GOP rep plans to carry her firearm in DC

Unless she has special exception, from what Im reading, if her CC permit is from CO., she would be in violation of DC carry laws.

Like any other gun owner crossing state lines, she will have to follow local laws and apply for a DC permit
Yup, and I dont know what she has, or hasnt applied for.
My wife and I always research and follow the laws when crossing state lines.

The laws are tricky and can get you arrested or fined
It is up to the gun owner to know the laws.

Same applies to the Congresswoman
Yes, agreed tricky.
We research and in addition have made calls to local officials prior to any travel.
We once had to make arrangements to legally store our firearms when we entered the state of SC, because we were going to be entering a military base.

I was amused by the Grandstanding of the new GOP Congresswoman

Look at me everyone! I am a pistol packing BITCH and nobody better mess with me.

She thinks she is the only Congressman in 250 years to carry a gun in DC?

Was Rosa Parks grandstanding?
I missed the part where Rosa Parks called a press conference to announce she was going to sit in the front of the bus.

No, the press conferences were after, how does that change anything?
Apples and Oranges
Parks knowingly violated a law she thought was unjust and was arrested for it.

Congresswoman Annie Oakley is merely bragging that she intends to do something perfectly legal. Not very brave

According to DC she is going to do something illegal that she doesn't think is illegal.

it's pretty much the same concept.

Is there no end to cheap trash like this woman? She has been warned. If she doesn't like it, she can stay the hell home until she can act civilized.

This should get interesting.

We obviously cannot allow an armed lunatic to run around the capital.

Subjective and the 2nd amendment gives us permission to bear arms.

A right neither absolute nor unlimited.

A right subject to government regulation consistent with Second Amendment jurisprudence, such as those in the District.

DC bans all concealed carry, de facto. They violate the 2nd amendment.

Is there no end to cheap trash like this woman? She has been warned. If she doesn't like it, she can stay the hell home until she can act civilized.

Fuck off you dried up old cat lady twat.

Civilized enough for you?

She's fighting for civil rights, the RKBA being one of the rights DC denies any chance it gets.

Unless she has special exception, from what Im reading, if her CC permit is from CO., she would be in violation of DC carry laws.

Like any other gun owner crossing state lines, she will have to follow local laws and apply for a DC permit

Yes, agreed tricky.
We research and in addition have made calls to local officials prior to any travel.
We once had to make arrangements to legally store our firearms when we entered the state of SC.
Personally, I think a concealed carry should be valid in any state. Just like a Drivers License. The gun owner just has to follow local laws...just like a driver

Look at me everyone! I am a pistol packing BITCH and nobody better mess with me.

I missed the part where Rosa Parks called a press conference to announce she was going to sit in the front of the bus.

Apples and Oranges

Congresswoman Annie Oakley is merely bragging that she intends to do something perfectly legal. Not very brave

According to DC she is going to do something illegal that she doesn't think is illegal.

They just offered to help her with local laws
If she wants to challenge them, she can go to jail, just like Rosa

Yes, agreed tricky.
We once had to make arrangements to legally store our firearms when we entered the state of SC.
Personally, I think a concealed carry should be valid in any state. Just like a Drivers License. The gun owner just has to follow local laws...just like a driver

DC would require you to unload the gun, and put it in a locked case in your trunk,

That's like a government forcing you to put round iron blocks in place of your tires, and swap out your engine for a popcorn machine if you want to drive in their jurisdiction.

the laws are unconstitutional and need removed along with the despots that passed them,,
Evidently not
thats an opinion when the 2nd is a long standing law,,

An actual Legislator doesn't understand the appropriate channels to challenge a Law.

Actually DC would be foolish to try to arrest her, because it would give her cause to challenge DC's laws that probably offer no reciprocity for concealed carry, and she has a legitimate governmental purpose to be in the capitol as a legislator.
She is not above the law
If she breaks concealed carry laws in DC, Virginia or MD she is subject to the same penalties as anyone else.

And she is then given grounds to sue on 2nd amendment grounds of infringement.
As can anyone arrested for a gun violation
DC laws comply with Heller

Can someone who lives outside DC but works inside DC get a CC permit?

Heller didn't answer that question, however I bet a Republican rep from a gun rights area would LOVE to be arrested for carry and be able to challenge the lack of ability to get CC in DC if you are not a resident.
Heller already resolved issues of concealed carry in DC
If the Congresswoman follows the law, she should have no problems
Correct.

Whether she agrees with the laws or mot.

A right subject to government regulation consistent with Second Amendment jurisprudence, such as those in the District.

wrong again,,, cause that would also mean states could change the 5th and jail or execute people without trial or due process,, and we know they cant do that,,

Apples and Oranges

Then why did the cocksucker DC police chief make a big deal about it?

Because he's a cocksucker?

state and locals can no more make gun laws that violate the 2nd than they can jail or execute people without trial or due process,,,

Oh, I think you'll find that assertion is in error. :)
If she obtains the proper concealed carry permits from DC, then as I understand it,
she would be allowed to keep the firearm in her office, locked. She cannot carry it on to the
floor of the House chamber (rules prevent that) and she cannot step outside the Capitol building
with it (a violation of the city's gun laws).

What is unclear to me is if she can carry it around the Capitol rotunda, and in the underground tunnels that run
between the Capitol and the House office buildings. Those have metal detectors at both ends. She would be required
to show her weapon.

to bad steve scalise wasnt carrying a gun the day a democrat tried to kill him and other republicans at baseball practice,,

I‘ve never seen a Second Baseman carrying a firearm.
If they did, it would be very difficult to steal Second.

Apples and Oranges

From the video, he just seemed to be informing her of the local laws and offered to help if needed.
It was the Congresswoman who got all butt hurt

You wouldn’t do that for my car!

Apples and Oranges

From the video, he just seemed to be informing her of the local laws and offered to help if needed.
It was the Congresswoman who got all butt hurt

You wouldn’t do that for my car!

He was being a statist prick.

If this chick was attacked by people intent on committing a botched robbery, like Seth Rich, do you really think that she would be charged in a "gun control violation" for saving herself? Its all an academic question, I don't see liberal DC politicians standing up and saying she should have died instead?

Forum List

Back