🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GOP: Wrong side of history, again

I wonder how many of the "get government out of marriage" folks are themselves legally married...

Don't recognize me.. I don't give a fuck.. nor do I give a fuck if my wife and I have to file taxes separately or together.... I only want equally treatment by government in areas that government needs to be.. I don't give a flying fuck if you accept my multi-racial marriage or not.. I don't care if you refuse me service in your store because you don't agree... there are positives and negatives when it comes to freedom.. but I would rather have that than the alternative of increased government force and control

Today's Gop couldn't avoid a speeding Yugo driven by a paraplegic octagenarion. The only good news is I liked Hillary better than the current potus.

Why don't you say it like it really is? Religious people may be on the losing side against the statist. That alone doesn't necessarily put them on the wrong side of history, just the losing side. Your comment is the equivalent of saying the Jews of Nazi Germany were on the wrong side of history. You can celebrate the moral decline of the country all you want, but don't expect everyone to join in. History and tradition determines the definition of a word, not some activist movement. If gays want an equivalent type of union let them establish a term for it, not try to hijack an established term that has a different meaning.

I personally find gay marriage disgusting. I admit it. When I see two men kiss, I literally get a bit squeamish and disgusted. The sight of two men in tuxedos is weird to me.

But have they hurt me? No. Not my business. And it shouldnt be the governments business either.

Unless, of course, you say that the governement should be regulating religious morality. Should it?

What I find disgusting is your attempting to paint this as a GOP loss when an overwhelming number of states have voted to not allow gay marriage. So if the court decides to overturn those popular votes, I would call that a loss for the country.

If the gays want to submit themselves to the same government oversight as hetro couples that's fine, they can pay alimony, child support and all the rest, I just want them to find a unique term for their alternative type union instead of hijacking a term that has been used historically for a hetro union. I don't think that is an unreasonable position.

I wonder how many of the "get government out of marriage" folks are themselves legally married...

Don't recognize me.. I don't give a fuck.. nor do I give a fuck if my wife and I have to file taxes separately or together.... I only want equally treatment by government in areas that government needs to be.. I don't give a flying fuck if you accept my multi-racial marriage or not.. I don't care if you refuse me service in your store because you don't agree... there are positives and negatives when it comes to freedom.. but I would rather have that than the alternative of increased government force and control

But you file those joint taxes anyway don't you? If you died, she'd still get your SS anyway, wouldn't she?

The story of gay marriage is not yet fully written so deciding who is going to be on the right or wrong side of the issue is pretty silly not that it will stop the hyper partisans from telling us.

But you file those joint taxes anyway don't you? If you died, she'd still get your SS anyway, wouldn't she?

Yep.. did during my first marriage... will again for the first time now in this one...

And as I said NUMEROUS times.. in areas of government, I want all family couples to have the same treatment IN GOVERNMENTAL MATTERS... but not forced acceptance or whatever imposed by the government upon the freedoms of others.. if Billy J and Mindy B don't want to accept you or don't want you staying in their hotel or don't want you kissing in their restaurant.. fine... they don't want me kissing on my wife in their restaurant or staying in their place or whatever.. FINE... I can live with that as I have the freedom to go elsewhere, and they have the freedom to be bigoted or lose business or whatever

How would gay marriage ever become a norm? Homos are such a small percentage of the population, it will always be abnormal.

The % of the population owning guns is also a minority, but they have no problem demanding their rights!

The story of gay marriage is not yet fully written so deciding who is going to be on the right or wrong side of the issue is pretty silly not that it will stop the hyper partisans from telling us.

Polling of younger conservatives indicates that their views are much more tolerant than their older counterparts.

Even if this Supreme Court fails to deliver the desired results, the "writing is on the wall" that they're delaying the inevitable.

Last edited:

Yes, it has been written. Over 80% of those 30 and under approve of gay marriage.

Right, let's make all policy based on the opinions of people with very little life experience, that should work out well. LMAO.

Yes, it has been written. Over 80% of those 30 and under approve of gay marriage.

I am sure close to 100% would like a free $1MIL too... and would vote to get it... does not mean that it is government's job to ensure it though

I am sure close to 100% would like a free $1MIL too... and would vote to get it... does not mean that it is government's job to ensure it though

Is it the governments job to ensure its laws are applied equally?

They'll grow out of it.

You are going to be so disappointed in yor dotage.

Yep. I recall the dismay when Ariz's governor got into trouble for using the once acceptable word, "pickaninny."

Citizenship for people who actually want to work and pay taxes and just leaving gay and lesbians alone. There was a time when the gop was ok with this. Back when we actually WON elections.

How would gay marriage ever become a norm? Homos are such a small percentage of the population, it will always be abnormal.

Marriage between white person and black person are a small percentage also, but it is quite normal to see it. "Normal" meaning society doesnt recognize it as being unlawful or immoral. Just something that happens and we hardly notice anymore.

I just think the government should stay out of our lives in most regards. Dont you?

If government should stay out of our lives, then why is it so important to you D-bags to use the government to force everyone to accept "gay marriage"?

Gays will always be the laughing stock of society. Its still one off the biggest insults to accuse someone of being gay. You liberals do it all the time in these threads when you can't win an arguement.

Forum List

Back