🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GOP loss: NFL drafts openly gay player, who kisses his partner on ESPN; Public is ok

The GOP is part of this how?

You just drafted the straw man, and now you cut him from the team? That was quick.

I'm sorry....but I fail to see where I mentioned the GOP at all

But if you ask my opinion, I think the GOP is rooting for Sam to fail. They like their gays to be silent and behind the scenes

So you are going to hang onto the first straw man. Can't have a straw team without at least one player.

Do elaborate please

There is nothing here about gay rights, dipshit. The GOP never took a position on any of it. Therefore they could not "lose" anything.
Pro football won't gain much by featuring perverts on its teams. Who wants to watch crap like that?

I know what you mean. That Michael Vick was a big disappointment.

And, since money is the real name of the game, he's still playing football.

Normal people don't care about what adults do in the privacy of their own lives. Only the scared little phobes are scared of gays.

And since no one is complaining, it only goes to how no one is scared of gays.

The GOP lost yet another small battle today.

The National Football League....the beacon of macho manliness in America, had it's collegiate player draft today.

And former University of Missouri defensive end Michael Sam, SEC defensive player of the year, was drafted in the 7th round by the St Louis Rams. He is considered a "tweener", too slow to play LB, too small for DE, but very talented, so he's getting his shot.

ESPN showed him at his home with his partner, a white man. So, basically, a gay interracial couple, kissing on national TV on ESPN, after Sam was drafted into the manliest of sports, the NFL.

And what happened? Nothing. The public is fine with it. His future St Louis teammates welcomed him and basically said lets get to work and win some ball games. ESPN analysts spoke of the significance of the moment...and them spoke of how Sam will fit in with the Ram's scheme and their incredibly talented defense.

The public is just fine with it. So are his teammates.

Only the GOP seems to have a problem with gay people. And society will remember it.

The big problem with idiots like you is YOU ASSUME too much!

Log Cabin Republicans is the nation’s largest Republican organization dedicated to representing gay and lesbian conservatives and allies. For more than 30 years, we have promoted the fight for equality through our state and local chapters, our full-time office in Washington, DC, and our federal and state political action committees.
Log Cabin Republicans

"He will make it easier for gays in the future"

LIBTARDS are desperate to tell their story about why they never "made it" in America...even if they made it to be president. The most unconfident breed of humans on earth.

Also, what GOP Member was trying to ban this guy from football?
A GOP lobbyist wants a bill to bar gay people from playing football. In the wake of college football star Michael Sam’s announcement that he was gay, lobbyist Jack Burkman is pushing for Republican lawmakers to sign on to his idea.

Football is a game and the game is called winning. Teams will draft any player regardless of color, nationality, or sexual preference if they think it will improve their chances of winning. Only a very foolish politician would try to ban gays from professional sports.

GOP Lobbyist Wants to Bar Gays From Playing Football | Alternet

Seems to me there should be a Tight End or Wide Receiver joke here somewhere.

Bob Nelson, who did a Young Comedians show on HBO back in the mid 80's did jokes on this very issue.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L6IeH6KeaY]Bob Nelson's Hilarious Football Routine... - YouTube[/ame]

The guy will end up being a target on the field. Lots of testosterone on a NFL team, he better play smart and keep his mouth shut. How long before he plays the fag card? If he gets cut, this is all we will hear about, not if he was good enough to play for the NFL, but that the faggot got cut because of homophobia.
As I recall, Jackie Robinson was a pretty big target until they saw what he could do. Players like owners want players that can win ball games because their career depends on winning games. Just like other rookies if he doesn't have what it takes, he won't last long

Not at all. Just commenting on NFL history.

The NFL is now predominantly black. It was not always that way. Like most sports, the NFL struggled to integrate. The first black players were targeted for punishment. Ask Jim Brown.
They survived. If Sam is tough enough, he will survive
Unlike Jim Brown, we have instant replays and 24 hour sports networks. If people are taking cheap shots on Sam, they will be called on it

The GOP is part of this how?

You just drafted the straw man, and now you cut him from the team? That was quick.

I'm sorry....but I fail to see where I mentioned the GOP at all

But if you ask my opinion, I think the GOP is rooting for Sam to fail. They like their gays to be silent and behind the scenes
Is that going to be your cry if he doesn't make the team? As a 7th rounder he has about an 8% chance of making the team as a starter. Being gay doesn't increase those odds but reading some of you people's posts you would think it does. I'm sure Ram fans are much more excited about wins than having a gay player on their team.

Good for him that he's the first gay player drafted. Now hopefully we can move on from this subject. I don't see how conservatives or the GOP have anything to do with this.

Rabbi's post below is an early indicator of the future of mainstream conservatism; they will eventually pretend they never had a problem with gay rights in the first place.

Conservatism always loses in long run, because conservatism is anti-progress, and progress is evolution, and evolution is unstoppable.

Conservatives never had a problem with gay rights....they just believe it is a states right to decide if they hate fags

Log Cabin Republicans is the nation’s largest Republican organization dedicated to representing gay and lesbian conservatives and allies. For more than 30 years, we have promoted the fight for equality through our state and local chapters, our full-time office in Washington, DC, and our federal and state political action committees.
Log Cabin Republicans

LIBTARDS are desperate to tell their story about why they never "made it" in America...even if they made it to be president. The most unconfident breed of humans on earth.

Liberals founded this country and have been responsible for every major social advance

Liberals founded this country and have been responsible for every major social advance

What a tool you are.

Rabbi's post below is an early indicator of the future of mainstream conservatism; they will eventually pretend they never had a problem with gay rights in the first place.

Conservatism always loses in long run, because conservatism is anti-progress, and progress is evolution, and evolution is unstoppable.

Conservatives never had a problem with gay rights....they just believe it is a states right to decide if they hate fags

Log Cabin Republicans

Were the Log Cabin Republicans given a prominent role in the 2012 convention?

What is their position on DADT and gay marriage?

How many hold elective office?

Why ask for early judgment?? why dare another Sodom and Gomorrah ? Another sign of the end days= Evil will be called good and good evil!!!!

The National Football League....the beacon of macho manliness in America, had it's collegiate player draft today.

And former University of Missouri defensive end Michael Sam, SEC defensive player of the year, was drafted in the 7th round by the St Louis Rams. He is considered a "tweener", too slow to play LB, too small for DE, but very talented, so he's getting his shot.

ESPN showed him at his home with his partner, a white man. So, basically, a gay interracial couple, kissing on national TV on ESPN, after Sam was drafted into the manliest of sports, the NFL.

And what happened? Nothing. The public is fine with it. His future St Louis teammates welcomed him and basically said lets get to work and win some ball games. ESPN analysts spoke of the significance of the moment...and them spoke of how Sam will fit in with the Ram's scheme and their incredibly talented defense.

The public is just fine with it. So are his teammates.

Only the GOP seems to have a problem with gay people. And society will remember it.

I like your post so much I won't fuss about it being the third one on the topic*. Cuz the more the word gets out the better.

Yes, it is a great day for America and equality. And a truly bad day for the ten remaining hypocrites left in America...all of whom happen to post here on USMB.

6PdmgHz.gif

*I haven't read the posts yet. I'll bet [MENTION=1528]Yurt[/MENTION] did cry, didn't he?

Same thing happened when there was one black player on the field

I'm not getting this at all. Apparently the dude is awesome on the field. I come from ticats Hamilton and yes I know my football.

I am commenting on the position that he will be targeted on the field

Anyone who targets him will pay the price. Each play is analyzed and cheap shots will be lead stories on ESPN

I don't know if Sam will make it. The analysis I saw was ....too slow, to small and too weak

But he is a groundbreaker in saying....Yes, I am gay, deal with it

He will make it easier for gays in the future

Just a point here... You think an opposing player will want to hit on Sam??

More importantly how many gays are into sports, specifically the NFL?
First there are At least 5 percent of American men, I estimate, are predominantly attracted to men,
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/08/opinion/sunday/how-many-american-men-are-gay.html?_r=0

That means of the 146,885,000 men in the United States in 2008 less then 8 million are gay.. leaving 138 million non-gay.
How many many watch NFL ?
Adweek/ Harris Poll the name is accurate as almost two thirds of U.S. adults say they currently watch NFL football (64%),
including almost three quarters of men (73%) and over half of women (55%).
2/3 of 310 million is 207 million of which 73% or 140 million are males.

So what do you think will happen if 140 million males 95% non-gay decide.. hmmm... I'll just find something else to watch???

Yup. They're going to say "It was all a joke!"

This shows how desperate the Democratic party is. No one gives a rats ass about the gay player except you leftist losers who are self offending.

Yes, we did, then you authoritarian leftists sole the word and are wrecking the country with it.

Liberal dems and CNN soooooo happy to see the abomination of sexual perversion flaunted on national TV. SHAME AND GUILT.

Forum List

Back