GOP rep plans to carry her firearm in DC

I was amused by the Grandstanding of the new GOP Congresswoman

Look at me everyone! I am a pistol packing BITCH and nobody better mess with me.

She thinks she is the only Congressman in 250 years to carry a gun in DC?

Was Rosa Parks grandstanding?
I missed the part where Rosa Parks called a press conference to announce she was going to sit in the front of the bus.

No, the press conferences were after, how does that change anything?

And if she kept her mouth shut and not announced to the world her intentions, she could have gone about her business and no one would have been the wiser.

And if she kept her mouth shut and not announced to the world her intentions, she could have gone about her business and no one would have been the wiser.

By announcing it however, it sends a message to guys like that Crazy Bernie supporter that shot Rep. Scalise, or the botched robbery fellows that whacked Seth Rich , making it less likely she will need to use her firearm.

Look at me everyone! I am a pistol packing BITCH and nobody better mess with me.

It sure got you going, she got the affect from you that she was hoping for, congrats.

I laughed at a Newbie Congresswoman trying to make a name for herself.
Does she really think no other members of Congress carry guns?
They just don’t hold news conferences
so youve gone from its illegal for her to carry to now saying a lot of them carry,,

dude you are all over the place,,,
Where did I ever say it was illegal to carry?
I said she has to follow the law. Do you have a problem with that?
and the law is the 2nd amendment,, glad you agree,,

Unless she has special exception, from what Im reading, if her CC permit is from CO., she would be in violation of DC carry laws.

Like any other gun owner crossing state lines, she will have to follow local laws.
local laws are the 2nd amendment,,
Local laws implement the 2nd amendment
you dont implement the 2nd cause it requires you cant do anything to infringe,,,

Im sure most of what she is doing is political theater, and due to my support of the 2nd, for that I commend her.
In response to your comment, youre right unless she had to use it in self defense, then it wouldnt be so wise.

Last edited:
Only a fool would go about in that city, or any city, unarmed.
It is illegal to carry a firearm in DC. That's why the mayor is calling out the National Guard to deal with the right wing protesters tomorrow.

Where did she even indicate she thought that? After seeing her colleagues gunned down, why wouldn't she want to protect herself? At least she doesn't have to worry about crazy democrats beating her with canes like they would have in the early days.

Unless she has special exception, from what Im reading, if her CC permit is from CO., she would be in violation of DC carry laws.

Like any other gun owner crossing state lines, she will have to follow local laws and apply for a DC permit
Yup, and I dont know what she has, or hasnt applied for.
My wife and I always research and follow the laws when crossing state lines.

The laws are tricky and can get you arrested or fined
It is up to the gun owner to know the laws.

Same applies to the Congresswoman

This should get interesting.

Good Luck with that.

So much for "law and order" Republicans.

And stow the moronic rightwing sophistry that 'bad' laws shouldn't be obeyed.

It is illegal to carry a firearm in DC. That's why the mayor is calling out the National Guard to deal with the right wing protesters tomorrow.
Are you sure ?
Summary of District of Columbia Gun Laws
Washington, D.C. is a shall-issue district with concealed weapons permits issued by D.C. Metropolitan Police.

I have come to believe that anti-gunners don't really object to guns being used for protection. What they object to is individuals protecting THEMSELVES with guns. As long as you are wealthy and "important" enough (read, you're a democrat politician or a lefty celebrity), it's perfectly fine to hire armed goons to follow you around. What they object to is individuals exercising individual rights, paramount among them being the right to bear arms.
Yet the "right wing protestors" don't

This should get interesting.

Good Luck with that.

So much for "law and order" Republicans.

And stow the moronic rightwing sophistry that 'bad' laws shouldn't be obeyed.

She gets whatever permit she needs and you have nothing to whine about.

Was Rosa Parks grandstanding?
I missed the part where Rosa Parks called a press conference to announce she was going to sit in the front of the bus.

No, the press conferences were after, how does that change anything?
Apples and Oranges
Parks knowingly violated a law she thought was unjust and was arrested for it.

Congresswoman Annie Oakley is merely bragging that she intends to do something perfectly legal. Not very brave

Like any other gun owner crossing state lines, she will have to follow local laws and apply for a DC permit

the laws are unconstitutional and need removed along with the despots that passed them,,

the laws are unconstitutional and need removed along with the despots that passed them,,
Evidently not

Forum List

Back