GOP in Texas teaching women a sobering lesson. If you don't vote, the GOP is what you get.

R

rdean

Not only did HB 2 make abortion less accessible and more expensive, it also changed the kind of procedures some women are able to receive. Thirty-seven percent of women whose nearest clinic closed had to get a surgical procedure instead of the pill-basedmedical abortion they originally wanted. The abortion pill is generally used within the first nine weeks of pregnancy, which means that women facing delay getting to—or getting an appointment at—their nearest clinic may miss the window. Texas prohibits the use of telemedicine to dispense this medication, requiring women to collect the prescription in person.

Overall, 36 percent of women whose nearest clinic closed said that obtaining an abortion was difficult compared to a still-sobering 18 percent of women whose nearest clinic stayed open.

“This study is unusual in its ability to assess multiple burdens imposed on women as a result of clinic closures, but it is important to note that the burdens documented here are not the only hardships that women experienced as a result of HB2,” said Liza Fuentes, one of the authors of the study.

Indeed, a smaller study co-authored by Fuentes and published in Contraception found that some women were not able to receive an abortion at all because their clinics had closed and the travel burdens were insurmountable.

Texas Women Travel Farther, Pay More for Abortion

--------------------------------------

Republicans are never satisfied with taking away only some of your rights. They want them all.

Question. What has happened to the rate of abortions and the rate of "morning after pill" prescriptions since HB 2 was enacted in Texas?

I find it fascinating the obviously slanted article to which you linked made no mention of it.

Ever heard of birth control before the fact? Personal responsibility? I know that sounds foreign to you, but it works.

Ever heard of birth control before the fact? Personal responsibility? I know that sounds foreign to you, but it works.
All legitimate rape victims should insist on birth control first. It's the responsible thing to do.

Rape victims can go to any hospital to get access to the day after pill.

And-

texasmapbeforeafter.gif
All legitimate rape victims should insist on birth control first. It's the responsible thing to do.

These women were all raped?
Nope. But they make great human shields to divert attention away from the 99% of abortions that have nothing to do with rape or incest.

Isn't that a great tactic? Using the victims of some of the most heinous crimes as human shields.

Pretty sick, isn't it?

You have no concept about victims.
Sorry, your post is a fail.

why wouldn't a rape victim take a 'morning-after pill'.....instead of waiting 5 months later to have an abortion......?

why wouldn't a rape victim take a 'morning-after pill'.....instead of waiting 5 months later to have an abortion......?
how so?

a rape victim that becomes pregnant means doubling the victims if she goes through an abortion....

To answer part of the question I asked, it appears the rate of abortion has dropped since the 2011 legislation. Abortions had been declining for some time in Texas, but the decline accelerated after the 2011 legislation.

The rate of unintended pregnancies also declined.

http://www.politifact.com/texas/sta...bbott-defunding-planned-parenthood-preceded-/

Over this span, annual percentage drops ranged from less than 1 percent (2009 to 2010) to 5 percent (from 2008 to 2009) to 7 percent (from 2010 to 2011 and 2012 to 2013). And in 2014, there may have been a greater plummet; Williams said the state’s abortion count for that year isn’t final but the "provisional" count is 54,191 abortions. If that holds up, it would represent 9,658 fewer abortions than in 2013 — a 15 percent single-year decrease.

15 percent is a significant decrease over the norm.

Politifact denies any causative effects of the legislation, and says it is false to claim there is a connection. However, they do not have any other explanation for the plunge in abortions, and they are probably exposing a left wing bias by denying the obvious.

Are you a woman?

And actually, a woman can walk into a pharmacy and get the morning after pill.

The abortion pill is generally used within the first nine weeks of pregnancy, which means that women facing delay getting to—or getting an appointment at—their nearest clinic may miss the window

This is a total crock of shit. Women in Texas can buy the Plan B pill without a prescription at any corner pharmacy.

They don't need an appointment at their nearest clinic.

how so?

a rape victim that becomes pregnant means doubling the victims if she goes through an abortion....
Only to a sick mind like yours.

With all of this talk about women not having access to abortion, no one brings up something that the pro-abortion lobby was ecstatic about: Plan B now can legally be sold to women and girls without a prescription, and is available at every corner pharmacy – including in Texas. A quick morning after pill can be obtained any day by any man and given to his underage girlfriend, no problem. He can do this several times a month if need be. These days if a girl needs a surgical abortion and has to drive an hour, she passed up some easier solutions (abstinence, contraception, Plan B).

Why Are Texas Abortion Law Opponents Ignoring Their Plan B Victory?

depotoo has no concept of what a women feels about this issue.

Ask a woman, depotoo.

how so?

Only to a sick mind like yours.
what makes me sick is posters like you....

Forum List

Back