GOP facing a 2018 election ‘bloodbath’ over chaotic Trumpcare roll out: analysts

brummelben

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2016
Less than 60 days into the presidency of Donald Trump, analysts are saying that the political fallout could doom the Republican Party to an electoral bloodbath in the 2018 elections.

Politico.com reported Wednesday that the GOP’s floundering effort to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act is shaping up to be the defining issue of the election cycle, “one big enough to rattle the foundations of Donald Trump-era Washington and beyond.”

Politico’s Gabriel Debenedetti said that the “blast radius of failure” will not stop at gaining majorities in the House and Senate, but could rival the Tea Party wave that handed statehouses and governors’ mansions across the country to far-right Republicans in 2010.

He pointed to efforts by both Pres. Bill Clinton in 1994 and Barack Obama in 2009 to improve the U.S. healthcare system — both of which were followed by historic ballot box defeats

Pretty early to predict much, but I don't see America putting up with the crap they are trying to pull for much longer.

Lindsey Graham is correct...let it die on its own. It will force democrats to act

The part where they say dems tried to improve the healthcare system is particularly deceptive.

The part where they say dems tried to improve the healthcare system is particularly deceptive.
Numerous attempts were made during the Obama years to make necessary corrections to the ACA. Republicans refused, it was always party over country

Lindsey Graham is correct...let it die on its own. It will force democrats to act
Democrats cannot act, they are in the minority

It will bring them to the table....remember not one republican voted for Obamacare..if the thing collapses democrats are going to pay the piper
If anything should happen to the ACA it will be known that the republicans refused to do anything to help it

Politico "analysts"? LOL
Yes, sweetie, people who know far more than you ever will

Like this....punkin? Sit down

THE POLITICO CAUCUS

Democratic insiders near-certain of Clinton win
'The race tightened post-Comey letter, but has settled back into a small but significant Hillary lead,' said a Colorado Democrat.

I guess that everyone lacks your perfection

Politico "analysts"? LOL

THE POLITICO CAUCUS

'The race tightened post-Comey letter, but has settled back into a small but significant Hillary lead,' said a Colorado Democrat.

You certainly do...punkin

It will bring them to the table....remember not one republican voted for Obamacare..if the thing collapses democrats are going to pay the piper
If anything should happen to the ACA it will be known that the republicans refused to do anything to help it

Actually no....the dems own it

Politico "analysts"? LOL

THE POLITICO CAUCUS

You certainly do...punkin
Not just me, hand job, everyone

[

Really? You claimed last week they would impeach Trump. :dunno:

I know, you have no clue what you're saying, the Soros Hate Sites post talking point and you recite them, you have no idea what they mean....

Actually no....the dems own it
whatever you think, why argue with incompetence

[

Really? You claimed last week they would impeach Trump. :dunno:

I know, you have no clue what you're saying, the Soros Hate Sites post talking point and you recite them, you have no idea what they mean....
I never said that, but with a few moderate republicans who have beed fed up with Rump since the get go, it will happen

Forum List

Back