Gorilla ...

They could have had several rifles trained on him while they hit him with a tranquilizer gun. If he went after the kid, they would have the option of shooting him.
You dumbass. The gorillas reactions would be way faster. The gorilla is 400 lbs of pure muscle. If he would have backhanded the boy it would have killed him instantly. The gorilla was known for busting coconuts with his bare hands.

So, you're a hunter.
Those teeth third from the middle in your mouth are called canines. They are for eating meat.

By nature all human beings are hunters, but many of us let that side of our nature go into atrophy.

Where was the mother of the little boy to prevent him from doing such a dangerous thing?

Scratching her ass?

We all get it; you're a gansta who hates the mother.
IT is an emotional topic for Western people as we have seen so much of our own habitat destroyed. So we want to preserve what is left as much as possible, even in zoos.

Why are we staring at gorillas in a zoo. Why aren't they in their own natural habitat?
Yes, put all endangered species back in the wild so we can finish them off.

So, you're a hunter.
I shoot animals every few days. Lions almost every week.
image.jpeg

Even it had been 100 years, what difference does it make. The hole in the railing barrier was there and the child found it. Do you really think the mother, who had 3 other children, thought for a second that the hole was there?
You can see it. It's pretty obvious. When one of them says they want to get in the cage and go for a swim it's probably a good idea to know where they are at all times.

The mother didn't know there was hole in the railing barrier. How could she have possibly known that?
IMG_5171.JPG
Looks like the one I went to. I also thought about how easy it would be for a kid to get in there and fall before anyone knew what was going on.
I've taken my nephews to the Cincinnati Zoo several times. It's kind of scary that is all the separates you from a 15ft drop into an enclosure. I would never let one of them stand on those landscape timbers and lean over the railing like the child in the picture either.
I always wondered why they didnt make it more secure. I understand they are trying to make it natural looking but kids can get into a lot of stuff if you take your eyes off of them for a second.

Why couldn't the zoo keepers hit him with a tazer or sleep arrow?
Probably because he most likely would have flipped out and killed the boy before going down due to the tranquilizer 15 minutes later.
Ace, I agree.....although very sad, it had to go down that way....but I still think the parents of this child are SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS WHOLE ORDEAL AND THAT WEIGHT SHOULD BARE HEAVY ON THEIR SHOULDERS....NO CHILD EVER THAT YOUNG SHOULD BE OUT OF A PARENTS SITE, NOT EVER. THE SOLE PURPOSE FOR VISITING THE ZOO IS FOR THE KIDS AMUSEMENT, HOW JR. GOT OUT OF THEIR SITE ONLY GOD KNOWS.
From what i understand the child was with the mom, she turned around to take a picture and the little boy had hopped the barrier. She was looking around for him and someone saw him crawling in the bushes and tried to get him before he fell in.

Clearly she had a rambunctious child on her hands and I get it, all parents get it. Kids are very active and excitable in environments outside their norm....but this is when we must be diligent and aggressive in keeping them close and within eye sight. Had this been near a main street or near a pool, the outcome could be fatal.....Ace, that's just the way it is...one turn, one minute out of our eye site and tragedy can occur. Accidents do happen and I feel for this child, but as care givers its our main job in life, keeping our kids safe regardless of circumstances. We all know our children and their capabilities and how they are. Because of this mistake, a animal is dead, a child traumatized perhaps the rest of his life and people are angry. I still blame the parents. They dropped the ball on this one.

Where was the mother of the little boy to prevent him from doing such a dangerous thing?

Scratching her ass?

We all get it; you're a gansta who hates the mother.
IT is an emotional topic for Western people as we have seen so much of our own habitat destroyed. So we want to preserve what is left as much as possible, even in zoos.

Why are we staring at gorillas in a zoo. Why aren't they in their own natural habitat?
The reasons are numerous. One is to raise awareness and educate. Another is to make money.
Awareness and education for sure, but most zoos, including the Cincinnati zoo are non profit.

Probably because he most likely would have flipped out and killed the boy before going down due to the tranquilizer 15 minutes later.
Ace, I agree.....although very sad, it had to go down that way....but I still think the parents of this child are SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS WHOLE ORDEAL AND THAT WEIGHT SHOULD BARE HEAVY ON THEIR SHOULDERS....NO CHILD EVER THAT YOUNG SHOULD BE OUT OF A PARENTS SITE, NOT EVER. THE SOLE PURPOSE FOR VISITING THE ZOO IS FOR THE KIDS AMUSEMENT, HOW JR. GOT OUT OF THEIR SITE ONLY GOD KNOWS.
From what i understand the child was with the mom, she turned around to take a picture and the little boy had hopped the barrier. She was looking around for him and someone saw him crawling in the bushes and tried to get him before he fell in.

Clearly she had a rambunctious child on her hands and I get it, all parents get it. Kids are very active and excitable in environments outside their norm....but this is when we must be diligent and aggressive in keeping them close and within eye sight. Had this been near a main street or near a pool, the outcome could be fatal.....Ace, that's just the way it is...one turn, one minute out of our eye site and tragedy can occur. Accidents do happen and I feel for this child, but as care givers its our main job in life, keeping our kids safe regardless of circumstances. We all know our children and their capabilities and how they are. Because of this mistake, a animal is dead, a child traumatized perhaps the rest of his life and people are angry. I still blame the parents. They dropped the ball on this one.

IMO the parents and zoo are both responsible. But the 6 million dollar question is - What do you want done?

IMO the parents and zoo are both responsible. But the 6 million dollar question is - What do you want done?

Never to kill the animal. NEVER.

Just use a sleeping dart in the future.

You dont go to a zoo thinking of the possibility of your child getting into a enclosure. You are assuming its impossible. In such a scenario most people are more worried about the child wandering off and getting lost. I guarantee you the last place she thought the child could be was in that enclosure until someone told her. Zoos sell the illusion of safety to get you in there but they are dangerous for children and suck for the animals. I cant really blame the parents because they wouldnt have brought their kids to the zoo if they thought it was dangerous.

Watch this bears reaction to being shot by a dart.

That doesn't answer the question. What I mean is what do those of you who are blaming the parents want to be done legally if anything to them?

I will not watch. I can not watch animals suffering.

Having said that

It's preferable that, than seeing that beautiful polar bear dead.

Better the dart than dead.

Having said that

Or an even better example. Watch this chimp attack after being shot with a dart. Remember the gorilla outweighs the chimp by about 300 pounds.

Having said that

Or an even better example. Watch this chimp attack after being shot with a dart. Remember the gorilla outweighs the chimp by about 300 pounds.

I am sorry Asclepias

I refuse to watch animals suffering.

I simply can not do it, ok?

Forum List

Back