🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GOP leaders to skip Selma event

There's a lot of scum on this forum - but Vigilante is by far the scummiest of them all.

IKNOWYOU_zps8c077bf4.gif

African-American Civil Rights Movement (1954–68)

The African-American Civil Rights Movement or 1960s Civil Rights Movement encompasses social movements in the United States whose goals were to end racial segregation and discrimination against black Americans and to secure legal recognition and federal protection of the citizenship rights enumerated in the Constitution and federal law. This article covers the phase of the movement between 1954 and 1968, particularly in the South.

The movement was characterized by major campaigns of civil resistance. Between 1955 and 1968, acts of nonviolent protest and civil disobedience produced crisis situations and productive dialogues between activists and government authorities. Federal, state, and local governments, businesses, and communities often had to respond immediately to these situations that highlighted the inequities faced by African Americans. Forms of protest and/or civil disobedience included boycotts such as the successful Montgomery Bus Boycott (1955–56) in Alabama; "sit-ins" such as the influential Greensboro sit-ins (1960) in North Carolina; marches, such as the Selma to Montgomery marches (1965) in Alabama; and a wide range of other nonviolent activities.

More: African-American Civil Rights Movement 1954 68 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Selma was the culmination that got Obama born.

No...he was born FOUR YEARS before Selma, and his parents were10,000 miles away in Africa, and Indonesia, as was Barry!... You got bitch slapped for this in another thread, want to make it a HAT TRICK, and start another useless Selma thread?

What other thread?

I repeat - What other thread?
Selma 50 yr anniversary thread Page 4 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I never posted in that thread. I didn't even know it existed. You lying, dishonorable piece of shit.

Oh, I must have confused your bullshit here with rightwingnuts bullshit there!

No...he was born FOUR YEARS before Selma, and his parents were10,000 miles away in Africa, and Indonesia, as was Barry!... You got bitch slapped for this in another thread, want to make it a HAT TRICK, and start another useless Selma thread?

What other thread?

I repeat - What other thread?
Selma 50 yr anniversary thread Page 4 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I never posted in that thread. I didn't even know it existed. You lying, dishonorable piece of shit.

No, you simply LIED.

What we can be sure of is that if Barack Obamas father had been in Selma in 1965, he would have been lynched

Was ANYONE LYNCHED at SELMA in 1965.... Put up, or declare yourself a fucking, lying asshole.....:ahole-1:
Were there any black men marching with their white wives and mixed race child?

I have no idea, but "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???"

Ask Emmett Till

Another wrongful death...want to compare Vietnam deaths now?

So 60,000 soldiers needlessly killed somehow negates a child being tortured and killed?

From the conservative National Review:

The GOP’s Conspicuous Absence from Selma

On the 50th anniversary of the historic march for civil rights, Republicans are largely no-shows.

By declining to join, Ohio representative Marsha Fudge told Politico, the GOP has “lost an opportunity to show the American people that they care.” Fudge is, of course, entirely correct. But the absence is far, far worse than that. By electing to skip the proceedings — and to send a former president and a handful of congressional representatives in lieu — the Republican leadership suggests that it does not recognize what Selma represents within America’s long history of public dissent.

*snip*

If we are to regard the founding generation as being worthy of contemporary political lionization — and we most assuredly should — then we must consider those who marched at Selma to be so, too. If we are to put George Washington upon our plinths, and to eulogize him on our currency, we must agree to elevate Martin Luther King Jr. to the same dizzy heights. They are less famous, perhaps, but by virtue of their brave march across the Edmund Pettus Bridge, John Lewis and Hosea Williams immortalized themselves into quintessential American heroes in the mold of Sam Adams and George Mason. To miss an opportunity to solemnize their daring is to blunder, disgracefully.

If all men really are created equal, the anniversary of Selma must be treated as a date every bit as important to American history as is the end of the Siege of Yorktown. As it would be unthinkable for the leadership of the Republican party to ignore July Fourth, it should be unthinkable for its luminaries not to celebrate the anniversary of the March to Montgomery either. Where have you gone, Speaker Boehner, a movement turns its lonely eyes to you.

Was ANYONE LYNCHED at SELMA in 1965.... Put up, or declare yourself a fucking, lying asshole.....:ahole-1:

Ask Emmett Till

So 60,000 soldiers needlessly killed somehow negates a child being tortured and killed?

Equivalency....isn't THAT what you left wingers are all about? Sorry, black get killed everyday in Chicago, by OTHER BLACKS...Kids, old, women... want to talk about EQUIVALENCY, let's talk blacks killing blacks in numbers unheard of in Selma!

‘They’ve lost an opportunity to show the American people that they care,’ one black lawmaker says.

Scores of U.S. lawmakers are converging on tiny Selma, Alabama, for a large commemoration of a civil rights anniversary. But their ranks don’t include a single member of House Republican leadership — a point that isn’t lost on congressional black leaders.

None of the top leaders — House Speaker John Boehner, Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy or Majority Whip Steve Scalise, who was once thought likely to attend to atone for reports that he once spoke before a white supremacist group — will be in Selma for the three-day event that commemorates the 1965 march and the violence that protesters faced at the hands of white police officers. A number of rank-and-file Republicans have been aggressively lobbying their colleagues to attend, and several black lawmakers concurred.

“It is very disappointing that not a single Republican leader sees the value in participating in this 50th commemoration of the signing of the Voting Rights Act. I had hoped that some of the leadership would attend, but apparently none of them will,” said Congressional Black Caucus Chairman G.K. Butterfield of North Carolina. “The Republicans always talk about trying to change their brand and be more appealing to minority folks and be in touch with the interests of African-Americans. This is very disappointing.”

Former CBC Chair Marsha Fudge (D-Ohio) agreed.

“Not only do they have an opportunity to participate in something that is historic in this country, but certainly they’ve lost an opportunity to show the American people that they care,” she said. “Their loss.”​

More: GOP leaders to skip Selma event - Anna Palmer and Lauren French - POLITICO

So, the new GOP is the same as the old GOP. Not surprised.
‘They’ve lost an opportunity to show the American people that they care,’ one black lawmaker says.

Scores of U.S. lawmakers are converging on tiny Selma, Alabama, for a large commemoration of a civil rights anniversary. But their ranks don’t include a single member of House Republican leadership — a point that isn’t lost on congressional black leaders.

None of the top leaders — House Speaker John Boehner, Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy or Majority Whip Steve Scalise, who was once thought likely to attend to atone for reports that he once spoke before a white supremacist group — will be in Selma for the three-day event that commemorates the 1965 march and the violence that protesters faced at the hands of white police officers. A number of rank-and-file Republicans have been aggressively lobbying their colleagues to attend, and several black lawmakers concurred.

“It is very disappointing that not a single Republican leader sees the value in participating in this 50th commemoration of the signing of the Voting Rights Act. I had hoped that some of the leadership would attend, but apparently none of them will,” said Congressional Black Caucus Chairman G.K. Butterfield of North Carolina. “The Republicans always talk about trying to change their brand and be more appealing to minority folks and be in touch with the interests of African-Americans. This is very disappointing.”

“Not only do they have an opportunity to participate in something that is historic in this country, but certainly they’ve lost an opportunity to show the American people that they care,” she said. “Their loss.”​

More: GOP leaders to skip Selma event - Anna Palmer and Lauren French - POLITICO

As a super democrat I would have to give them the benefit of the doubt just like we do for Iran. My assumption is that the average American is to stupid to even know what that is which really means no one really gives a darn about this point in history.

No, you simply LIED.

IKNOWYOU_zps8c077bf4.gif

No, you simply LIED.

IKNOWYOU_zps8c077bf4.gif

Family reunion?

No, you simply LIED.

IKNOWYOU_zps8c077bf4.gif

Family reunion?

Just pointing out your shit!

...take advantage of what was a poor time in our history!

What was NOT a poor time in history in this regard?

Oh, poor baby the Republican 1964 Civil Rights Bill has passed you by!

Our entire history has been largely defined by racial injustice. And it did not entirely stop when congress passed a bill. There are still Bull Connors out there, running police departments today.

And I'm sorry that punctuation passed you by.

As a super democrat I would have to give them the benefit of the doubt just like we do for Iran. My assumption is that the average American is to stupid to even know what that is which really means no one really gives a darn about this point in history.

Ask Emmett Till

Equivalency....isn't THAT what you left wingers are all about? Sorry, black get killed everyday in Chicago, by OTHER BLACKS...Kids, old, women... want to talk about EQUIVALENCY, let's talk blacks killing blacks in numbers unheard of in Selma!

I lived through the 1960's and saw this on a black and white tv, it was horrifying . In any gathering it is powerful, and the power of it being 50 years later and living to see them walk is moving to my heart.
Just like any Anniversary you show up out of respect, and by not showing up it shows the quality of their characters who made a point of not showing up.

Yes there are many other horrifying murders in our world, but to many in the south this was significant to walk across that bridge peacefully remembering those who died to fight for them to walk across it now.
Even as a whitey Mid Western I find it as significant just as much as the many other historical events of our Country. .

Our entire history has been largely defined by racial injustice. And it did not entirely stop when congress passed a bill. There are still Bull Connors out there, running police departments today.

Oh, poor baby, there are people that hate everybody, and everything out there. We are supposed to DROP and genuflect in front of the CBC? You've used the racial bullshit for 60 years , it's about time you JOINED the rest of the nation...perhaps you'd like to see the latest black on black murders from Chicago.... worry about THAT and NOT WHITEY!!!
ENOUGH Chicago Murder by the Numbers - News Views - EBONY

Last edited:

Oh, poor baby, there are people that hate everybody, and everything out there. We are supposed to DROP and genuflect in front of the CBC? You've used the racial bullshit for 60 years , it's about time you JOINED the rest of the nation...perhaps you'd like to see the latest black on black murders from Chicago.... worry about THAT and NOT WHITEY!!!

You gotta watch out for whitey he is always up to no good. lol

Eric "The RED" Holder knows....

upload_2015-3-7_23-12-14.jpeg

Eric "The RED" Holder knows....

View attachment 37539

What happened to his face? Was he "born that way" ?

Forum List

Back