GOP reveals deficit-financed tax cut package

So we will triple the debt just like with Reagan?
You had better pick up a history book....

Here you go:
The result has been unprecedented government debt. Reagan has tripled the Gross Federal Debt, from $900 billion to $2.7 trillion. Ford and Carter in their combined terms could only double it. It took 31 years to accomplish the first postwar debt tripling, yet Reagan did it in eight.

The Sad Legacy of Ronald Reagan
Carter had double digit unemployment His damn corporate tax rate was like 70% Carter would STILL be the WORST President this Country EVER had if it weren't for Obama! Reagan saved us from Carter's Obamalike economy just like Trump is doing now. Sorry Brain your stupid link is biased as hell...just read some of the comments below the article they tear the whole story apart. Thanks for the link though, I had a blast reading the intelligent informed comments destroy the whole story....

Actually carter's first two years in office were OK economically, the economy was hurt very badly by the 1978 oil embargo and the inflation it caused.

No corporation has ever paid the top rate.

The worst president list looks like this
1. Nixon (R)
2 Trump (R)
3. Hoover (R)

Carter saved Reagan's ass in by placing Paul Volcker at the Fed.

Question for you, did Reagan ever rise taxes? If so, how many times?

We have a service based economy. Yet, the tax plan make service based business ineligible for the business tax break. Enough said on this plan. Most service business, s-corps are better off under current law.

We have a service based economy. Yet, the tax plan make service based business ineligible for the business tax break. Enough said on this plan. Most service business, s-corps are better off under current law.
I will have to check on that. Not doubting you, but it's interesting. I'm not quite sure what the justification is of letting upper earners in small corps take pass trhough income at the corp rather than individual leve.

Reagan tripled the debt and Clinton balanced it while having a stronger economy
That is just so wrong on so many levels I will decline to argue with you further. Some people just want to be wrong I guess....

So you can't talk facts I suppose. That would explain why you still support supply side economics. Go Kansas.

Reaganomics - Wikipedia

I lived through the Reagan years. You can't change history while we are all still here. We all saw the struggles of both the Carter and Obama economies and we all witnessed the massive recovery of the job market and higher incomes with Reagan JFK and now Trump. Numbers are numbers debt is debt deficits are deficits but people know when the nations economy is doing well. You can talk till you are blue in the face but you will never change that fact. We aren't the stupid dweebs you think we are. We voted for real change and a better life, so far it's paying off big time. You may as well stop whining and get on board.

I will have to check on that. Not doubting you, but it's interesting. I'm not quite sure what the justification is of letting upper earners in small corps take pass trhough income at the corp rather than individual leve.

Most small s-corps split their earnings between salary and distributions. They may take 70% of the income as a salary and then take 30% as profit from the business. That 30% does not have FICA taxes attached to it (15% tax). The new proposal actually suggests this 70-30 split, to stop people from taking too much as profit and not enough as salary subject to FICA. But, guess what? All service based business will be ineligible for this tax proposal. All income (100%)for these folks will be considered salary. So consider this, if you were breaking down your business income using the 70-30 split for all these years, starting next year, that 30% will be subject to a 15% extra tax. Lets say it was $30K. A business owner would need to come up with an extra $4000 +/- in taxes next year if they had an identical year business wise. That is tough stuff right there.

Reagan tripled the debt and Clinton balanced it while having a stronger economy
That is just so wrong on so many levels I will decline to argue with you further. Some people just want to be wrong I guess....

So you can't talk facts I suppose. That would explain why you still support supply side economics. Go Kansas.

Reaganomics - Wikipedia

I lived through the Reagan years. You can't change history while we are all still here. We all saw the struggles of both the Carter and Obama economies and we all witnessed the massive recovery of the job market and higher incomes with Reagan JFK and now Trump. Numbers are numbers debt is debt deficits are deficits but people know when the nations economy is doing well. You can talk till you are blue in the face but you will never change that fact. We aren't the stupid dweebs you think we are. We voted for real change and a better life, so far it's paying off big time. You may as well stop whining and get on board.

Yeah I lived then too. And I saw the debt triple. How much growth was powered by all that military spending? I lived through Clinton too obviously. Stronger economy and balanced the budget. Yeah I'll take more of that.

Yeah I lived then too. And I saw the debt triple. How much growth was powered by all that military spending? I lived through Clinton too obviously. Stronger economy and balanced the budget. Yeah I'll take more of that.
Either you were a government employee or you have a memory problem.

All the facts support what I'm saying. You seem to live in fantasy land.

Actually carter's first two years in office were OK economically, the economy was hurt very badly by the 1978 oil embargo and the inflation it caused.
That is ridiculous....do you think he got the label of worst US president in history by accident? come on man. You are dreaming

Clinton had both higher GDP and employment growth over Reagan.

Are you questioning that?

Same as last time

Borrow trillions of dollars and give it to billionaires

Again you live in fantasy land. Reagan did triple the debt, that is a fact. Clinton also beats Reagans in all economic indicators. Don't let your fantasy hurt the country AGAIN.
The Country is doing just fine now that Obama is gone....Look around....

Yes we still have the Obama economy since nothing significant has changed...
Reversing and ending thousands of ridiculous regulations in banking and employment is very very significant...if you were ever a business owner in your life you would know this.

Yes we still have the Obama economy since nothing significant has changed...
Reversing and ending thousands of ridiculous regulations in banking and employment is very very significant...if you were ever a business owner in your life you would know this.

I am a business owner. So tell specifically one significant regulation that was reversed.

Forum List

Back