🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GOP loss: NFL drafts openly gay player, who kisses his partner on ESPN; Public is ok

Rabbi's post below is an early indicator of the future of mainstream conservatism; they will eventually pretend they never had a problem with gay rights in the first place.

Conservatism always loses in long run, because conservatism is anti-progress, and progress is evolution, and evolution is unstoppable.

There is nothing here about gay rights, dipshit. The GOP never took a position on any of it. Therefore they could not "lose" anything.
Pro football won't gain much by featuring perverts on its teams. Who wants to watch crap like that?

I know what you mean. That Michael Vick was a big disappointment.

And, since money is the real name of the game, he's still playing football.

Normal people don't care about what adults do in the privacy of their own lives. Only the scared little phobes are scared of gays.

The guy will end up being a target on the field. Lots of testosterone on a NFL team, he better play smart and keep his mouth shut. How long before he plays the fag card? If he gets cut, this is all we will hear about, not if he was good enough to play for the NFL, but that the faggot got cut because of homophobia.

Same thing happened when there was one black player on the field

So you are drafting a new straw man onto your straw team?

Not at all. Just commenting on NFL history.

The NFL is now predominantly black. It was not always that way. Like most sports, the NFL struggled to integrate. The first black players were targeted for punishment. Ask Jim Brown.
They survived. If Sam is tough enough, he will survive
Unlike Jim Brown, we have instant replays and 24 hour sports networks. If people are taking cheap shots on Sam, they will be called on it

The guy will end up being a target on the field. Lots of testosterone on a NFL team, he better play smart and keep his mouth shut. How long before he plays the fag card? If he gets cut, this is all we will hear about, not if he was good enough to play for the NFL, but that the faggot got cut because of homophobia.

Got a link for that information?

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Do you want to concentrate on George Prescott Marshall of the Washington Redskins or black players in general?

We can also talk about black college players in the 1950s or the eventual integration of the SEC

The NFL is now predominantly black. It was not always that way. Like most sports, the NFL struggled to integrate. The first black players were targeted for punishment. Ask Jim Brown.
Unlike Jim Brown, we have instant replays and 24 hour sports networks. If people are taking cheap shots on Sam, they will be called on it

The GOP is part of this how?

You just drafted the straw man, and now you cut him from the team? That was quick.

If he's another Jonathan Martin he won't last very long.

I'm not getting this at all. Apparently the dude is awesome on the field. I come from ticats Hamilton and yes I know my football.

The GOP lost yet another small battle today.

The National Football League....the beacon of macho manliness in America, had it's collegiate player draft today.

And former University of Missouri defensive end Michael Sam, SEC defensive player of the year, was drafted in the 7th round by the St Louis Rams. He is considered a "tweener", too slow to play LB, too small for DE, but very talented, so he's getting his shot.

ESPN showed him at his home with his partner, a white man. So, basically, a gay interracial couple, kissing on national TV on ESPN, after Sam was drafted into the manliest of sports, the NFL.

And what happened? Nothing. The public is fine with it. His future St Louis teammates welcomed him and basically said lets get to work and win some ball games. ESPN analysts spoke of the significance of the moment...and them spoke of how Sam will fit in with the Ram's scheme and their incredibly talented defense.

The public is just fine with it. So are his teammates.

Only the GOP seems to have a problem with gay people. And society will remember it.

only the gop....lmao....you're such a fucking tool

see prop 8 in CA to know that there are dems who have a problem with gay people

you ignorant fool

The National Football League....the beacon of macho manliness in America, had it's collegiate player draft today.

And former University of Missouri defensive end Michael Sam, SEC defensive player of the year, was drafted in the 7th round by the St Louis Rams. He is considered a "tweener", too slow to play LB, too small for DE, but very talented, so he's getting his shot.

ESPN showed him at his home with his partner, a white man. So, basically, a gay interracial couple, kissing on national TV on ESPN, after Sam was drafted into the manliest of sports, the NFL.

And what happened? Nothing. The public is fine with it. His future St Louis teammates welcomed him and basically said lets get to work and win some ball games. ESPN analysts spoke of the significance of the moment...and them spoke of how Sam will fit in with the Ram's scheme and their incredibly talented defense.

Only the GOP seems to have a problem with gay people. And society will remember it.
Shame on you for politicizing this..
Quite frankly, most of have already lost the nano second of sleep over this dopey shit over which you libs are kept running to the medicine cabinet for tranquilizers.
One more time....NOBODY CARES...
I had this discussion out on the golf course yesterday. The point was not Sam's choice of sex partner, but rather why gays find it so vitally important to advertise to the world that they are gay.
Gay people are looking for tolerance and normalization in society. Fine. Then why would they find it imperative to reveal their choices..So unnecessary.
My view. Just go about your business and shut up about it. Your intimate relations are a private matter. Keep them to yourself.
"Only the GOP seems to have a problem with gay people."..
THAT IS BULLSHIT.....On numerous occasions liberals have used sexual orientation as a convenient target for their political adversaries.

I'm glad we got a glimpse of his private life...I wonder who will assume the role of husband...and will they name their first born Noah?

only the gop....lmao....you're such a fucking tool

see prop 8 in CA to know that there are dems who have a problem with gay people

you ignorant fool

Bringing up another good point. It was black people in California that voted for Prop 8. They are not the most gay friendly bunch. Sam has black players to contend with that may not appreciate a gay teammate fucking a white boy.

My guess: he's cut before opening day. Michael Sam is not an NFL-caliber player. (Which is why he was drafted ~250th!)
Getting down to the business of football, I agree.
Sam's performance in teh Combine left a lot ot be desired.
If anything, Sam is a "project"...If he makes it as an NFL player so be it. He could end up on a practice squad which will at least keep him getting paid.

You just drafted the straw man, and now you cut him from the team? That was quick.

I'm sorry....but I fail to see where I mentioned the GOP at all

But if you ask my opinion, I think the GOP is rooting for Sam to fail. They like their gays to be silent and behind the scenes

Rabbi's post below is an early indicator of the future of mainstream conservatism; they will eventually pretend they never had a problem with gay rights in the first place.

Conservatism always loses in long run, because conservatism is anti-progress, and progress is evolution, and evolution is unstoppable.

Conservatives never had a problem with gay rights....they just believe it is a states right to decide if they hate fags

Go get killed.

My guess: he's cut before opening day. Michael Sam is not an NFL-caliber player. (Which is why he was drafted ~250th!)
Getting down to the business of football, I agree.
Sam's performance in teh Combine left a lot ot be desired.
If anything, Sam is a "project"...If he makes it as an NFL player so be it. He could end up on a practice squad which will at least keep him getting paid.

Tony Romo was never even drafted.

Shit happens.

I'm not getting this at all. Apparently the dude is awesome on the field. I come from ticats Hamilton and yes I know my football.

I am commenting on the position that he will be targeted on the field

Anyone who targets him will pay the price. Each play is analyzed and cheap shots will be lead stories on ESPN

I don't know if Sam will make it. The analysis I saw was ....too slow, to small and too weak

But he is a groundbreaker in saying....Yes, I am gay, deal with it

He will make it easier for gays in the future

I'm sorry....but I fail to see where I mentioned the GOP at all

But if you ask my opinion, I think the GOP is rooting for Sam to fail. They like their gays to be silent and behind the scenes

So you are going to hang onto the first straw man. Can't have a straw team without at least one player.

There is nothing here about gay rights, dipshit. The GOP never took a position on any of it. Therefore they could not "lose" anything.
Pro football won't gain much by featuring perverts on its teams. Who wants to watch crap like that?

True, the GOP never took any kind of official position on it, but a GOP lobbyist tried to get a bill sponsored that would ban gay players from the NFL.

The NFL isn't "featuring perverts", they're featuring football players...some of whom happen to be gay.

Which GOP lobbyist?
Did such a story ever hit the main stream media?

I had no idea the GOP had any sort of stake in this. Do you have a link or something?

Forum List

Back