GOP may "leverage" debt ceiling against de-funding Obamacare

Either SS is in trouble and needs addressing or or doesn't. But let's blame the Tea Party and Obama gets a pass. Defending progressives ... again.

Single payer/universal will be ushered in one way or another and sooner rather than later, unless it is stopped. I am not holding my breath.

As long as the TPM keep resisting the American public's will, the bashing will continue by Americans who love America.

Either SS is in trouble and needs addressing or or doesn't. But let's blame the Tea Party and Obama gets a pass. Defending progressives ... again.

Single payer/universal will be ushered in one way or another and sooner rather than later, unless it is stopped. I am not holding my breath.

I don't think that will happen. Conservatives won't get a free market and progressives won't get socialized health insurance. Instead, we're saddled with an unholy corporatist alliance between Congress and the insurance industry. It's truly the worst of both alternatives, with the private profit and mandated participation.

I don't think that will happen. Conservatives won't get a free market and progressives won't get socialized health insurance. Instead, we're saddled with an unholy corporatist alliance between Congress and the insurance industry. It's truly the worst of both alternatives, with the private profit and mandated participation.

I dunno. Germany essentially has regulated corporate insurors. Corporation trades off limiting profit to 3% in exchange for a monoploy/oligarchy market. Then the providers and consumer groups and docs can all bargain to devise policies. There consumers at least have some say in trading off what coverage they buy for what price.

As long as the TPM keep resisting the American public's will, the bashing will continue by Americans who love America.

Back when this thing was emerging, I thought of Pelosi and Judi Dench's borg queen ... accept assimilation or face annihilation. LOL

Germany essentially has regulated corporate insurors. Corporation trades off limiting profit to 3% in exchange for a monoploy/oligarchy market. Then the providers and consumer groups and docs can all bargain to devise policies. There consumers at least have some say in trading off what coverage they buy for what price.

Right. That's corporatism: Corporatism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - and it's exactly where we're headed.

Corporatism, the mutual decision making of providers and users. What a thought.

I believe neoliberal sweden has more or less a similar scheme, and poland as well. We live in a world economy dominated by multi-national, and in some cases governmental corporations.

BHO was responding appropriately to TPM fear mongering and flat out lying.

If the reactionary right keeps fighting ACA, it will only be a matter of time before a single payer system goes into effect.

#fakejake

Thanks Obama and FranCoWTF

#fakejake

Not up on current events

House Tea Party members took away Obama spending crack pipe. Then the RNC decided to lose again in 2012 and ran a pathetic moderate

For oop poo and the other left wing idiots-----------not one republcan has suggested defaulting on our debt or shutting down the government.

withholding funding for obamacare does not shut down the govt, every other govt function would be fully funded. If obozo wants to shut down the govt by refusing to sign an appropriation and authorization bill then HE would be shutting down the govt.

But it's not really deficts that bother the opponents. If fines on employers prove to be insufficient (and I think they will because of the part time thing), fines can be adjusted. If medicaid gains more market share than expected (and I think it will) revenue can be raised from providers who gain patients.

Rather, the real objection is simply the belief that govt has no place in the HC marketplace, and that belief is not shared by any 21st economy. If you want Nigeria's HC system, it is achievable.

Republicans Could Use Debt Limit As Leverage On Obamacare, Aide Says

* Tactic would be alternative to government shutdown threat on Obamacare

* Cantor aide says debt limit could be way to try to force action

* Another leadership aide says there are discussions but no decision yet

By Caren Bohan

WASHINGTON, Aug 21 (Reuters) - U.S. Republican lawmakers, who staunchly oppose President Barack Obama's signature healthcare law, are considering using a fall showdown over the country's borrowing limit as leverage to try to delay the law's implementation.

Republicans Could Use Debt Limit As Leverage On Obamacare, Aide Says

Its always the same damn game.

Screw the country, lets try to undo ANYTHING Obama is for. Sickening.

Look, you lost, get over it.

:eusa_shhh:

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. government can’t pay its own bills. ... I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.”

Then-Sen. Barack Obama, floor speech in the Senate, March 16, 2006

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyLmru6no4U]Senator Obama calls Bush "unpatriotic" for adding trillions to debt www.RightFace.us - YouTube[/ame]

:eusa_shhh:

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. government can’t pay its own bills. ... I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.”

Then-Sen. Barack Obama, floor speech in the Senate, March 16, 2006

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyLmru6no4U]Senator Obama calls Bush "unpatriotic" for adding trillions to debt www.RightFace.us - YouTube[/ame]

the lying bastard also said that a president does not have the authority to take military action against a country that poses no immediate threat to the USA.

But it's not really deficts that bother the opponents. If fines on employers prove to be insufficient (and I think they will because of the part time thing), fines can be adjusted. If medicaid gains more market share than expected (and I think it will) revenue can be raised from providers who gain patients.

Rather, the real objection is simply the belief that govt has no place in the HC marketplace, and that belief is not shared by any 21st economy. If you want Nigeria's HC system, it is achievable.

there was no healthcare crisis in the USA that required a government take over of 1/6 of the economy. No one in the USA was being denied healthcare before obamacare.

Yes, there were some cost issues that needed to be addressed, and the preexisting conditions and lifetime maximums in insurance policies were wrong.

But allowing 26 year old adults to remain on their parents insurance, forcing employers to put workers on part time, fining citizens for not buying something--------all very wrong.

there was no healthcare crisis in the USA that required a government take over of 1/6 of the economy. No one in the USA was being denied healthcare before obamacare.

Yes, there were some cost issues that needed to be addressed, and the preexisting conditions and lifetime maximums in insurance policies were wrong.

But allowing 26 year old adults to remain on their parents insurance, forcing employers to put workers on part time, fining citizens for not buying something--------all very wrong.

Well, rising costs is a crisis, and costs have declined since Obamacare passed, and passed the Sup Ct. Again, as Jake said, this isn't the approach I wanted, but the Gop had nearly a decade to do something ... and did nothing besides pass the medicare drug law that intentionally exacerbated the cost problems.

So, again, the RW's opposition has little to do with deficits. It's ideological and about govt not having a role. And, you lost on that. And, if you run on it again, you will lose again.

Forum List

Back