🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GOP leaders to skip Selma event

Obama: Selma Got Me Born

Senator Obama might be considered guilty of engaging in little pandering here by trying to imply a direct line between the 1965 Selma, Alabama, marches and his personal background (since he was speaking in Selma at the time). However, the tenor of his speech was how the overall growth and progress of the Civil Rights movement affected the outlook of blacks (including his family), both in the U.S. and abroad. That movement did not start with the 1965 marches in Selma; it was a process that began and grew across the years, including among its landmark events the 1955-56 bus boycott in Montgomery (which occurred several years before Barack Obama was born, and before his father left Africa for the U.S.) and the 1963 anti-segregation protests in Birmingham — all of which (along with the Selma marches) took place in Alabama, and all of which were referenced by Senator Obama in his speech that day:

Yet something happened back here in Selma, Alabama. Something happened in Birmingham that sent out what Bobby Kennedy called, "Ripples of hope all around the world." Something happened when a bunch of women decided they were going to walk instead of ride the bus after a long day of doing somebody else's laundry, looking after somebody else's children. When men who had PhD's decided that's enough and we're going to stand up for our dignity. That sent a shout across oceans so that my grandfather began to imagine something different for his son. His son, who grew up herding goats in a small village in Africa could suddenly set his sights a little higher and believe that maybe a black man in this world had a chance.

What happened in Selma, Alabama and Birmingham also stirred the conscience of the nation.​

More: snopes.com: Say What, Barack?

Why do NaziCons always try to spread lies and ignore context? The civil rights events leading up to Selma did get Obama born.

Thanks for posting this. I was just going to ignore their lies because facts mean nothing to them. Not a damn thing.

Fugly, cut this out, and post it in front of your screen, you dumb bitch!!

IT'S YOU TO A "T"!!!!:ahole-1::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

dJI9Gb4.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I was just going to ignore their lies because facts mean nothing to them. Not a damn thing.

Obama is the one who ignored facts and made shit up to sound good. He lies. How can you take any of his words seriously? He said what the teleprompter told him to say. Whoever writes his speeches looks at the polls and figures out what people want to hear, then types it into TOTUS. Obama reads it and then people think he's brilliant, at least until TOTUS malfunctions and Obama stands there going um, er, ah, because he is incapable of just speaking from the heart.

...What could be more significant than Selma?
A good burger?
You revel in your own ignorance.

He made a joke :ahole-1:, the difference is that YOU ARE A FUCKING JOKE!

You should be on the DNC payroll. You're the poster child for why sane people should vote Democrat. Thank you!
My, my, my... I don't think you liked his explanation... or my light-hearted dig... oh, dearie-me... such angst...

A good burger?

You should be on the DNC payroll. You're the poster child for why sane people should vote Democrat. Thank you!

Nice SPIN squaw, that why you've been here 5 years before me, and have such a SHIT rating from your peers! You simply SUCK at anything that even resembles the truth! BUT, I bet I can name 3-4 posters here that are on the DNC payroll, can't we Squaw?

A good burger?

Nice SPIN squaw, that why you've been here 5 years before me, and have such a SHIT rating from your peers! You simply SUCK at anything that even resembles the truth! BUT, I bet I can name 3-4 posters here that are on the DNC payroll, can't we Squaw?

Possibly...

A good burger?

Possibly...

Well THAT was close to a truth.... You still have one more truth you're allowed under Alinsky's rules! ...It really isn't hard spotting YOU people. I only wish the RNC would pay me, but the power elite there HATES me almost as much as you pond scum do! Truth cuts BOTH WAYS!

B_ZbHC1VAAEOM-U-1.jpg

I don't really get why Repubs act this way. Can one of you explain?

Seems they don't want to be seen in public with Obama

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't like to be seen with with any black people.

Another :ahole-1: who's avatar of the founder of the progressive party has NOTHING to do with the usurpation of the CommiecRAT party today... Oh, and who are these, Uncle and Aunt Tom's I expect you'd say!

ae6bba853820cb9140feee503673989f.jpg

Where was Rush Limbaugh?

And what would Rush do there? Would they give him a platform to talk about MLK? would the racist shits, such as Sharpton, Jackson, and Obuma have their protesters make a big fucking scene, talking shit about THE WHITE MAN? Face it, it's a PROPAGANDA promotion of the radical left, usurping what was once a legitimate civil rights march, where RACIST DEMOCRAT POLICE of the South beat 80+ people into a bloody pulp. Your comment are awaited rightewingnut.

You too Fugly, I LOVE slapping your stupid ass around on a variety of topics!
Didn't see much coverage on Fox

Maybe they had important things to report? Look, not everybody is consumed by white guilt like you are. Get over it and stop looking like a whiny fool
What could be more significant than Selma?
Yes, to the propaganda crowd, this is significant! To RACIAL HARMONY, it's just another NAIL in the road to that end!

Selma was far from a symbol of racial harmony. It held up a mirror to our faces and let us see that we were not the nation we thought we were

Senator Obama might be considered guilty of engaging in little pandering here by trying to imply a direct line between the 1965 Selma, Alabama, marches and his personal background (since he was speaking in Selma at the time). However, the tenor of his speech was how the overall growth and progress of the Civil Rights movement affected the outlook of blacks (including his family), both in the U.S. and abroad. That movement did not start with the 1965 marches in Selma; it was a process that began and grew across the years, including among its landmark events the 1955-56 bus boycott in Montgomery (which occurred several years before Barack Obama was born, and before his father left Africa for the U.S.) and the 1963 anti-segregation protests in Birmingham — all of which (along with the Selma marches) took place in Alabama, and all of which were referenced by Senator Obama in his speech that day:

Yet something happened back here in Selma, Alabama. Something happened in Birmingham that sent out what Bobby Kennedy called, "Ripples of hope all around the world." Something happened when a bunch of women decided they were going to walk instead of ride the bus after a long day of doing somebody else's laundry, looking after somebody else's children. When men who had PhD's decided that's enough and we're going to stand up for our dignity. That sent a shout across oceans so that my grandfather began to imagine something different for his son. His son, who grew up herding goats in a small village in Africa could suddenly set his sights a little higher and believe that maybe a black man in this world had a chance.

What happened in Selma, Alabama and Birmingham also stirred the conscience of the nation.​

More: snopes.com Say What Barack

Why do NaziCons always try to spread lies and ignore context? The civil rights events leading up to Selma did get Obama born.

IGNORE CONTEXT, what LIES SNOPES spreads... we HEARD HIM say if it wasn't for Selma, Barack Jr. won't be here!!!!!!

More PROPAGANDA from SNOPES the Left Wings favored source of lies, spin and manipulation. The fucking guy LIED to make it look like HE was a part of Selma, when his parents were 10,000 miles away in Africa, and Indonesia. along with baby B. Hussein!!!!

What we can be sure of is that if Barack Obamas father had been in Selma in 1965, he would have been lynched

And what would Rush do there? Would they give him a platform to talk about MLK? would the racist shits, such as Sharpton, Jackson, and Obuma have their protesters make a big fucking scene, talking shit about THE WHITE MAN? Face it, it's a PROPAGANDA promotion of the radical left, usurping what was once a legitimate civil rights march, where RACIST DEMOCRAT POLICE of the South beat 80+ people into a bloody pulp. Your comment are awaited rightewingnut.

You too Fugly, I LOVE slapping your stupid ass around on a variety of topics!
Didn't see much coverage on Fox

Maybe they had important things to report? Look, not everybody is consumed by white guilt like you are. Get over it and stop looking like a whiny fool
What could be more significant than Selma?
Yes, to the propaganda crowd, this is significant! To RACIAL HARMONY, it's just another NAIL in the road to that end!

Selma was far from a symbol of racial harmony. It held up a mirror to our faces and let us see that we were not the nation we thought we were

That's HISTORY...WELL KNOWN, what THIS IS TODAY is PROPAGANDA, and putting another NAIL in the Road To Harmony between the races! And about Obuma's LIE?????

African-American Civil Rights Movement (1954–68)

The African-American Civil Rights Movement or 1960s Civil Rights Movement encompasses social movements in the United States whose goals were to end racial segregation and discrimination against black Americans and to secure legal recognition and federal protection of the citizenship rights enumerated in the Constitution and federal law. This article covers the phase of the movement between 1954 and 1968, particularly in the South.

The movement was characterized by major campaigns of civil resistance. Between 1955 and 1968, acts of nonviolent protest and civil disobedience produced crisis situations and productive dialogues between activists and government authorities. Federal, state, and local governments, businesses, and communities often had to respond immediately to these situations that highlighted the inequities faced by African Americans. Forms of protest and/or civil disobedience included boycotts such as the successful Montgomery Bus Boycott (1955–56) in Alabama; "sit-ins" such as the influential Greensboro sit-ins (1960) in North Carolina; marches, such as the Selma to Montgomery marches (1965) in Alabama; and a wide range of other nonviolent activities.

More: African-American Civil Rights Movement 1954 68 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Selma was the culmination that got Obama born.

IGNORE CONTEXT, what LIES SNOPES spreads... we HEARD HIM say if it wasn't for Selma, Barack Jr. won't be here!!!!!!

More PROPAGANDA from SNOPES the Left Wings favored source of lies, spin and manipulation. The fucking guy LIED to make it look like HE was a part of Selma, when his parents were 10,000 miles away in Africa, and Indonesia. along with baby B. Hussein!!!!

What we can be sure of is that if Barack Obamas father had been in Selma in 1965, he would have been lynched

Was ANYONE LYNCHED at SELMA in 1965.... Put up, or declare yourself a fucking, lying asshole.....:ahole-1:

The African-American Civil Rights Movement or 1960s Civil Rights Movement encompasses social movements in the United States whose goals were to end racial segregation and discrimination against black Americans and to secure legal recognition and federal protection of the citizenship rights enumerated in the Constitution and federal law. This article covers the phase of the movement between 1954 and 1968, particularly in the South.

The movement was characterized by major campaigns of civil resistance. Between 1955 and 1968, acts of nonviolent protest and civil disobedience produced crisis situations and productive dialogues between activists and government authorities. Federal, state, and local governments, businesses, and communities often had to respond immediately to these situations that highlighted the inequities faced by African Americans. Forms of protest and/or civil disobedience included boycotts such as the successful Montgomery Bus Boycott (1955–56) in Alabama; "sit-ins" such as the influential Greensboro sit-ins (1960) in North Carolina; marches, such as the Selma to Montgomery marches (1965) in Alabama; and a wide range of other nonviolent activities.

More: African-American Civil Rights Movement 1954 68 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

No...he was born FOUR YEARS before Selma, and his parents were10,000 miles away in Africa, and Indonesia, as was Barry!... You got bitch slapped for this in another thread, want to make it a HAT TRICK, and start another useless Selma thread?

Was ANYONE LYNCHED at SELMA in 1965.... Put up, or declare yourself a fucking, lying asshole.....:ahole-1:

They don't call it "Bloody Sunday" for nothing.

No...he was born FOUR YEARS before Selma, and his parents were10,000 miles away in Africa, and Indonesia, as was Barry!... You got bitch slapped for this in another thread, want to make it a HAT TRICK, and start another useless Selma thread?

What other thread?

They don't call it "Bloody Sunday" for nothing.

Yes, about 80 people were beaten bloody by racist Southern Democrat police! Not a soul was killed

Forum List

Back