists who ignore the Constitution when it suits you.

In that way you are no better than JoeB.
next you will tell me a terrorist or invading army should be counted,,

go fuck yourself,,

next you will tell me a terrorist or invading army should be counted,,

go fuck yourself,,

I think the census takers would have a hard time with that.

The issue is letting the stay in the first place. The fix is removing them and amending the Constitution so they don't get counted, thus removing the incentive for states to let them keep coming.

This isn't an easy problem to fix.

I think the census takers would have a hard time with that.

The issue is letting the stay in the first place. The fix is removing them and amending the Constitution so they don't get counted, thus removing the incentive for states to let them keep coming.

This isn't an easy problem to fix.
save it already,,

youve more than proven you dont give a shit about the constitution or this country and just want to play word games instead of defending this country from invasion of terrorists and human smugglers,,

the problem is easy,, we have a legal point of entry,, so either use it or fuck off,,

They need to come here legally. if they didn't, they can go back and apply properly.
Being here illegally is a different matter then representation. DACA can be processed here. The others on a case by case basis. I do think no one should now enter until their hearing date.

save it already,,

youve more than proven you dont give a shit about the constitution or this country and just want to play word games instead of defending this country from invasion of terrorists and human smugglers,,

the problem is easy,, we have a legal point of entry,, so either use it or fuck off,,

Mokusatsu.

Being here illegally is a different matter then representation. DACA can be processed here. The others on a case by case basis. I do think no one should now enter until their hearing date.

DACA is bullshit. Send em all back, and they can come here under our rules.

It should be part of representation, and the way to fix it is an amendment limiting the census to citizens and legal permanent residents.

DACA is bullshit. Send em all back, and they can come here under our rules.

It should be part of representation, and the way to fix it is an amendment limiting the census to citizens and legal permanent residents.
You will lose on DACA. There will be no amendment, as well.

Forum List

Back