Gorilla ...

Good grief! I can't believe how stupid some of you people are, some of the MOST stupid people I've ever met here at USMB.

Here is WHY they didn't just tranquilize the gorilla. Animals don't just fall down to sleep after being shot by a tranquilizer dart, morons. They react FIRST.

Why the gorilla was killed not tranquilised after boy, 4, fell into enclosure

Okay? Now shut up about tranquilizing him.

IMO the parents and zoo are both responsible. But the 6 million dollar question is - What do you want done?

Never to kill the animal. NEVER.

Just use a sleeping dart in the future.
Watch this bears reaction to being shot by a dart.

I will not watch. I can not watch animals suffering.

Having said that

It's preferable that, than seeing that beautiful polar bear dead.

Better the dart than dead.

Or an even better example. Watch this chimp attack after being shot with a dart. Remember the gorilla outweighs the chimp by about 300 pounds.

I am sorry Asclepias

I refuse to watch animals suffering.

I simply can not do it, ok?

Understood. I just wanted you to realize shooting the gorilla with a dart was not a safe option for the child.

Good grief! I can't believe how stupid some of you people are, some of the MOST stupid people I've ever met here at USMB.

Here is WHY they didn't just tranquilize the gorilla. Animals don't just fall down to sleep after being shot by a tranquilizer dart, morons. They react FIRST.

Why the gorilla was killed not tranquilised after boy, 4, fell into enclosure

Okay? Now shut up about tranquilizing him.

You shut up.

You are one of the most stupid people here. You don't know anything about anything! :cuckoo: Go watch some documentaries and learn a little before you open your stupid trap.

Not an option. The drug takes time to take effect, during which time the gorilla would have been further agitated by being shot by the dart. Doses aren't absolute. In his agitated state, the drug may not have worked at all.

All of the people I have seen interviewed who are professional animal handlers have said no to the idea.

The gorilla could have passed out in the moat and drowned. The gorilla could have passed out in the moat on top of the boy and they both would have drowned.

God spoketh unto him.
It's what makes me save you instead of the cockroach.

Right. Because you wouldn't be able to determine for yourself right from wrong otherwise. Lol.
Hitler and his crew believed they were doing right.

Quit trolling this thread, tard.
You made the idiotic claim people can invent their own morality and make a choice we can all agree is acceptable.

It figures that you (and some others) are too stupid and sociopathic to be able to figure out things on your own. You NEED to refer to a book that tells you what to do.

Not an option. The drug takes time to take effect, during which time the gorilla would have been further agitated by being shot by the dart. Doses aren't absolute. In his agitated state, the drug may not have worked at all.

All of the people I have seen interviewed who are professional animal handlers have said no to the idea.

The gorilla could have passed out in the moat and drowned. The gorilla could have passed out in the moat on top of the boy and they both would have drowned.

Thank you. At least someone here wasn't dropped on their head.

Does this help some of the morons understand?

‘Tranquillising the gorilla with a dart just simply wouldn’t have worked in this situation.

It would have taken up to 10 minutes to take affect and the animal may have become violent which would have had catastrophic consequences.’

Read more: Why the gorilla was killed not tranquilised after boy, 4, fell into enclosure
Should the animal become violent the bullets are still available and they travel quickly. I`ve been a seasonal employee at a zoo for 10 seasons and I know that by nature, gorillas are gentle creatures. They drag their young around by the arm just as that gorilla dragged that child. Forget King Kong and that 3 stooges episode that made a gorilla appear to be a psycho beast. They are family (troop) oriented beings. At worst, the kid may have ended up with a broken bone or two but gorillas don`t eat meat.

Thick as a brick you are.

Oh well.

Rave on...... :blahblah:

Got any comment on the fact that it can take up to 10 MINUTES for a tranquilizer dart to affect the animal. In the meantime, no one knows how the animal would react. This is a 400 pound gorilla we are talking about here, dummy.

Talking to me?????

You know perfectly well we never see eye to eye....go find somebody else

I rather pass on your invitation.....that is always my choice with you

Bye........chao!

The zoo officials did what they had to do to save the boy. Shooting the gorilla with a tranquilizer dart would have probably made it freak out and then no one KNOWS what it would do in that scenario. If you want to hold the zoo responsible, that's fine, they are responsible in some ways. For one thing, they need to make damn sure that nobody can get through to the enclosures. That is their responsibility. The parents are also responsible. Your child is YOUR responsibility especially when you have them in a potentially "dangerous" environment. You don't take your eyes off your kids when they are too small to know any better! Some parents are not watching their kids. That's the reality of the situation.

Oh well.

Got any comment on the fact that it can take up to 10 MINUTES for a tranquilizer dart to affect the animal. In the meantime, no one knows how the animal would react. This is a 400 pound gorilla we are talking about here, dummy.

Talking to me?????

Bye........chao!

Because you are WRONG and crazy, as usual.

Right. Because you wouldn't be able to determine for yourself right from wrong otherwise. Lol.

You made the idiotic claim people can invent their own morality and make a choice we can all agree is acceptable.

It figures that you (and some others) are too stupid and sociopathic to be able to figure out things on your own. You NEED to refer to a book that tells you what to do.

Yes, life would be so much simpler if we followed the example of Godless people who have murdered 175 million of their own citizens in just the last century.

Oh well.

Talking to me?????

Bye........chao!

Because you are WRONG and crazy, as usual.

Sure Einstein, sure :rolleyes:

Anyway....better go back to topic ...:)

Does this help some of the morons understand?

‘Tranquillising the gorilla with a dart just simply wouldn’t have worked in this situation.

It would have taken up to 10 minutes to take affect and the animal may have become violent which would have had catastrophic consequences.’

Read more: Why the gorilla was killed not tranquilised after boy, 4, fell into enclosure
Should the animal become violent the bullets are still available and they travel quickly. I`ve been a seasonal employee at a zoo for 10 seasons and I know that by nature, gorillas are gentle creatures. They drag their young around by the arm just as that gorilla dragged that child. Forget King Kong and that 3 stooges episode that made a gorilla appear to be a psycho beast. They are family (troop) oriented beings. At worst, the kid may have ended up with a broken bone or two but gorillas don`t eat meat.

Gorillas kill other monkeys when they come into their territory. They hunt and kill them. Gorillas can be very aggressive (especially the males and especially when they feel their territory is being encroached upon. The zoo did what it had to do to protect the child.

Yes, life would be so much simpler if we followed the example of Godless people who have murdered 175 million of their own citizens in just the last century.

You are in the class of complete moron.

You are in the class of complete moron.
You don't believe Godless people have murdered over 175 million of their own citizens in the past century, or you just like rebutting facts with childish name calling?

Forum List

Back