Gorilla ...

I didnt say that everyone objecting to the gorillas death was a liberal.

But how does a conservative argue that the childs life should be put at risk by taking partial measures to neutralize the gorilla as a threat to the child's safety?

I understand

But "partial measures" would be to put the gorilla to sleep for awhile.

Not to kill him.

I, along with thousands of others, will take the advice from an expert.
Famed Animal Expert Jack Hanna Says Gorilla Would Have Killed Boy

And I along with millions of others listen to the advice of the experts too

Animal behaviour expert doesn't believe Harambe would have hurt boy

My vote is for saving the life of the little boy, unlike the New England professor.

BUT DO NOT KILL THE ANIMAL!

Use a sleeping dart.

My God, what is the use to try to explain things to these people!

Just a waste of time.

Thick as brick they are! :mad-61:

The life of the little boy was at stack, and the professionals did what they thought best. Give it a rest.

I understand

Not to kill him.

My vote is for saving the life of the little boy, unlike the New England professor.

Use a sleeping dart.

Just a waste of time.

The life of the little boy was at stack, and the professionals did what they thought best. Give it a rest.

YOU give it a rest.

Liberals, doh???

Liberals my eye!

I have never been a liberal, all the contrary!

It's a matter of love and caring about all creatures, big and small.

It's a matter of right and wrong!

It's a matter of possible carelessness of a zoo and neglect from the part of a stupid mother who perhaps, just perhaps, should have never become a mother in the first place.

Stop blaming the mother for the zoo's mistake of not fixing the railing barrier.
This is either the first time, ever, a child has tried to enter the exhibit in 38 years or the first time a parent hasn't been paying close enough attention to keep their child out.

Even it had been 100 years, what difference does it make. The hole in the railing barrier was there and the child found it. Do you really think the mother, who had 3 other children, thought for a second that the hole was there?
You can see it. It's pretty obvious. When one of them says they want to get in the cage and go for a swim it's probably a good idea to know where they are at all times.

The mother didn't know there was hole in the railing barrier. How could she have possibly known that?
IMG_5171.JPG

But how does a conservative argue that the childs life should be put at risk by taking partial measures to neutralize the gorilla as a threat to the child's safety?

I understand

Not to kill him.

Use a sleeping dart.

Just a waste of time.

If someone shot you with a sleeping dart it wouldnt put you down right away. What makes you think its going to put an agitated 400 pound gorilla down immediately?

I understand

Not to kill him.

"The Bondi Vet went on to explain the other ways the situation could have been handled, but also admitted 'the zoo staff were placed in an awful situation'.

He also said if the child had been properly supervised, there wouldn't be a need to even have the conversation.

Many commenters outraged by the situation have echoed the vet's sentiments, placing blame on the parents for not adequately supervising their child.

The incident, which was captured on cell phone, sparked an outcry of emotion as mourners called it a 'senseless death'.
"

The parents

34C8870D00000578-3617102-image-a-10_1464659898504.jpg

Truly senseless death and careless parents should have their child taken away

What is hindering you from understanding that the railing barrier had a hole big enough for the little boy to crawl through. Did anyone at the zoo know about it?

"The Bondi Vet went on to explain the other ways the situation could have been handled, but also admitted 'the zoo staff were placed in an awful situation'.

He also said if the child had been properly supervised, there wouldn't be a need to even have the conversation.

Many commenters outraged by the situation have echoed the vet's sentiments, placing blame on the parents for not adequately supervising their child.

The incident, which was captured on cell phone, sparked an outcry of emotion as mourners called it a 'senseless death'.
"

So you are saying the parents, who assumed that the zoo's enclosure was adequate to keep people out, were at fault and when people go to zoos they should assume instead that people and animals can enter and exit at will?

Why should the mother be held at fault for not noticing an opening in an enclosure THAT NO ONE ELSE had noticed PRIOR to the incident?

Why are you not holding the ZOO as primarily responsible for not keeping their enclosure properly enclosed? Had they done their job, there is no way anyone should have been able to get in let alone a 4 year old child.

I understand

Not to kill him.

"

The parents

What is hindering you from understanding that the railing barrier had a hole big enough for the little boy to crawl through. Did anyone at the zoo know about it?

Where was the mother of the little boy to prevent him from doing such a dangerous thing?

Scratching her ass?

Stop blaming the mother for the zoo's mistake of not fixing the railing barrier.
This is either the first time, ever, a child has tried to enter the exhibit in 38 years or the first time a parent hasn't been paying close enough attention to keep their child out.

Even it had been 100 years, what difference does it make. The hole in the railing barrier was there and the child found it. Do you really think the mother, who had 3 other children, thought for a second that the hole was there?
You can see it. It's pretty obvious. When one of them says they want to get in the cage and go for a swim it's probably a good idea to know where they are at all times.

The mother didn't know there was hole in the railing barrier. How could she have possibly known that?
IMG_5171.JPG
Looks like the one I went to. I also thought about how easy it would be for a kid to get in there and fall before anyone knew what was going on.

"

The parents

Where was the mother of the little boy to prevent him from doing such a dangerous thing?

Scratching her ass?

We all get it; you're a gansta who hates the mother.

"

The parents

Scratching her ass?
Taking a picture of the gorillas.

True, but normally the child CANT because the enclosure is properly constructed and the kid CANNOT get in.

Scratching her ass?

IT is an emotional topic for Western people as we have seen so much of our own habitat destroyed. So we want to preserve what is left as much as possible, even in zoos.

Scratching her ass?

IT is an emotional topic for Western people as we have seen so much of our own habitat destroyed. So we want to preserve what is left as much as possible, even in zoos.

Why are we staring at gorillas in a zoo. Why aren't they in their own natural habitat?

Scratching her ass?
Maybe she was distracted by another child also in her care?

Children are clever little rug rats. They learn early on how to wait till mom isnt looking.

Scratching her ass?

Why are we staring at gorillas in a zoo. Why aren't they in their own natural habitat?
The reasons are numerous. One is to raise awareness and educate. Another is to make money.

Scratching her ass?

Yes, put all endangered species back in the wild so we can finish them off.

IMG_5171.JPG
Looks like the one I went to. I also thought about how easy it would be for a kid to get in there and fall before anyone knew what was going on.
I've taken my nephews to the Cincinnati Zoo several times. It's kind of scary that is all the separates you from a 15ft drop into an enclosure. I would never let one of them stand on those landscape timbers and lean over the railing like the child in the picture either.

Scratching her ass?

Yes, put all endangered species back in the wild so we can finish them off.

So, you're a hunter.

Forum List

Back