GOP stood, applauded Obama at State of Union on gun control

Remember?

Remember when Obama talked about background checks and banning huge clips during the State of the Union and all of the Republicans stood and cheered?

Background checks. Something 90% of Americans want.

Republicans say .... you.

McConnell vows to block gun control measures

20 children and six school employees dead.

Republicans say .... you America. Even many Republicans want background checks.

They cheer when the cameras are on. But behind the scenes? Another 47%?

No, I don't.

Here's the entire speech.
He starts talking about Newtown at the 53:00 mark.

The cheering was in support of the families and children and that the measures "deserve a vote".

But when he talks about widespread background checks and magazine capacity? NOTHING.
Show it to me, or admit you're a liar.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKwE2EGsfMk]Obama's Full 2013 State of the Union Address - SOTU 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

What vote was he talking about??? Any vote???? On anything????

Think it through now. What was he talking about just before he said they deserved a "vote"? A "vote" on what?

Federal law already requires background checks, and the ACLU thinks the Reid bill is an invasion of privacy. Since the ACLU is not pro gun, and they still hate the law, why should anyone else want it?

Oh, because they don't care about freedom or privacy.

Was that a law passed about 10 minutes ago? Or did you just imagine it?

Skimmed right past the proof of your lying, again, I see

:cuckoo:

Unfortunately, current federal law requires criminal background checks only for guns sold through licensed firearm dealers, which account for just 60% of all gun sales in the United States. A loophole in the law allows individuals not “engaged in the business” of selling firearms to sell guns without a license—and without processing any paperwork. That means that two out of every five guns sold in the United States change hands without a background check.

Gun Show Loophole

The Federal Law only applies to "Licensed" gun sellers.

It's no fun if I have to educate these right wingers before we can even have a debate. They say I ran away, but I just get tired of trying to teach the unteachable.

There right wingers irritate me to no end.

At 55:38, the entire chamber stands when President Obama says, "They deserve a vote". The entire chamber. Everyone. "They deserve a vote". What VOTE is he talking about?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKwE2EGsfMk

morrisdailyherald.com | Obama lobbies for gun control measures; GOP senators vow filibuster

DID YOU GET IT????? GOP STANDS AND CHEERS FOR VOTE BUT NOW SAY THEY WILL FILIBUSTER IT EVEN THOUGH 90% OF AMERICANS APPROVE.

THEY SUPPORTED IT THEN BUT THEY DON'T NOW.

When will you guys ever learn?

That's not what you claimed, Shit-for-Brains.

You claimed they cheered at the mention of Background Checks and Magazine Capacity.

The room stood and cheered in honor of the families and in agreement that there needs to be a vote ("even if your vote is "No"")

Unfortunately, current federal law requires criminal background checks only for guns sold through licensed firearm dealers, which account for just 60% of all gun sales in the United States. A loophole in the law allows individuals not “engaged in the business” of selling firearms to sell guns without a license—and without processing any paperwork. That means that two out of every five guns sold in the United States change hands without a background check.

Gun Show Loophole

It's no fun if I have to educate these right wingers before we can even have a debate. They say I ran away, but I just get tired of trying to teach the unteachable.

Show me the source for the 60% because I haven't seen a credible source or any empircial evidence that suggests that percentage.

Gun Show Loophole

"Only 60%"???
That's a majority of gun sales, dumbass.

At 55:38, the entire chamber stands when President Obama says, "They deserve a vote". The entire chamber. Everyone. "They deserve a vote". What VOTE is he talking about?????

morrisdailyherald.com | Obama lobbies for gun control measures; GOP senators vow filibuster

DID YOU GET IT????? GOP STANDS AND CHEERS FOR VOTE BUT NOW SAY THEY WILL FILIBUSTER IT EVEN THOUGH 90% OF AMERICANS APPROVE.

You claimed they cheered at the mention of Background Checks and Magazine Capacity.

The room stood and cheered in honor of the families and in agreement that there needs to be a vote ("even if your vote is "No"")

What was the vote supposed to be about? Why the filibuster now? Come on. Think it through. What changed?

Gun Show Loophole

Show me the source for the 60% because I haven't seen a credible source or any empircial evidence that suggests that percentage.

Paul Ryan open to closing gun-show loophole

Hmm, wow, let's think this through. Go to a gun dealer and be subjected to a "background" check or go to a gun show and buy as many as you want without even the mention of a "background check". Wow. Such a hard decision. Hmm, gee, I have to think about this.

Seems you are like a pair of children's scissors. Cute, colorful, not too sharp.

What was the vote supposed to be about? Why the filibuster now? Come on. Think it through. What changed?

Stay tuned......there won't be a filibuster. There will be a vote.
:thup:
We'll get to see exactly where everyone stands

What changed?
I don't know. You tell me.

What changed between your OP and now?
Could it be the position of the goalposts????

:eusa_whistle:

Gun Show Loophole

Paul Ryan open to closing gun-show loophole

Hmm, wow, let's think this through. Go to a gun dealer and be subjected to a "background" check or go to a gun show and buy as many as you want without even the mention of a "background check". Wow. Such a hard decision. Hmm, gee, I have to think about this.

Seems you are like a pair of children's scissors. Cute, colorful, not too sharp.

Dealers at gun shows are required to do national background checks. Seems like you're a dull tool in the shed that needs sharpening.

Unless it's changed, only 11 states have background checks. But you must know what you are talking about since you didn't include any links. You do know what you are talking about? Don't you? Well? Don't you?

Thought so.

Federal law already requires background checks, and the ACLU thinks the Reid bill is an invasion of privacy. Since the ACLU is not pro gun, and they still hate the law, why should anyone else want it?

Ask the FBI.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics

Give him a break, he actually believes that there are absolutely no background checks required by federal law.

Gun Show Loophole

That is complete and total bullshit, there is no gun show loophole. I was one of the many people that totally destroyed that lie in a thread somebody started, look it up.

LOL

rdean proves himself an idiot once again

its kinda like when he showed a picture of a factory that had a Chinese flag over the American flag and he claimed this was here in America.....if he would have read his own fucking link he would have seen that the factory was in China not here.....aint Deans threads fun?......:eusa_angel:

The government has these:

_42958807_drone_416x288.jpg

Dumbass Republicans have these:

guns.jpg

One group won't even see it coming.

The government has those and YOU dumb ass, don't have anything at all.

Forum List

Back