GOPers Lack Critical Thinking Skills - here's why

Obviously, you don't know what "critical thinking" is.

Remember college level algebra? Start there.
College level algebra isn't being taught in the K-8 levels, you buffoon.

Without training in critical thinking by the time college rolls around, it could be too late. Only a true buffoon would support the premise that there's something wrong with improving one's logic skills. Socrates is turning over in his grave.
You apparently didn't read the OP for comprehension....A critical skill for critical thinking.

What is being called "critical thinking" is merely a cynical label for the failed outcome-based model.

Somewhere out in the cosmic ether, bot Orwell and Rand are having a big fat belly laugh.

Actually you don't get to keep them from being educated. The earth is not 5,000 years old; the sun does not revolve around the earth; the bible is not science.

No matter how hard you wish

Of course that has jack shit to do with OBE. "Higher Order Thinking Skills" is not "critical thinking," but in fact OBE. OBE has the same relation to critical thinking as gas chambers do to showers.

In the good schools with the smart kids it sure as fuck is, you moron. My nephew is entering his sophomore year of high school and he did advanced calc LAST YEAR. He's been about six grade levels above standard in math and science since about seventh grade. Granted, he's the son of a Linguistic Doctor and a Medical Doctor (pediatrician) so dude is hella smart to begin with. But if your child excels and is in the right school, funded properly, he or she can get access to all kinds of advanced level classes.

Quit lying and making shit up, OldBall.

Your kid is in 10th grade and six grade levels above? That would be a senior in college. College Algebra is really a joke to begin with. Your suppose to know algebra before college. Remedial algebra is a Freshman class in college. Anyways, the point is YOU made the case that your kid is ahead and thus moot in the discussion. :lol:

A) You clearly need some remedial reading comprehension courses. It's not my kid; it's my nephew.

B) The point was made that they don't teach college-level Algebra in grade school.

C) I easily refuted that point with my NEPHEW's story. They teach it if the kid can handle it.
D) Advanced placement classes -what your nephew is obviously attending- aren't the norm.

Actually you don't get to keep them from being educated. The earth is not 5,000 years old; the sun does not revolve around the earth; the bible is not science.

Of course that has jack shit to do with OBE. "Higher Order Thinking Skills" is not "critical thinking," but in fact OBE. OBE has the same relation to critical thinking as gas chambers do to showers.
The lack of critical thinking being applied in this thread by the bedwetter left is astonishing, innit? :lol:

So?

Parents should be raising their kids the way they want them to be. I don't want teachers putting crap in my kids heads that i don't believe..
And "Behavior modification"??? That sounds like brainwashing to me.

Texas is sounding like about the smartest state around...everyone should move there!

I would never keep them from being educated....
But i would keep them from being brainwashed!
And Critical Thinking is just that....why would i want my kids "behavior" modified?
Well...maybe i would if i knew they would end up being a liberal! Lol!

College level algebra isn't being taught in the K-8 levels, you buffoon.

Without training in critical thinking by the time college rolls around, it could be too late. Only a true buffoon would support the premise that there's something wrong with improving one's logic skills. Socrates is turning over in his grave.
You apparently didn't read the OP for comprehension....A critical skill for critical thinking.

What is being called "critical thinking" is merely a cynical label for the failed outcome-based model.

Somewhere out in the cosmic ether, bot Orwell and Rand are having a big fat belly laugh.

I'm just wondering who's applying a "cynical" label here, educators or those who brought you Patriot Act and DOMA propaganda? You haven't met the basic criterion for proving who's fooling who, yet! You're obviously trying to smear a perfectly sound concept with an old bogeyman.

I'm just wondering who's applying a "cynical" label here, educators or those who brought you Patriot Act and DOMA propaganda? You haven't met the basic criterion for proving who's fooling who, yet! You're obviously trying to smear a perfectly sound concept with an old bogeyman.
Well here is your opportunity to explain what the higher order is.

Higher order what? You're going to have to frame the question better. Higher order thinking is a good thing. What's to explain?

Clintoon signed DOMA and USAPATRIOT act originally passed the Senate 98-1 and enjoys plenty of support from the left today.

Do you even know what you're blabbering about?

Higher order what? You're going to have to frame the question better. Higher order thinking is a good thing. What's to explain?

In the OP it states higher order.

WTF is that.

Yes I have already binged and have a page in wait.

The theory is on standby. Now can any of these blowhards explain what it is?

Obviously you can not........

Clintoon signed DOMA and USAPATRIOT act originally passed the Senate 98-1 and enjoys plenty of support from the left today.

Certainly not Senate votes. I was talking about propaganda and some of its versions. Misdirection comes to mind! Can we stick to the subject or is this where I get a free Booosh shot? :cool:

Last edited:

WTF is that.

Higher order what? You got a question, ask it? Seems to me you're trying to distract us with ephemeral questions without ever getting to a point. If we can't explain the pro, as you claim, explain the con, if you can.

Certainly not Senate votes. I was talking about propaganda and some of its versions. Misdirection comes to mind! Can we stick to the subject or is this where I get a free Booosh shot? :cool:
I'll score that a big "NO"...You really don't have any idea what you're blabbering about.

Duly noted.

Higher order what? You got a question, ask it? Seems to me you're trying to distract us with ephemeral questions without ever getting to a point. If we can't explain the pro, as you claim, explain the con, if you can.

Higher Order Thinking Skills, or HOTS. This is an OBE program. The demagogues of the left have lied and slandered, as is your way, claiming the GOP opposes "critical thinking." What they opposed is HOTS, a Pavlovian conditioned response program, Outcome Based Education, in other words. HOTS is the opposite of critical thinking, in the typical Orwellian pattern of the left.

This whole thing is a critical response to a critical condition in the Democratic reelection campaign. lol

WTF is that.

I did and you remain clueless. Even though that was a key word in the OP you remain clueless.

Run along if you can not answer what the higher order is.

Well at least to this point anyway, no one has called critical thinking a communist plot to brainwash our children into robots.

So?

Parents should be raising their kids the way they want them to be. I don't want teachers putting crap in my kids heads that i don't believe..
And "Behavior modification"??? That sounds like brainwashing to me.

Texas is sounding like about the smartest state around...everyone should move there!

Sorry, but yu don't get to decide what an education. If that's what parent want to teach their kids, then the government has no business interfering. The idiocies they teach in government schools are no more rational or valid than the ideas you listed.

Forum List

Back